Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
The Verizon Small Business Facebook and Twitter pages have launched. Follow Us at www.twitter.com/vzsmallbiz and Find Us at www.facebook.com/verizonsmallbiz.

Small Businesses, You’ve Got the Advantage Now!

by Monte_Beck ‎12-20-2010 08:16 AM - edited ‎12-22-2010 11:39 AM

speed grid.JPG

It’s a satisfying feeling to know your business has an edge over your competitors.  Today, Verizon offers the fastest Internet speeds to small and some medium-sized businesses in 12 states and D.C.  Specifically, I’m talking about FiOS Internet for Business speeds of up to 150/35 megabits per second.

So how fast is that?  To download a 5 GB file (about the size of a 2 hour HD DVD) it’ll take 4.4 minutes.   And you can upload 3 GB file (about the size of a one-hour HD video) in 6.2 minutes.  That’s super fast and many businesses today need the speed… graphic design shops; medical centers; architecture firms; real estate agencies and so many other businesses.

Speed is king so email those super large files and perhaps cut those shipping costs.  Only Verizon’s all-fiber-optic can deliver such fast speeds and at highly competitive prices (for best prices order online).  For the first time large companies/enterprises will be envious of small- and medium-sized businesses that subscribe to Verizon FiOS Internet for Business.

The best advantage of getting any service from Verizon is the 24/7 tech support – we’re like your virtual ‘CIO’.  Don’t forget Verizon’s broadband service comes with security to help protect your computer from spam, viruses, and malware.  Additionally, Verizon’s broadband customers have mobility – the ability to pick up our Wi-Fi network (for free) and be connected while on the go.  This is huge, as many of our competitors don’t offer the ability to connect while you are on the go and we know that to be competitive, it’s important to be nimble, quick and connected.

Let me know if your business can use such ultra fast Internet speeds.

Comments
by Ted Krueger(anon) on ‎12-23-2010 10:54 AM - last edited on ‎12-23-2010 03:59 PM by Moderator

verizon is not a very small buisness friendly company.

i have been emailing due to a verizon tech savataging my internet small buisness with electric transformers tied into my phone wires as a favor to a friend-i am now out of buisness.hungry and close to homeless due to this tech who did this on the job and verizon tells me now its not a security issue for them and offer zero help.

thats right says verizon i'm on my own.

HOW WOULD YOU CALL THAT GOOD SERVICE.

any of you could find yourself in this position any day-and now you will know the response verizon will giv you.

anyone a lawer that can help me ?

{edited for privacy}

by Employee on ‎12-23-2010 04:21 PM

Hi Ted,

I've send your email address to Verizon's customer service support who will be in touch with you soon to help you with your issue.

Thanks for your patience!

Ellen

by MVP dslr595148 MVP on ‎12-28-2010 06:15 AM

While I am not on FIOS, I have a question.

When will this new speed be for Residential FIOS users?

Please think about the question and answer it.

Thanks.

by Employee on ‎12-28-2010 07:40 AM

FiOS Internet at speeds of up to 150/35 Mbps is already available to consumers.  Actually, consumers got it first, about a month earlier.  Check out this news release for more information: http://bit.ly/dImOW5.

Go to this link to check the availability of FiOS in your area:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSInternet/CheckAvailability/CheckAvailability.htm

This link takes you to the consumer page to subscribe to FiOS Internet at 150/35:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Bundles/Landing/fiosinternet_ultimate/fiosinternet_ultimate.htm

For small businesses, this link takes you to the page to subscribe to FiOS Internet at 150/35:

http://smallbusiness.verizon.com/products/internet/fios/overview.aspx#plans

About Verizon's Small Business
Get news from Verizon about small business services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon small business group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: vzsmallbiz@verizon.net

About the Authors

Mark W. Adams

Director: Verizon National Marketing

Photo of Mark Adams

Mark leads the way to bring innovative solutions to small businesses.

Mark Smith

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Mark Smith

Mark works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Dan Keoppel

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Dan Keoppel

Dan works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Paul Macchia

National Public Relations Manager

Photo of Paul Macchia

Paul handles corporate communications for Verizon Wireless with a focus on enterprise and government sectors.

Ellen Yu

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Ellen Yu

Ellen provides PR support to Verizon's small business team, landlines and FiOS in apartment buildings and small and medium-sized commercial properties such as strip malls, and street-level shops and offices.

Kathy Johnson

Manager: SMB Product Marketing Messaging, Verizon Wireless

Photo of Kathy Johnson

Kathy manages the SMB product Marketing Messaging Strategy for the Business Solution Group. She also develops and manages various SMB marketing programs to support channel enablement.

Jarryd Gonzales

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Jarryd

Jarryd provides PR support to Verizon in CA and TX.

Categories
Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements