please organize these forums
hatcha
sub forum for each device
0 Likes
Re: please organize these forums
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3
First, welcome to the foums!    Well that would be one way to do it but you'd be looking at something like 100 sub forums . . . a bit much huh?    I find the best way to locate threads about a specific phone is to use the search feature.   Simply type in the specific phone you have an interest in and you've then brought up all the threads regarding that model 🙂
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
That's something we're looking at after the upgrade and redesign process is complete.  Please stay tuned. . .
0 Likes
crdlsp

I agree that there needs better organization of the forums.

I am a new Network Extender user and have to go thru the forum with both the Hub and Extender. They should be separated.

As far as the phones go, I think a forum for each phone would be good. On the equipment page you would just pick your manufacture and a sub forum would open for their own models.

0 Likes
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3

Hmmm . . . you know part of me says having a full section for each forum would be the most target specific way to go.   However, as a web designer I've created many similar message forums and electronic bloging sites for others and I can tell you this would quickly become a maintenance nightmare.    There are nearly 50 cell phones alone that are currently in the Verizon line not to mention other devices like the extender and accessories (I assume the accessories could be lumped into some categories).   There are also many dozens more discontinued phone models that are still very much in wide use.   Many will demand separate sections for each of those models as well.   You could easily wind up with over 100 more sections here!

Also, moderating so many separate sections would be a challenge indeed . . . LOL.    I was thinking of having sections divided up between manufacturers.    There could be sections for Moto, LG, RIM, Samsung, etc.     I say that because so many of these models are so close and similar that issues common to one are going to be very similar to other models.   I'll give you an example, a generic question about how to transfer music to a Blackberry would almost find itself being redundantly duplicated in pretty much ALL the separate independent sections.    However, if there was just a single Blackberry section then a great many overlapping questions and answers could be seen by all and a lot more could be learned a lot quicker.

Anyway, those were just my thoughts (dumb as they may be LOL).    If we go to a separate section for each phone then I'm sure I'll be able to live with that.   Actually, I'm not all that unhappy with what we got now as I just use the search feature to find all the posts I want on any given device simply by typing in the name of the device!   🙂

Message Edited by DarkCobra on 04-30-2009 01:31 PM
0 Likes