Customers With Disabilities
Announcements
The Verizon Small Business Facebook and Twitter pages have launched. Follow Us at www.twitter.com/vzsmallbiz and Find Us at www.facebook.com/verizonsmallbiz.

Does Your Business Have the Right Broadband?

by Employee ‎04-25-2010 10:35 PM - edited ‎04-25-2010 10:39 PM

1049i1184CDC14C2CBED7Your small business may be running along smoothly, but can it do better?  For small businesses that transmit and receive large files constantly, do you have a fast-enough Internet connection?  For a business that accepts credit cards, again, is your credit card processing machine attached to a dial-up or high-speed Internet connection? Or is your current broadband connection limiting your business potential?

You may think it doesn’t matter, but it does.  Internet speed is important in running almost any business today, and the right network will better support the applications you will one day very soon rely on.  Take for instance the explosion of HD and soon-to-come 3D content and the popularity of Internet applications like streaming video – broadband demand is still growing.  Recently, Verizon leveraged its super-fast FiOS Internet connection to bring Verizon Concierge, enabling the “digital-lifestyle”, to properties free of charge.

It’s best to be prepared and know all your options so you are not left behind, trying to catch up.  Take, for instance, property owners who own buildings which they rent or lease to residents or tenants.  One way many property owners are attracting new occupants is by having available the latest cutting-edge technology, namely Verizon FiOS all-fiber-optic network, at their building.

Starting today and running until April 28 Broadband Properties Magazine will host the 7th annual Broadband Properties Summit where the main topic under discussion will be how broadband and, more specifically, fiber-optic technologies are transforming the way we live, work and play.

Attendees from all across the country from property owners to engineers to telecommunications and technology experts will gather to examine the latest broadband strategies of cities, communities, and carriers, enabling attendees to learn from the experience of their peers and gain insight into how to leverage broadband technologies to increase the appeal of their service offerings, their properties, their cities, and their towns.

You too can leverage broadband to make your business run more efficiently.

Comments
by roselora on ‎06-07-2010 07:26 AM

svi    : Some time ago that I was coming on your blog and I must say that it's always so interesting!

by roselora on ‎06-07-2010 07:27 AM

astrologie horoscope     : Bravo for a wonderful blog and we will be very useful

by roselora on ‎06-07-2010 07:28 AM

astro    : Hello, I just visited your blog and found his style very elegant.

by roselora on ‎06-07-2010 07:29 AM

astrologie     : Hi, I've added your URL to my list. I visited your site last week and found the content really helpful. I'll be traveling next week your way so maybe we'll Meet in the line-up ;-)

About Verizon's Small Business
Get news from Verizon about small business services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon small business group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: vzsmallbiz@verizon.net

About the Authors

Mark W. Adams

Director: Verizon National Marketing

Photo of Mark Adams

Mark leads the way to bring innovative solutions to small businesses.

Mark Smith

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Mark Smith

Mark works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Dan Keoppel

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Dan Keoppel

Dan works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Paul Macchia

National Public Relations Manager

Photo of Paul Macchia

Paul handles corporate communications for Verizon Wireless with a focus on enterprise and government sectors.

Ellen Yu

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Ellen Yu

Ellen provides PR support to Verizon's small business team, landlines and FiOS in apartment buildings and small and medium-sized commercial properties such as strip malls, and street-level shops and offices.

Kathy Johnson

Manager: SMB Product Marketing Messaging, Verizon Wireless

Photo of Kathy Johnson

Kathy manages the SMB product Marketing Messaging Strategy for the Business Solution Group. She also develops and manages various SMB marketing programs to support channel enablement.

Jarryd Gonzales

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Jarryd

Jarryd provides PR support to Verizon in CA and TX.

Categories
Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools