Customers With Disabilities
Reply
Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
Posts: 6,752
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
2 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Auto Spell Check.

Should there be a way to enable auto spell check when sending a message, or posting in the community? I have looked for that option but could not find it. Spell check is your friend.

Moderator
KaLin
Posts: 2,584
Registered: ‎09-10-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Auto Spell Check.

I'm assuming you're talking about a feature different from the Spell Checker at the top right of the message window??

 

1398iB4118D746A8E5998

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just wanting to clarify if I'm understanding you correctly.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
Posts: 6,752
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
2 Kudos

Re: Auto Spell Check.

[ Edited ]

 


KaLin wrote:

I'm assuming you're talking about a feature different from the Spell Checker at the top right of the message window??

 

1398iB4118D746A8E5998

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just wanting to clarify if I'm understanding you correctly.


Same feature, but have an option where it will run automatically when clicking on post. Prior to the message being posted. Sort of what many Email programs do, This way it would fix typos, and or give you the option of making corrections prior to the mistakes I make getting posted. I though it would be a good feature to enable or disable if you choose to do so. I know you can edit the posts for a period afterwards BUT. I would also like to be able to make corrections in the Blog and Ideas postings, like what can be done on the boards. If that is not possible, auto spell checking would be the next best thing.

 

 

Thanks for asking KaLin.

 

PS. This board was getting lonely. The new Ideas board is getting all the attention.:smileyvery-happy:

Gold Contributor V
somegirl
Posts: 2,787
Registered: ‎09-15-2009
Location: Texas
2 Kudos

Re: Auto Spell Check.


prisaz wrote:

PS. This board was getting lonely. The new Ideas board is getting all the attention. :smileyvery-happy:


Lonely? With all these wireless issues that don't belong here? Seems lively enough to me! :smileytongue:

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
Posts: 6,752
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Auto Spell Check.

[ Edited ]

 


somegirl wrote:

prisaz wrote:

PS. This board was getting lonely. The new Ideas board is getting all the attention. :smileyvery-happy:


Lonely? With all these wireless issues that don't belong here? Seems lively enough to me! :smileytongue:


What are you doing here? The worst thing is when you search you still get blackberry this droid that. But at least we can login:smileytongue::smileyvery-happy:

 

Admin Emeritus
beckyc
Posts: 201
Registered: ‎10-21-2009
Location: San Diego
4 Kudos

Re: Auto Spell Check.

Thanks for the suggestion, Prisaz. Why don't you post it on the Idea Exchange? :smileywink: 

 

Just kidding.

 

I am hearing two suggestions here:

- Auto spell checker

- Ability to make corrections in Blog and Ideas comments

 

Am I right?

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
Posts: 6,752
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
1 Kudo

Re: Auto Spell Check.

 


beckyc wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, Prisaz. Why don't you post it on the Idea Exchange? :smileywink: 

 

Just kidding.

 

I am hearing two suggestions here:

- Auto spell checker

- Ability to make corrections in Blog and Ideas comments

 

Am I right?


 

 

Auto spell check would be a nice feature. Sort of what many editors do. The updated spell checker was added in some upgrade gone by, and was a great improvement over the addon that was once here if my memory serves me right. But then again it may have been another forum.

 

Yes, but not the ability to change the idea once a vote has been applied. That would be to much like Washington, and I see that place 5 days a week. But it would be good if one could go back and correct spelling or grammar errors just like on other boards. This would be nice in blogs also.

 

I could post these and ask for votes, but this board was getting so lonely. Suggestions and Ideas are almost the same, but this board should be for those items that relate to community forum itself. Now if I go there and ask for votes, would that noy be cross posting.:smileyvery-happy:

 

Thanks for responding BeckyC.

 

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
Posts: 6,752
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Auto Spell Check.

 


prisaz wrote:

 


beckyc wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, Prisaz. Why don't you post it on the Idea Exchange? :smileywink: 

 

Just kidding.

 

I am hearing two suggestions here:

- Auto spell checker

- Ability to make corrections in Blog and Ideas comments

 

Am I right?


 

 

Auto spell check would be a nice feature. Sort of what many editors do. The updated spell checker was added in some upgrade gone by, and was a great improvement over the addon that was once here if my memory serves me right. But then again it may have been another forum.

 

Yes, but not the ability to change the idea once a vote has been applied. That would be to much like Washington, and I see that place 5 days a week. But it would be good if one could go back and correct spelling or grammar errors just like on other boards. This would be nice in blogs also.

 

I could post these and ask for votes, but this board was getting so lonely. Suggestions and Ideas are almost the same, but this board should be for those items that relate to community forum itself. Now if I go there and ask for votes, would that noy be cross posting.:smileyvery-happy:

 

Thanks for responding BeckyC.

 


 

Auto Spell Check has finnaly made it on to the Ideas Board. So if you like the idea, please go give your vote.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Auto-Spell-Check-when-posting/idi-p/24923...

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
Posts: 6,752
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Auto Spell Check.

Admin Emeritus
Heather_VZ
Posts: 952
Registered: ‎06-21-2011
3 Kudos

Re: Auto Spell Check.

*sigh* love this suggestion.  So I had a quick call about it today and it's in the works, but there is no date on when it'll go live yet.

 

I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

 

 

 

Shop FiOS

  • FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

  • Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools