Customers With Disabilities

Displaying articles for: January 2012

Preparing for Small Business Tax Season

by Employee on ‎01-31-2012 12:27 PM

TAX.jpgThe following is a guest blog from Anita Campbell, the founder of the Small Business Trends website and CEO of BizSugar, an online community for small business owners.

The mere thought of taxes is enough to take the happy out of the new year. They're not fun, and no one enjoys having to deal with them. But for small businesses that want to stay in business, there's no other option. You can, however, make it a lot easier on yourself by being prepared not just to file your (check out www.bizsugar.com/Taxes), but to respond to an audit, just in case you draw the short straw. Here's how:

Read more...

Tips to Protecting Your Customers' Data

by Employee ‎01-27-2012 07:18 AM - edited ‎01-27-2012 01:12 PM

Guest post by Michael Kaiser, the Executive Director of the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSAG).locked laptop.jpg

In this digital age, your business shares information online on a daily basis. Chances are, you trust that the data are safely protected.

But are you doing everything you can to keep that data confidential? Do your employees understand how to protect data? Are you prepared to handle a breach?

This notion might encourage you to take a closer look at how your data is being collected, shared, and stored online.

January 28th, 2012 is Data Privacy Day (DPD) an annual international celebration designed to promote awareness about privacy and education about best data privacy practices. (http://www.staysafeonline.org/dpd).

Read more...

AdoraPet-Verizon.jpg

A few posts back, I talked about our GoPayment solution in conjunction with Intuit and how it made it easy for the entrepreneur or small business owner to accept credit card payments anytime and anywhere.  Today, I’d like to share a success story.  Verizon Wireless customer, YiShaun Yang, owner of AdoraPet, conveys a good business case below.

In her own words YiShaun wrote:

While I was working as a corporate attorney in a Manhattan law firm, I made the decision to take a leap of faith and start my own business.  I believe children are full of potential and possibility, and it was important to me to create a business that nurtures children’s dreams and development.

Read more...

Businesses in California: Verizon Small Business Makeover and More

by Employee ‎01-22-2012 09:24 PM - edited ‎04-26-2012 02:26 PM

Guest post from Shirley Chun in California, small business marketing manager for Verizon.  To get news specific to California, follow @VZCABiz (www.twitter.com/vzcabiz).

It’s a brand new year and my team just launched a contest to give businesses in California the chance to get a “tech” makeover – worth over $5,000!  We also want to congratulate the Fitness Compound for winning the Verizon's Fans Choice awards.  

Read more...

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngWe hope you are enjoying your weekend.   Click in to read more...you’ll find a few articles which we hope you will find of interest.

Read more...

Let’s Rev Up Your Marketing Right Now

by Employee ‎01-18-2012 06:44 AM - edited ‎01-24-2012 09:56 AM

VZ Webinar Series ICON.jpgGuest post from John Jantsch small business owner, marketing consultant, social mediaJantsch.png expert and author Duct Tape Marketing and The Referral Engine.

Join me later this afternoon live – January 18th – at 2 p.m. ET as I give you an hour of fast paced, no frills, action-orientated tips that I’ll challenge every participant to employ right away.

Register here (or go tohttp://bit.ly/xYxAoR) to make sure you can attend this live – FREE webinar – presented by the Verizon Small Business Centeror to receive a notice when the archive is ready for on-demand replay. 

Read more...

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngThe Weekly Roundup features some interesting articles that caught our attention this week.  We bring them to you in this short summary. 

Read more...

1-11 - VZW post Samsung 7.7 Tab  Front.jpgThis post below is from Paul Macchia, former small business owner and now national PR manager for Verizon Wireless.  Paul is at CES and send this update.

As we hit the ground running in 2012, small and medium-sized business (SMB) owners and entrepreneurs are contemplating how to streamline their workflow operations and increase revenue.  One key area on the short list of considerations is implementing and enhancing mobile technology to amp up business capabilities this year. 

This week, at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Verizon Wirelessunveiled new devices, including tablets, smartphones and mobile hotspots,that are sure to capture the attention of SMB proprietors.  Continue reading to learn about a few great options.

Read more...

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngHappy New Year!  We hope it's off to a great start.  The Weekly Roundup features some interesting articles that caught our attention this week.  We bring them to you in this short summary. 

Read more...

About Verizon's Small Business
Get news from Verizon about small business services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon small business group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: vzsmallbiz@verizon.net

About the Authors

Mark W. Adams

Director: Verizon National Marketing

Photo of Mark Adams

Mark leads the way to bring innovative solutions to small businesses.

Mark Smith

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Mark Smith

Mark works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Dan Keoppel

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Dan Keoppel

Dan works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Paul Macchia

National Public Relations Manager

Photo of Paul Macchia

Paul handles corporate communications for Verizon Wireless with a focus on enterprise and government sectors.

Ellen Yu

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Ellen Yu

Ellen provides PR support to Verizon's small business team, landlines and FiOS in apartment buildings and small and medium-sized commercial properties such as strip malls, and street-level shops and offices.

Kathy Johnson

Manager: SMB Product Marketing Messaging, Verizon Wireless

Photo of Kathy Johnson

Kathy manages the SMB product Marketing Messaging Strategy for the Business Solution Group. She also develops and manages various SMB marketing programs to support channel enablement.

Jarryd Gonzales

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Jarryd

Jarryd provides PR support to Verizon in CA and TX.

Categories
Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools