Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
WirelessQuery
0 Kudos

Can help w/ a routerless communication between digital DEVICES typically deployed in the home

[ Edited ]

If I use Verizon Wireless as 'the' broadband wireless provider. Is there anyway to connect other PCs and devises via or to an area 'network' in my home~office ?   Adapters are needed for each computer and/or digital devise(s) if they are desktops

I am in a very rural location. Called the 888 number was transfered to Verizon Wireless Any 'routerless' Area Network(s) ?.

Contributor
WirelessQuery
0 Kudos

Re: Can help w/ a routerless communication between digital DEVICES typically deployed in the home

[ Edited ]

Calling all staff,  This might not be that all well structured or you are left wondering what I am even asking.

This should be fielded by the STAFF.  Sorry to be a bother. I called your 888 number "once" and was not given the information I requested (nor require in a Wireless Networking issue that arose). Please keep that in mind.

AT&T became unusable in my location. As a result NEED local area network inside the house, mainly of Desktops and Notebook machines. I checked the HOWTOs and nothingreassured me that I can even setup one. This is a real-life problem. From your HOWTOs section. From what I thought is making matters much worse is the "exclusivity towards small hand-held devices". Local Area Networks should be easily found on 'your' site. I would appreciate if you 'd MAKE THE TIME to reply or I can simply wait on you then.

Do NOT presume I have be contacted or chatted Online with one of your representatives. I got no information from the call I mentioned to you in this. Other than installation fees. I wish I had already be able to chat with a representative. Thank you for posting a reply.  Posting any reply.  Again,  I would appreciate if you could answer this and do not presume I already found out about this technical issue with Verizon, K?

ElizabethS
0 Kudos

Re: Can help w/ a routerless communication between digital DEVICES typically deployed in the home

Hello Wireless Query

This is a peer to peer support forum, and is not staffed by Verizon employees. If you have a technical problem, you need to contact Verizon directly, either through the Contact Us page on the community homepage, or through the phone numbers you have been given.

Copper Contributor
Mikhail
Device: Actiontec
Plan: 15/5
0 Kudos

WirelessQuery wrote:

If I use Verizon Wireless as 'the' broadband wireless provider. Is there anyway to connect other PCs and devises via or to an area 'network' in my home~office ?   Adapters are needed for each computer and/or digital devise(s) if they are desktops

I am in a very rural location. Called the 888 number was transfered to Verizon Wireless Any 'routerless' Area Network(s) ?.

Hi,

In one word -- yes. It's possible to do. I think, you are using Windows. And your computer has a regular network connection -- ethernet or WiFi. You use your VZ adapter as a way to connect to the Internet. You should create home network, connecting all computers together including the one that hosts VZ adapter. All other computers should have dynamic IP addresses. On a computer that hosts VZ adapter go to Start/Settings/Network Connections. Chose the one that connect this computer to home network and right click on it, chose Properties. Then chose Sharing tab and select connection for a local network. Then check box named "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Intenet connection". Click OK. Should be set up.

Downsid of this solution is obvious -- computer with VZ adapter should be on all the time other computers need access to the Internet.

Contributor
Digitex
Device: HTC 6850
Plan: 900
0 Kudos

You do need a router / wireless router and or AP depending on location of the computers to connect to and if hard cabling is already in place. I certainly can assist with this deployment. Please go to my website and select service request and you can get me your info and what you already have in place etc.

BR

Ted

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements