Customers With Disabilities
Announcements
The Verizon Small Business Facebook and Twitter pages have launched. Follow Us at www.twitter.com/vzsmallbiz and Find Us at www.facebook.com/verizonsmallbiz.

Take Action Today: Small Businesses Here’s Your Chance to Support One Another

by Monte_Beck ‎11-18-2010 01:02 PM - edited ‎12-01-2010 10:53 AM

Verizon Supports.JPGAmerican Express has launched a national movement called Small Business SaturdaySM, urging the public to support the local businesses that create jobs, boost the economy and preserve neighborhoods around the country. 

Verizon is proud to join this effort as a leading provider of products and services to businesses of all sizes.

Verizon already supports small businesses through the Verizon Small Business Center, a best in class one-stop portal offering resources, news and tips to help any small and mid-sized businesses grow by utilizing new tools to engage customers and potential customers.

As the holiday shopping season commences, Verizon is joining the Small Business Saturday movement to urge small businesses to support one another and to shop at a local small business in your neighborhood.  To further support Small Business Saturday, Verizon will give a $25 American Express gift card to each of the first 800 small businesses that post a comment on this site. 

It’s simple, in the comments section of this blog just write a short note about how another small business can use your services or shop in your store.  Be sure to include your full name, the name of your business, your business’ address and website (if you have one and if you don’t… read this blog post).

This is a great opportunity to get your business listed here and to find out about other small businesses.

Only U.S.-based small businesses are eligible.  The first 800 small business owners who post a qualifying comment with all of the information noted above on or before December 20, 2010 will receive a $25 American Express gift card.  Limit one gift card per business, address and/or email.  The gift card will be mailed within 4-6 weeks. 

So go on, take action.  Let other small businesses know of your business.  Also, take the time to spread the word that you’ll be shopping at a local small business this holiday season and encourage others to do so as well.

Comments
by MenakaChang(anon) on ‎11-18-2010 01:30 PM

Menaka Chang

Menaka Fitness

menakafitness.com

187 Warren St, Suite 309

Jersey City NJ 07302

I support local businesses and encourage local business owners to contact me for services.

SHOP SMALL! Support your local businesses and services!

by Carol Chaltron(anon) on ‎11-18-2010 08:25 PM

E. L. Marketing   -  Website under construction  -  cachaltron@gmail.com 

207 N. Maple Ave.

Royal Oak, MI  48067

I help small businesses create integrated marketing plans that get results. My specialty is helping them go beyond traditional marketing they're comfortable with (print ads, broadcast media, yellow pages etc.)  I coach clients on the smartest, most targeted ways to improve brand awareness, increase sales, create buzz on a new product, develop a new audience for an existing product & more. We use a customized plan that may include strategic, co-branding partnerships with complementary businesses, cause marketing campaigns that serve the greater good & work for your company, online marketing to position your company as a thought leader and improve your bottom line, and creative ways to use social media, beyond Facebook & Twitter. Basically, the types of strategies many small businesses shy away from, because they feel they may lack the expertise and resources needed for success.

I know the challenges small businesses face because I'm a small business owner too, so I offer flexibility in how we work together. I can consult for a couple of hours, or implement every detail. I'm working so hard on a client's new website, I haven't had time to finish the redesign on mine. If you're interested in learning more, please contact me at cachaltron@gmail.com

by Timurek(anon) on ‎11-18-2010 08:37 PM

TT Atlantic

mailing address:

2020 Ave V, 6C

Brooklyn NY

i buy and sell locally - electronic components. everybody welcome!

Let's support each other!

by Kris Histand(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 06:52 AM

KIH LLC

Kristine Histand

10244 Vintage Drive

Keller, TX 76244

www.kihllc.com

www.twitter.com/kihllc

As a small business owner and consultant with over 15 years' experience in Online Community and Social Media my goal is to help my clients establish a Social Media presense and build interactive relationships with their customers and promote their brand across the social space. I create strategies and provide recommendations to business clients both small and large for Social Media with a focus on corporate responsibility. I collaborate with key stakeholders to develop custom concepts, designs, products and tools. My specialties include Project Lifecycle Management, Community Management and Moderation and staff training for Web 2.0 tools, interfacing with LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, Polls and more. I have authored Social Media User Guidelines, Policies, Terms of Service, FAQs and Best Practices.

by Max Monty(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 07:48 AM
Max M MaxM Technology www.maxmtechnology.com 406 N 8th Canadian, Tx 79014 Providing local small business with computer, wireless, and cellular services, we are able to provide needed services to local business that in turn remain available to offer their services.
by Carol Murray(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 11:07 AM

