Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
The Verizon Small Business Facebook and Twitter pages have launched. Follow Us at www.twitter.com/vzsmallbiz and Find Us at www.facebook.com/verizonsmallbiz.

Grow Your Business Exponentially - Without Spending More Money on Advertising!

by Employee ‎09-21-2011 08:40 AM - edited ‎09-23-2011 08:17 AM

frank small.pngGuest blog post from Frank Swiatek, co-author of “Managers, Can You Hear Me Now?” – Hard-Hitting Lessons on How to Get Real Results. Frank is this month’s featured author in the Verizon Author Series.

Whenever I talk with small business owners about their sales, I often hear the phrase, “I’ve got to get my name out there!”  They believe that future sales depend on outside marketing tools that they are not currently using, like advertising.

In fact, they have assets within their own businesses which can become a rich source of new business!  When we think of business assets we normally think of cash on hand, buildings, inventory, and accounts receivable.  There is another kind of business asset, called “Hidden Marketing Assets,” that are often underperforming or being underutilized.  If these assets can be optimized, exponential sales growth can happen very quickly…and without spending more money on advertising.

Let me give you an example of a hidden marketing asset being underutilized from a very recent experience with a prospect.  I had an appointment with a manager of a manufacturing company.  They make custom table tops for businesses, colleges and universities, and medical labs.

I asked him one of my favorite small business questions, “Why should I do business with you?”  He said, “Frank, if I tell you that your custom table top will be on a UPS truck or FedEx truck on Friday, you can count on it…guaranteed!”  I said, “That’s a strong marketing message.”   He continued, “When you call us for any kind of service, a live person will answer the phone within 3 rings.” Again, this was a strong marketing message that was a real asset to his business.  

Unfortunately, they were hidden marketing assets!  Why?  When I asked to see his brochures, his website, his communications, and his invoices, there was nothing about these assets on any of them!  They were assets lying dormant!  They were not communicated to prospective customers, current customers, or past customers.

Later today, in the LIVE – FREE – webinar presented by the Verizon Small Business Center (Wednesday, September 21, at 2:00 p.m. ET), I will help you to uncover those marketing assets in your business, which may be lying right before your very eyes.

Once discovered, they can be turned into powerful drivers for building a sustainable business.

To register for this webinar entitled, “How to Use Your Hidden Marketing Assets to Grow Sales, customers, and Profitability,” click here or go to http://www.brighttalk.com/channel/6255.

I will look forward to being with you online later this afternoon, if you haven’t signed up yet, click here or go to http://www.brighttalk.com/channel/6255.

Editor’s note: If you can join today’s webinar with Frank Swiatek at 2 p.m. ET, please do as you’ll get the chance to ask him a question about your business and win a free (signed) copy of his book.  If you can’t join this live webinar, the replay will be available at http://www.brighttalk.com/channel/6255.

hearmenow_book_small.jpg 

About Verizon's Small Business
Get news from Verizon about small business services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon small business group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: vzsmallbiz@verizon.net

About the Authors

Mark W. Adams

Director: Verizon National Marketing

Photo of Mark Adams

Mark leads the way to bring innovative solutions to small businesses.

Mark Smith

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Mark Smith

Mark works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Dan Keoppel

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Dan Keoppel

Dan works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Paul Macchia

National Public Relations Manager

Photo of Paul Macchia

Paul handles corporate communications for Verizon Wireless with a focus on enterprise and government sectors.

Ellen Yu

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Ellen Yu

Ellen provides PR support to Verizon's small business team, landlines and FiOS in apartment buildings and small and medium-sized commercial properties such as strip malls, and street-level shops and offices.

Kathy Johnson

Manager: SMB Product Marketing Messaging, Verizon Wireless

Photo of Kathy Johnson

Kathy manages the SMB product Marketing Messaging Strategy for the Business Solution Group. She also develops and manages various SMB marketing programs to support channel enablement.

Jarryd Gonzales

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Jarryd

Jarryd provides PR support to Verizon in CA and TX.

Categories
Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements