verizon- they get your money any way they can!
nhmonaco
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have been a loyal verizon customer for years with my cell phone and was quick to sign up for fios when it was available. Recently we sold our house and are buying my parents house. This requires us to live with them while they build their house over the next year. I called verizon to cancel my fios bundle since my parents already have verizon internet and phone. They live in a rural area so fios is unavailable. When I first called I was told that I would still be charged an ETF of 200+. After working out a plan with the representative of switching my parents land line and internet to my own name to avoid the fee (my parents are no longer under contract) he asked that I get my parents permission and email him so that he would contact me the next day to get the plan in motion. I never heard from him so I called verizon back and spoke with a different sales representative. After explaining the situation he informs me that the plan can not work. My parents live in an area that no longer gets verizon internet! They have been grandfathered into the plan. The kicker is to switch the phone lines they have to disconnect the internet so I would lose internet all together! At this point I start getting concerned because verizon still refused to drop the etf even though they do not provide internet or tv and switching the phone lines would cause me to lose the only internet we have. I work from home a lot of the time and depend on internet to do my job and make a living. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I explained the situation to her. We have a second phone line in the house and she said that I could transfer the phone to that one. I asked if it would be possible to cancel after I switch and she said yes, it would void the contract because home phone lines are not under contracts. Also, she said that they would not need to send a technician out and I would receive an email to just do it myself. On the following sunday as I was leaving to work my second job a verizon technician showed up to install it even though I was told no one would be coming. I had to turn him away because I had to go to work. When I called on the following monday and explained the situation to yet another representative he put the order through to central so that I could connect it myself ans said I could call and cancel as soon as the next day, which is today. When I called today I explained the situation to the representative and he explained to me that everyone I spoke to previously was wrong and now all of a sudden I have to have phone for 90 days! I again asked to speak to a supervisor where I explained the situation and got even less help from her than everyone before her. I have explained to each person that I would be happy to transfer my service but verizon does not give me that option so how is that fair that you are charging me so much for a etf but yet cant hold up your end of the contract and actually provide me service. I habe also learned today that our second phone line is tied up to our alarm system, making it unavailable too. I.have suggested just transfering my parents service into my name but that required uninstalling and reinstalling, resulting in loss of internet. I understand that the contract says that I signed for two years and so im required to stick with that but you, verizon, are not offering me any service! So how is it fair thay I pay when you cant hold up your end of the bargain? My parents, and my husband and I all have verizon and unless this issue gets resolved we are pulling our services and never going to work with you again and ill be sure to inform all my friend/family of the "honest" services that you provide. I have never been bounced around and told so.many different things all within 1 company. I have also done some research online and have a close friend who just moved down the road that had verizon wave their etf but you wont do it for me in the exact same situation. I have also believed that you get farther by being nice so I have been nothing but polite with the representatives and supervisors and it has got me no where.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon- they get your money any way they can!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nhmonaco,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.