My name is Carol Murray and I am the owner of Hairworks urban oasis located at 519 Piaget Avenue (Rt. 46 East) in Clifton, NJ, 07011. Hairworks was established in 1984 and has serviced the beauty needs of not only the people of Clifton but many customers from all different parts of NJ for the last 26 yrs. We are an Aveda salon and offer a wide variety of services such as haircutting and styling, coloring, nail care and skin care for both men and women in a great relaxing atmosphere. We can help local businesses by offering them a great local salon for their grooming needs or for gift certificates as a  "thank you" for their employees. We can also cross-promote with them for promotional events where we can offer a discounted coupon to their customers in exchange for them doing the same for ours in order to help increase traffic into our stores.

by Jonathan Reitz--CoachNet Global LLC(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:28 PM

Small business is the future!  Creativity and innovation are best incubated in a small business environment...wish I had research to back that up, but it's definitely been my experience!  The reality is that without the bounds imposed by a large organization, the perfect small business can be nimble in all the key areas.

Here's to small business!

by Amy Johnson(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:29 PM

my name is Amy and I own a small telecom company and am in independent B2B rep for Verizon. I offer phone systems from Avaya and Nortel, dial tone from Charter Business and Integra, and cell phones from Verizon to my small business customer. I have been in business fofr 2.5  years.

Thank you for supporting our small businesses !

by signwerks(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:29 PM
American Express And Signwrrks Express. What a combination. And also both are proud supporters of Small Business Saturdays.
by Steven Williams(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:29 PM - last edited on ‎11-19-2010 03:55 PM by Moderator

mY NAME IS STEVEN WILLIAMS I RUN A Computer/handyman service out of swanton,ohio I am a retired person who builds pc's for people and also do handyman work for people. I live at 3267 county road one swanton,ohio 43558email me if you have any computer questions or need something to have done around the house. St38126@YAHOO.COM

by Joshua Rodriguez(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:30 PM
I am the sous chef at a locally owned steakhouse in madison wisconsin. It is located at 232 e olin avenue. Right across the street from the alliant energy center.
by Chad Prins(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:30 PM

I am the owner of a small business ran out of my home i do most of my business from my web site or people can call to look at my products or get custom work done

by tiffany braswell(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:30 PM
I have a small business making homemade hairbows, tutus, and all around girlie stuff!!
by Chris Everson(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:31 PM - last edited on ‎11-19-2010 02:48 PM by Moderator

I support small business whenever possible.  Compass Points offers consulting services for technology and telecom. If you need anything please contact Chris Everson.

Compass Points Technology, Inc

11250 Old St Augustine Rd

#15-379

Jacksonville, FL 32257

by Rhonda Alexander(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:32 PM

I have a gift basket business- http://www.luxurylifestyleliving.info - We're here to take care of your holiday personal and corporate gift-giving needs. You may also find us on facebook, twitter and linkedIn Corporate discounts do apply for other business who use us for their holiday and any occasion gift-giving needs. Thank you

by Cake Confections(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:33 PM

Cake Confections

5 Tenneyson Court

Lake in the Hills, IL 60156

I am a one person operating cake business.  I do personalized, make to order cakes for any occasion.  I use Verizon as a phone service and I also use american Express to purchase the items that I need to keep my business running.  Other small businesses can use my services to provide cakes for clients or events that they may be having.

by Legends Sports Bar and Grill(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:35 PM

712 S.Eldorado Rd

Bloomington,IL 61704

We are a locally owned Sports Bar in Bloomington, Illinois. We support our local community. We work with local charities and buy from local businesses to keep our money in house.

by catherine Smith(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:36 PM

Sylvia's Wee Daycare in Fitzgerald, Ga

by Andrew Casper(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:36 PM
full name -- Andrew Casper name of your business -- Media Projects, by Andrew Casper Business’ address -- 953 Danby Rd, 319 Hilliard Ithaca,NY 14850 WEBSITE -- under construction I am a very small business providing video and editing services for a variety of customers -- both corporate and individual ... I am in the process of expanding this business, both providing more services and more markets
by Kamel(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:37 PM - last edited on ‎11-19-2010 03:55 PM by Moderator

Outback Cycle & SUV Accessory

718 West Main Street

Brownfield, Tx 79316

web: www.outbackacc.com

email:customerservice@outbackacc.com

Phone: 806-853-7514

We are a small business that specializes in all motorcycles and vehicle repairs, tune-ups, and all accessories. We have a certified Harley Tech on-site and will be glad to do whatever you want to your bike. Light kits to complete overhauls, we can do it right. We vehicles, we do everything from a simple oil change to overhauls, lowering kits to lift kits, we can manage it. Come by and accessorize your life.

by ChairSaver(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:39 PM

This  business provides a swivel joint designed to save the charter boat owners money in fewer repairs to the expensive captain's chair on their sport fishing boats.  The device is designed to work on boats of all types, whether used for business or pleasure. Designed and manufactured by a small business owner to meet the needs of other business owners in the boating industry...

For more information, contact Chair Saver Inc.  75-5873 Walua Rd. B314, Kailua Kona HI   96740.

by Maximo Mari(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:40 PM - last edited on ‎11-19-2010 03:56 PM by Moderator

We support small businesses as frequently as we can. Verizon has been great when it comes to catering to small businesses with their great customer service and products.

Wireless World 

40 No.Washington Ave

Dumont Nj 07628

201-338-2376

by Karin sauers(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:40 PM
Visit my Facebook page perfect scents candles and gifts!
by buttonparty(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:41 PM

Button Party!

514 S Metcalf St

Lima, Ohio  45805

by Nathan Brigance(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:44 PM

Innobyte Technologies is the proven choice for all of your computer and networking needs. While primarily focused on small to medium-sized businesses, we also handle everything from enterprise level networks to the individual residential client.

Innobyte Technologies

2851 Spotted Eagle Drive

Jacksonville, FL 32226

by Keith Smith(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:44 PM

Bernard's Formalwear has been locally owned and operated in Durham, NC for 40 years. We couldn't do it without the support of local customers and small businesses.

by Becky Hillig(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:44 PM - last edited on ‎11-19-2010 03:13 PM by Moderator

We make it easy for other businesses in our area to get their vehicles repaired.  We pick them up from their place of work & deliver them back.  If they are looking to purchase a car and cannot get in during our normal business hours - we will come back after hours to help them out.

Becky Hillig

Hillig Auto Center

22979 US 71
Long Prairie, MN 56347

www.hillig.com

hillig@hillig.com

by Zachary Soule(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:44 PM
Self-employed handyman. All kinda of odd jobs done at resonable prices. 2327 Kilpatrick Ave. Other business can use me if they need any basic maintenance done.
by Brian Ritter(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:45 PM

Brian Ritter and Mike Hurlocker

Frontline lawn care

9719 nw 240 Terrace

Alachua, Florida 32615

Frntlinelawncare@aol.com

My name is Brian and I own a small business with my partner Mike. We support and encourage local small business Saturday.

by James Keeling(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:45 PM
I am a photographer just getting his start. I only use small businesses for my supplies James Keeling James K Photos 601 Bill France Blvd Apt 206 Daytona Beach Fl 32114
by Lou Gallo(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:45 PM
My wife and I have a custom chocolate and favor business in tarrytown, ny called WHIMSICAL WHATNOTS. We support local small businesses. We use verizon and american express to support our business. You can check us out on facebook or online at www.whimsicalwhatnots.biz
by Mike Stuart(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:46 PM
We make great web sites from the ground up! Stu Stu Studio - just say the word!
by Jan Weber(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:47 PM

I offer bookkeeping/payroll services to start up and small businesses; providing services as needed at their locations and at affordable rates.  Many times, my clients and I trade out our services/products.

Jan Weber, PO Box 4881 Kailua Kona HI   96745

by Rick Brown(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:47 PM - last edited on ‎11-19-2010 03:14 PM by Moderator

As a small business who specializes in computer services, we provide other small businesses with technical support, repair, networking, and website development. Many of our clients are small businesses just like us! We also offer remote support for those of you not in our area. 

PC-ER, Inc.

1018 Porto Bello Rd

Pendleton, IN  46064

(765) 374-3072

http://www.pc-er.com

by Karin Sauers(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:47 PM
Perfect scents candles and gifts 414 Jefferson street East Greenville, pa 18041 I am a small business owner that makes personalized candles for bridal showers baby showers and parties. I also make and personalize diaper cakes and wreaths. Plus I have a great selection of handmade candles in collectable glassware! Check my page out on Facebook. " perfect scents candles and gifts"
by Taylor Kesler(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:47 PM

TD Curran, Inc. 

15 Employees 

3635 Haxton Way

Bellingham, WA 98226

We offer the complete line of Apple Computer products (except the iPhone!). We're a locally owned and operated business that's been serving the community for almost 20 years. We offer a more personal touch than the big box stores, and love talking about computers. Come see the difference!

by ssindustrial(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:48 PM

S&S Industrial Cleaning

1102 W Robb St

Ste. 62

Lima, Ohio 45801

by Anita Sutton(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:50 PM

Supporting small businesses are really important to me. It means you are not just getting something that's great quality but something from someone that's possibly their passion.

I specialize in making fun, whimsical and too good to be true bath and body products!

Everything you see is handmade by me. Some things are real and some things are not, which is what makes my business fun!

