verizon forum
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon Community Forums is where customers help other customers. 
If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us.

correct me if i'm wrong all the issues in the forum are "specific verizon issues" with that being said the issues should be addressed by verizon.so the reason for the forum would be other then mass confusion?

0 Likes
Re: verizon forum
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@kaytabor30 wrote:

... correct me if i'm wrong all the issues in the forum are "specific verizon issues" ..

You stand corrected.

For example, when a user asks "how do I improve wireless performance," the answer often lies in the user's own hardware and software.  Usually the hardware or software is owned or licensed by the user, not by Verizon.  That's why we refer to it as "the user's own hardware or software."

The above is one of many hundred possible examples.  Unfortunately there is not sufficient time (or patience) to allow a complete listing.  However the "search" function on the forums works quite well and can provide additional documentation.

If this situation is still not clear, please ask for further elucidation.  Good luck.

kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3
Silver Contributor V
2 Kudos

Re: verizon forum[ Edited ]

@kaytabor30 wrote:

... correct me if i'm wrong all the issues in the forum are "specific verizon issues" ..

You stand corrected.

For example, when a user asks "how do I improve wireless performance," the answer often lies in the user's own hardware and software.  Usually the hardware or software is owned or licensed by the user, not by Verizon.  That's why we refer to it as "the user's own hardware or software."

The above is one of many hundred possible examples.  Unfortunately there is not sufficient time (or patience) to allow a complete listing.  However the "search" function on the forums works quite well and can provide additional documentation.

If this situation is still not clear, please ask for further elucidation.  Good luck.

Good viewing from "The Garden State"
... when someone helps, click "Thumbs Up" to give "Kudos" ... when an answer works, click "Accept as Solution"

armond

the hardware and software maker license the hardware or software armond,who is we
That's why we refer to it as "the user's own hardware or software." lol. since you tend to quote verizon word for word
and defend verizon {please keep your posts courteous}
0 Likes
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3

hardware and software last years before either one go bad armond,alot of problems are users are not computer savay.

armond your subject is not a common problem in the forum example (outlook express,payment,) your subject would prolly not get traffic cause of all the different possible causes.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@kaytabor30 wrote:

hardware and software last years before either one go bad armond,alot of problems are users are not computer savay.

armond your subject is not a common problem in the forum example (outlook express,payment,) your subject would prolly not get traffic cause of all the different possible causes.

...so these ~700 results for wireless speed don't exist? Just my overactive imagination.

These boards are for users to help other users with issues that do not require (or cannot be resolved with) Verizon's direct help. There is an important distinction between "specific Verizon account issues" and "specific verizon issues."

Verizon usually doesn't support 3rd party software/hardware, due to the multitude of possible configurations. End-users, on the other hand, are often able to offer suggestions due to some of them actually having similar software/hardware that they have gotten working.

If you are so incredibly opposed to these forums (and Verizon as a whole, based on your other posts), you are more than welcome to never visit them again. No one is forcing you to be here. No one here can overhaul any of Verizon's policies, and complaints about/to Verizon would be better communicated directly to them.

If you have a legitimate desire to contribute by helping people with their issues, or an issue of your own that you would like help with, post away. Boards like these only thrive with user interaction.

All we (the end-users that come back time and again out of a desire to help people) ask, is that you  be constructive and courteous. Relentless negativity is not only unhelpful, it drives away the helpful people.

designingjudy1

not sure if this is where I should post this, but I received an e-mail today that could be dangerous:  It came from e-mail verizon-notification@verizon.com  It looks legit, but in checking my account on the Verizon site, there is no info on this...

Verizon 

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

An issue has been detected impacting the use of your Verizon FiOS services, including Internet, email, Video on Demand, as well as telephone services. Please visit verizon.com/outage for more information and to request automatic updates.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

This email has been sent from an auto-notification system that cannot accept incoming email.
Sign InForgot Your Password? Customer Service © 2013 Verizon
0 Likes