Customers With Disabilities
Contributor
evergyro123
0 Kudos

WHY DOES VERIZON PROVIDE A VERY POOR INTERNET SERVICE FOR SMALL BUSINESS?

[ Edited ]

I have been a Verizon wireless customer since it was called Airtouch. I am a media producer and have being working from home and recently decided to move to an office in Covina California, I committed to lease the office without checking first if there was high speed internet service in that area. I came to find out that the only company providing internet was Verizon, after talking to a sales representative he tells me that the highest speed they offer was up to 3Mbps download with a 2 year contract at $ 47 a month. At the moment I get with AT&T for $43, up to 12Mbps speed which is very good for the file size I send and receive.

When I asked the sales person how come they don't have anything faster for business he said "because your office is far from our central building" What?

My disappointment is this: Why don't they offer the same type of speeds they offer on residential plans? And how come they don't have the same services in all areas? They don't even offer FIOS in my area. I'm searching for other options that don't require installation of dedicated line that could cost up to $1,000 a month. Has anybody experienced the same problem?

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools