Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: June 2011

Listen Up: Here’s How Verizon Will Fund Your Business

by Employee on ‎06-27-2011 01:25 PM - last edited on ‎06-27-2011 01:29 PM by Employee

Money.jpg

What sort of companies does Verizon invest in?  Good ones of course!  Learn to target your prospective investors like you would market to your customers and know what sort of companies they prefer to invest in.

Read more...

Weekly Roundup - Marketing Tips and More

by Employee on ‎06-24-2011 02:40 PM

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngHappy Friday!  Below you’ll find some articles I found online this week that you may find helpful.

Tips to increase your Twitter influence.  Is your business on Twitter?  If yes, tell us how you are engaging with your customers.  

Read more...

Featuring Author Phil Simon: LIVE Webinar and LIVE Tweet Chat this Week

by Employee ‎06-20-2011 09:09 AM - edited ‎06-20-2011 09:09 AM

Verizon Author Series logo.jpgThe Verizon Author Series was designed to bring experts to small businesses.  This month’s featured author is Phil Simon a technology consultant, author, speaker, and small business owner.  He just published his third business book “The New Small.” 

This Wednesday, June 22nd, at 2 p.m. ET Phil will host a live (free) webinar presented by the Verizon Small Business Center and then be available for a whole hour on Twitter on Thursday, June 23rd at 12 p.m. ET to answer questions and offer advice.

I urge all businesses to seize these two opportunities to get insights from Phil Simon directly. Consider these as free consultations with a business expert; so, why not participate? 

Read more...

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngIt’s Father’s Day Weekend!  I bet some businesses like restaurants probably get a nice boost in traffic during these celebrated days.  Let us know if your business gets a boost at certain times throughout the year.

The big news in my book this week is the Verizon Hardest Working Small Biz Dad contest.  There is still time for Verizon’s customers who are dads and run their own business to enter for the chance to win $5,000.  Check out these articles I found of interest this week:

Read more...

network.jpg

Guest blog post from Amy Grant, Verizon Wireless small business marketing manager.

As a business owner, I bet you are always on, a problem solver, constantly doing… and very, committed?  I’m sure these traits sound familiar.  It’s probably because you are the engine that makes your business go.  You have a passion to succeed and will overcome any obstacle to make your dreams come true.  When it comes to any business, it is important you have the best and the right technology to keep up with your pace and help make your vision a reality.   

Read more...

Weekly Roundup - Golf Anyone?

by Employee on ‎06-10-2011 06:31 PM

VZ small_biz_info ICON.pngOne of the first things to catch my eye preparing the roundup was a U.S. Open-inspired news brief on the $80 billion a year golf services industry heavily populated by small businesses.  Like every business it’s seen some lean times the last two years, but the corner is turning.

Entrepreneurs are a creative lot and their startup experiences are similar worldwide.  Take the example of CoolJunk inIndia where a disgruntled college graduated created kits from scrap parts for physics teaching. It’s messy bringing the product to market and capital is always a challenge!

Read more...

Phil Simon - The New Small

by Employee ‎06-10-2011 12:28 PM - edited ‎06-10-2011 12:28 PM

Guest blog post by Phil Simon, author of “The New Small”. Phil is a recognized technology expert, he consults with companies on how to optimize their use of technology. His contributions have been featured on The Globe and Mail, the American Express Open Forum, ComputerWorld, ZDNet, abcnews.com, forbes.com, The New York Times, ReadWriteWeb, and many other sites.

phil_simon_book.png

Customer Service: Learning from Amazon

Back in the mid-1990s, customer service was very different than it is today. I should know because I was there. You see, I used to work in customer service for a large consumer products company. Angry folks called 1-800 numbers, told friend, and wrote letters. If the mid-1990s seem like a much simpler time, you're right. You could build a call center and hire people to read letters.

Well, that time isn't returning anytime soon. Welcome to 2011. Those simple days seem quaint in comparison to the bevy of tools at customers' disposal today. Today, in additional to old standbys, customers can share their grievances on myriad forums: Facebook; Yelp; Blogs; Phone; Email; Twitter; and many other emerging websites and platforms.

Read more...

When Strategy Becomes Culture

by Employee ‎06-07-2011 09:13 AM - edited ‎06-07-2011 09:13 AM

jantsch.jpgToday's guest blog post is from John Jantsch of Ducttape Marketing.  He joins the Verizon Small Business Webinar Series tomorrow at 2 p.m. ET with his presentation, "A Marketing Driven Culture."  Below is a brief synopsis of what he'll cover in more detail.

Any good marketing strategy requires people to pull it off and in the case of a deeply embedded and purpose filled approach, strategy becomes culture. The marketing strategy is delivered to and through the staff to the ultimate delight and inspiration of the customer.

In fact, I've said it many times; your staff is likely delivering the same experience to your customers as they are receiving from you. You can make all the grand plans you like about delivering an entertaining, inspiring, simple, surprising or mission filled marketing strategy, but you won't make it happen unless it comes from within - at the hands of fun, inspired, motivated, surprised and connected employees.

Read more...

Small-Business.pngThe first week of the month always brings news about jobs created and unemployment levels.  It appears that May was a weak month for both and the NFIB says that small business hiring stalled.  Perhaps the good news is that only 8% of small businesses plan to reduce their workforce.

We talk about small business financing and loans here on the Small Biz Blog and there is, potentially, a silver lining.  According to the Thomson Reuters/Paynet small business lending index, small business borrowing surged in April.  

Read more...

Phil Simon - June Verizon Small Business Author

by Employee ‎06-02-2011 12:51 PM - edited ‎06-02-2011 12:56 PM

phil_2.jpgIt’s June and we’re excited to introduce another expert in the Verizon Authors Series: Phil Simon who wrote The New Small.

Phil is a recognized technology expert and he consults companies on how to optimize their use of technology. His contributions have been featured on The Globe and Mail, the American Express Open Forum, ComputerWorld, ZDNet, abcnews.com, forbes.com, The New York Times, ReadWriteWeb, and many other sites.

He also authored Why New Systems Fail (Cengage, 2010) and The Next Wave of Technologies (John Wiley &Sons, 2010).

Read more...

About Verizon's Small Business
Get news from Verizon about small business services and market trends that affect your bottom line. Here, you'll find tips and commentary from the Verizon small business group and other experts to help keep your business growing.

Contact the editor: vzsmallbiz@verizon.net

About the Authors

Mark W. Adams

Director: Verizon National Marketing

Photo of Mark Adams

Mark leads the way to bring innovative solutions to small businesses.

Mark Smith

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Mark Smith

Mark works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Dan Keoppel

Executive Director: Verizon Ventures

Photo of Dan Keoppel

Dan works with and identifies entrepreneurial companies for Verizon to invest in and fund.

Paul Macchia

National Public Relations Manager

Photo of Paul Macchia

Paul handles corporate communications for Verizon Wireless with a focus on enterprise and government sectors.

Ellen Yu

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Ellen Yu

Ellen provides PR support to Verizon's small business team, landlines and FiOS in apartment buildings and small and medium-sized commercial properties such as strip malls, and street-level shops and offices.

Kathy Johnson

Manager: SMB Product Marketing Messaging, Verizon Wireless

Photo of Kathy Johnson

Kathy manages the SMB product Marketing Messaging Strategy for the Business Solution Group. She also develops and manages various SMB marketing programs to support channel enablement.

Jarryd Gonzales

Sr. Manager: Media Relations

Photo of Jarryd

Jarryd provides PR support to Verizon in CA and TX.

Categories
Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements