Consumers as well as small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have widely adopted the tablet technology and have found multiple ways to incorporate its use into their everyday lifestyle. The tablet marketplace is growing as more small and medium businesses look to leverage technology to be more productive.
What’s great is App developers have jumped deep into the fray, which is evident by the vast amount of business apps for tablets that are available for any and all operating systems – helping you to run your business more efficiently. Whether you own your business or work for a small company, there are business apps that can help you enhance your productivity while on the go.
I recommend that you look at several factors prior to making your decision. Carefully consider if a tablet or smartphone would be best for your business. Have an idea what your business needs are, which features are key, but of course, be flexible as there may be a little give and take when you make your final decision.
Here are a few tips to consider when shopping for tablets:
1) Start with an open mind – The tablet that wins the most popularity contest may not be the tablet for you. Think about the tools and features your business needs on the go.
2) Consider how do you plan to use your tablet or how you want your team members to use it (email, editing/sharing/creating documents, presentations, social media, manage expenses, etc?).
a) Based on your needs, ask if there are apps to match these tasks.
3) What percentage of your time will be used in the office and/or on the go? (for either case, accessories are a must )
4) Will you use the device while traveling overseas?
5) Lastly, purchasing a tablet is like purchasing a pair of jeans ….there isn’t a one size that fits all.
You must try them out (demo) and see which one fits your needs the best and also try a few business apps as well.
Click here for the Tablet line up available on the Verizon website.
Get news from Verizon about small business services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon small business group and other experts to help keep your business growing.