• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Copper Contributor
Wendistry
0 Kudos

Average Angel Investment is $?,???,???

$10,000

These facts on angel investing from Entrepreneurship Professor Scott Shane were enlightening:

Prof. Shane notes that only 21% of angels meet the Securities and Exchange Commission’s requirements for being an “accredited investor” – or an individual making $250,000 annually or more, or a couple making $350,000 or more (or net worth of more than $1 million). What’s more, the majority of angels don’t end up making money on their investments, and only 2% of businesses they invest in eventually become IPOs. And, only 15% of angels do “extensive” research on the sectors of the businesses they fund.  In a nutshell, the median angel investment is only around $10,000. 

Contributor
interactiveknow
0 Kudos

Re: Average Angel Investment is $?,???,???

It's my understanding that the SEC wants more regulation for Angel Investors which may reduce their average investment or decrease the number of investments made by angel investors.

The Financial Services Indusrtry and Investment community will suffer under more regulation and higher tax environment which will make raising capital more difficult and expensive.

Copper Contributor
Wendistry
0 Kudos

Would make sense...  The amount of energy/resources (mental, emotional, physical, and financial) it takes to start, grow, and run a successful business is astounding.  We need to encourage more "micro-financing" by pooling interested parties together and introducing them to fledgling entrepreneurs.

Here in Dallas, Texas, we have CoHabitat, a coworking space for developers, creatives and entrepreneurs in the Dallas area. Located in the historic State-Thomas area, it's just a stone’s throw from downtown and within walking distance of some of the best food, pubs, and cafés in the city.  Follow @CoHabitat for event updates on when they host area angels. 

Thanks for the comments!

Copper Contributor
cyborg
Device: Droid Remote

Earning the respect of warnting the attention of the angel investor is not easy, without using haggling tactic of spam. Believing in building a demand on what to days customer need are difficult to predict. Working on concept, there is residual growth strategy tied to providing goods for the average family. Presenting a portfolio to the angel investor to help fund and raise liquitity for small business concept with global implaction is the guidence a small business needs.

Finding the right colabration cloud will help guide a productive future with a precise fundamental.

The only way to learn is to listen to the best, thanks for the direction.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411