Stop by and say hello

www.SweetTreatYourBody.com

and become a fan on Facebook too!

http://www.facebook.com/SweetTreatYourBody?ref=ts

by Richard Manus(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:52 PM

Richard Manus Home Improvement

5080 Queensway Rd

Winston Salem, NC 27127

by Liberty Harley-Davidson(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:52 PM

Our company name is Liberty Harley-Davidson.  We are located in Akron,Ohio at 32 E. Cuyahoga Falls Ave 44310. We are a  full service Harley-Davidson motorcycle franchise in business for 24 years.  We support local business and are a firm believer in this  concept. Call on us for all your Harley-Davidson needs. 330-535-9900

by Hair Lady(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:52 PM

I own and work in Shear Image Beauty Salon.  I like having  a small business because it is more personal for the customers and me.  

by Amy Fraser(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:53 PM

Hello, I'm a small business owner out of Florida.  I sell makeup to artists and the everyday person.  I support small businesses by shopping in them. 

Business name Gem in eye

388 s chaucer lane

lake mary, fl 32746

by Castle Rock Media(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:54 PM

Castle Rock Media

Castle Rock, CO

Services include:

Graphic Design and Art Direction for print, web, multimedia and video

Web Design for web sites, landing pages, and email, including HTML,

CSS and graphic optimization

Flash Animation and development for web sites, ad banners, e-cards, interactive demos,

web site intros and more....

Multimedia development, including QuickTime VR panoramas and photography

Video editing and title sequence animation for broadcast and web

Photo retouching and color correction

Thanks!

by JPrice Photo(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:56 PM

I live in a small town and support the local small businesses practically every day. 

I have a small photography business and encourage anyone to contact me with their photographic needs.

Jessica Price

JPrice Photograpy

PO Box 279

Clintwood, VA 24228

by Patricia Cunningham(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 02:58 PM - last edited on ‎11-19-2010 03:16 PM by Moderator

Mario's Restaurant is a small Italian restaurant that  offers carry-out , catering, and  sit down dining .  It has a variety  of  meals at a low cost  for any companys get together. Very clean and very authentic Italian Cuisine !!

3307558288 fax

3307550738 number

Patricia Cunningham Manager

c/o Marios Restaurant

5162  Youngstown Poland Road

Struthers ,Oh. 44471

by Barry Faught(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 03:02 PM
Small businesses use my cafe daily to hold small business meetings and gatherings for their employees. Soho Coffee offers plenty of seating and free WiFi. Soho Coffee Company 1918 E Yesler Way Seattle, WA 98122
by Jungho Oh(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 03:04 PM

A & B Auto Repair
4169 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90019

We do smog check & repair, brake & lamp inspection, and other car related repairs.

by Zan McColloch-Lussier(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 03:05 PM

My small business (and it's real small - just me) can help other small businesses by advising you on how to use sound communications practices and enhance them via technology. We work primarily with non profits and foundations, but also with businesses that have a mission. 

Zan McColloch-Lussier

Mixtape Communications

12041 8th Ave NE 

Seattle WA 98125

www.mixtapecommunications.com

by Kristina Davis(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 03:07 PM

po box 86, woxall, pa 18979

I am a small business owner.  Its called " Hanging with my Bows"  .  I specialize in making unique and personalized hanging Hair clips and Bow tie holders. 

by Brittany Duncan - Self Employed(anon) on ‎11-19-2010 03:07 PM

I am a one-person accounting firm, doing small business accounting. With e-mail and scanning capabilities, it doesn't matter where you are in the US - I can work for existing businesses and individuals, as well as consulting and start up for new businesses. My area of expertise is clients who are starting up, who have run for years with no accounting system yet, and forensic accounting for small businesses dealing with theft or misapplied transactions. I do payroll and payroll/excise taxes, as well.

PO Box 14443

Mill Creek, WA 98082

evergreenaccting@gmail.com

About Verizon's Small Business
Get news from Verizon about small business services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon small business group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: vzsmallbiz@verizon.net

About the Authors

Mark W. Adams

Director: Verizon National Marketing

Photo of Mark Adams

Mark leads the way to bring innovative solutions to small businesses.

Mark Smith

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Mark Smith

Mark works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Dan Keoppel

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Dan Keoppel

Dan works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Paul Macchia

National Public Relations Manager

Photo of Paul Macchia

Paul handles corporate communications for Verizon Wireless with a focus on enterprise and government sectors.

Ellen Yu

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Ellen Yu

Ellen provides PR support to Verizon's small business team, landlines and FiOS in apartment buildings and small and medium-sized commercial properties such as strip malls, and street-level shops and offices.

Kathy Johnson

Manager: SMB Product Marketing Messaging, Verizon Wireless

Photo of Kathy Johnson

Kathy manages the SMB product Marketing Messaging Strategy for the Business Solution Group. She also develops and manages various SMB marketing programs to support channel enablement.

Jarryd Gonzales

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Jarryd

Jarryd provides PR support to Verizon in CA and TX.

Categories
Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools