Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: November 2011

Holiday Security Measures

by Employee ‎11-29-2011 11:40 AM - edited ‎11-29-2011 11:46 AM

small biz photo.jpgThe holiday shopping season is upon us.

If you operate a small business or retail operation that sees increased sales during the holidays, protecting your customers’ information is essential to a successful season.  Check out some security tips to help protect your business:

Read more...

Tis the Season for SMB! – Special Promotions

by Employee ‎11-28-2011 06:18 AM - edited ‎11-28-2011 06:55 AM

smb-page-one.jpgsmb-page-two.jpg

Don’t you think it’s time to get a jumpstart on resolutions for 2012?  As an SMB you are now in a position to amp up your 3G and 4G business tools.  Affordably.  From Verizon Wireless.

Check this out!

Beginning November 28, Verizon Wireless is offering special promotions to SMBs and Corporate Liable End Users (CLEU) – with 5-9999 lines – as the holiday shopping season gets under way. ...

Read more...

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngThe Weekly Roundup features some interesting articles that caught our attention.  We bring them to you in this short summary. 

Read more...

Using QR Codes to Market Your Business

by Employee ‎11-22-2011 10:48 AM - edited ‎11-22-2011 10:59 AM

VZSmallBiz QR code.pngQR codes have been around for quite some time.  In case you didn’t know, QR stands for “quick response.”  The QR code looks like a barcode that you can scan using a smartphone equipped with a camera and some QR code-scanning software (I’m using the app called QR Droid on my Android (Bionic) smartphone).

QR codes have been around since the 1990s but are just now becoming popular, spurred on by the growing proliferation of smartphones.  When you scan a QR code that you find on a product, a brochure, a shop window, a billboard or other place, you are automatically connected to a web page that gives you more information.  The information ranges from discounts, to product specs, invitations to events, exclusive content and more.

Read more...

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngThe Weekly Roundup features some interesting articles that caught our attention this week.  We bring them to you in this short summary. 

Happy reading!

Read more...

In this video see what happens when Michael doesn’t secure his computer while “away” from it.

Be mindful to lock your screen when you step away from your computer and have an unique password to protect company systems, computing equipment and data from easy access by unauthorized individuals.

Read more...

Loan Solution.pngGuest post from Tanya Brockett this month’s featured author from the Verizon Author Series. Tanya is a former adjunct professor of Entrepreneurship and Book Publishing at the University of Virginia; 15-year advocate of and consultant to entrepreneurs; and author of The Loan Solution.

When a small business falls into financial trouble nowadays, what does it do? Loral Langemeier, author of the national bestseller The Millionaire Maker, says we think small and retract. Additionally, because the credit markets have been so adept at increasing our reliance on them, we look to who we can borrow from to get out of the hole. Do you see the flaw?  We don’t say, “How can I create more cash to change things?” We ask instead, “where can I borrow from to turn things around?”

We need to shift our money consciousness to start thinking creation rather than just borrowing or trading.

Continue reading for more information of course, I’ll review these and offer more insights during my webinar tomorrow, November 16 at 2 p.m. ET. Click here to sign up for this live free webinar or go http://bit.ly/rU6ATO.

Read more...

VZ Webinar Series ICON.jpgThe Verizon Author Series was designed to bring experts to offer insights and advice to small businesses.  All this month we gave away featured author, Tanya Brockett’s book The Loan SolutionWe will give away more of Tanya’s book the rest of this month and during her live webinar and live Twitter chat.

Tomorrow Wednesday, November 16, at 2 p.m. ET Tanya will host a live (free) webinar presented by the Verizon Small Business Center and then be available for a whole hour on Twitter on Thursday, November 17 at 12 p.m. ET to answer questions and offer more tips and insights.

Read more...

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngThe Weekly Roundup features some interesting articles that caught our attention this week.  We bring them to you in this short summary.  Continue reading to learn how you can get a $25 Amex gift card - it's our way of supporting small businesses.

Happy reading!

Read more...

Take Action Today: Get $25 AMEX Gift Card to Shop at a Local Business

by Employee ‎11-11-2011 08:05 AM - edited ‎11-11-2011 08:27 AM

Verizon AMEX SBS_CorpPartner_300x250 square.jpgSmall Businesses Here’s Your Chance to Support One Another Again

Last year we supported American Express’ national movement called Small Business Saturday, urging the public to support the local businesses that help to create jobs, boost the economy and preserve neighborhoods around the country. 

Verizon is proud to join in again as a leading provider of products and services to businesses of all sizes.

In total, with the help from American Express, Verizon will be giving away $90,000 in Amex gift cards in various denominations to encourage our customers and business owners to support their local businesses.  Continue reading to learn how you can get a Amex gift card.

Read more...

Awakening to Your Cash Position

by Employee ‎11-08-2011 06:11 PM - edited ‎11-13-2011 08:06 PM

Loan Solution.pngGuest post from Tanya Brockett this month’s featured author from the Verizon Authors Series. Tanya is an adjunct professor of Entrepreneurship and Book Publishing at the University of Virginia; 15-year advocate of and consultant to entrepreneurs; and author of The Loan Solution.

Oftentimes we choose to avoid the evaluation of our spending because we are afraid of what we will find. If we examine our spending habits, we may see that we spend way too much on, say, office supplies than we need to. We overspend on every new gadget that comes along without looking at the return on that investment. We spend mindlessly on marketing...just because. We couldn't quantify the results of the advertising campaign if we wanted to. And, in reality, we didn't even have a campaign, it was just a series of spending actions that led to...well...we don't know because we didn't measure our results.

Read more...

Get Money Solutions to Help Grow Your Business (featured author Tanya Brockett)

by Employee ‎11-08-2011 04:57 PM - edited ‎11-13-2011 08:13 PM

VZ Author Series - ey.png

It’s November and we’re excited to introduce another expert in the Verizon Author Series: Tanya Brockett adjunct professor of Entrepreneurship and Book Publishing at the University of Virginia; 15-year advocate of and consultant to entrepreneurs; and author of The Loan Solution.

The best part of the Verizon Authors Series is that we’ll be giving away Tanya’s book The Loan Solution all this month.  Join us for a live (free) webinar presented by the Verizon Small Business Center which will feature Tanya as a guest presenter on Wednesday, November 16 at 2 p.m. ET.  This will be a great opportunity to ask Tanya your questions.  Register now (http://bit.ly/rU6ATO) .

Also get your chance to get real-time tips and advice directly from Tanya during the live Twitter chat we’ll have with Tanya on Thursday, November 17 at 12 p.m. ET.  Just follow us @VZSmallBiz (www.twitter.com/VzSmallBiz) or search for #bizbooks.  Continue reading to find out how you can get a free copy of Tanya’s book.

Read more...

Weekly Roundup: It’s All About the Steps You Take to Grow Your Small Business

by Employee ‎11-04-2011 10:20 AM - edited ‎11-04-2011 10:42 AM

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngThe Weekly Roundup features some interesting articles that caught our attention this week.  We bring them to you in this short summary.

Happy reading!

Read more...

Smartphones Making a Difference in SMB

by Employee on ‎11-04-2011 09:46 AM - last edited on ‎11-04-2011 10:47 AM by Employee

bionic.jpgPower, Speed and Business Efficiency on America’s Fastest and Most Reliable 4G Network

If you are an entrepreneur or work for an SMB, in all likelihood you think of your smartphone along the lines of the once prominent American Express Card theme:  You DON’T leave home – or your office – without it.

There are so many articles about how smartphones are usefulness for businesses.  In a sense it’s like a miniature computer, but with telephone capabilities and it is small enough to easily carry around wherever you go.

With a smartphone you can answer a call and check your email or browse the web for news or search for a vendor.  You can take a photo or a short video and easily upload it to your company’s Facebook page or Twitter.

Read more...

Security Matters – Know Your Visitors

by Employee on ‎11-02-2011 09:30 PM

Here's another Security Matters video only from Verizon.  You run a small business and you like to keep things casual… people coming and going, but you also handle confidential information.  So it’s important to protect your data… and equipment from breaches and possible theft.  If you are in an office setting or operate a retail shop it’s important that you and your employees keep an eye on these contractors, shoppers, vendors, and/or visitors.

Watch what happens when the character in the video lets his guard down and grants the ‘plant lady’ full access to his office.

Read more...

Turn Your Personal Brand into a Company

by Employee ‎11-01-2011 08:22 AM - edited ‎11-01-2011 09:36 AM

VZ Webinar Series ICON.jpgGuest post from Penelope Trunk, serial entrepreneur and co-founder of Brazen Careerist.

After I founded two startups, I took a break. It was not an intended break. I was at the World Trade Center when it fell, and I was so traumatized that I had a hard time leaving my apartment for anything, let alone work, for about a year.

So I started writing career advice. And miraculously, my career as a writer took off immediately. I got a column in the Boston Globe, then it was syndicated to more than 200 newspapers, then I got a big book deal, then I launched a blog that Business Week called “the number-one career blog for generation Y.”

Tune into my webinar, presented by the Verizon Small Business Center: How to Turn Your Personal Brand into a Company on Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 2 pm ET.  It’s free!  You can click here to register or go to http://www.brighttalk.com/r/VLv.

Read more...

About Verizon's Small Business
Get news from Verizon about small business services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon small business group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: vzsmallbiz@verizon.net

About the Authors

Mark W. Adams

Director: Verizon National Marketing

Photo of Mark Adams

Mark leads the way to bring innovative solutions to small businesses.

Mark Smith

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Mark Smith

Mark works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Dan Keoppel

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Dan Keoppel

Dan works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Paul Macchia

National Public Relations Manager

Photo of Paul Macchia

Paul handles corporate communications for Verizon Wireless with a focus on enterprise and government sectors.

Ellen Yu

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Ellen Yu

Ellen provides PR support to Verizon's small business team, landlines and FiOS in apartment buildings and small and medium-sized commercial properties such as strip malls, and street-level shops and offices.

Kathy Johnson

Manager: SMB Product Marketing Messaging, Verizon Wireless

Photo of Kathy Johnson

Kathy manages the SMB product Marketing Messaging Strategy for the Business Solution Group. She also develops and manages various SMB marketing programs to support channel enablement.

Jarryd Gonzales

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Jarryd

Jarryd provides PR support to Verizon in CA and TX.

Categories
Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements