Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

A Free Chance to Experience NFL RedZone

by Employee ‎09-28-2009 08:44 AM - edited ‎09-29-2009 02:59 PM

NFL RedZone statsAlways wanted to know what  NFL RedZone  was like? Well, here’s your chance.

Verizon FiOS TV is offering all of its subscribers  NFL RedZone for free Sunday, Oct. 4. This “freeview” will be available during the early games from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET, so you’ll have plenty of time to get your fill on the afternoon’s NFL action.

If you’re a football fan and want to check it out, the “freeview” will be available in high definition on channel 835 and in SD on 335.

Besides experiencing all the critical plays when any team is inside the 20-yard line, you’ll also have the chance to sample a widget with one stop easy access for NFL stats.  And, if you subscribe to NFL RedZone,  you can use a unique feature of the widget to set on-screen alerts whenever a team is moving inside the opponent’s 20-yard line.

Like what you see? If you don’t already have NFL RedZone, you can click your remote and subscribe right on your TV screen: just click, confirm and you’re in. The season subscription costs just $49.99. The service can also be ordered either online by visiting http://www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral or by calling 888-553-1555.

Be sure to check back in on the At Home blog to let me know how you like NFL RedZone.

Comments
by ransaldi on ‎09-28-2009 03:28 PM

Why has the picture quality on the HD version of the channel gotten significantly worse since Week #1.  Some of the games from yesterday had poor picture quality.  Seems like Week #1 was fine but something had happened since that has caused the picture to be affected.  It has also been noted by other users in other areas who are subscribed to Verizon.  Appreciate any feedback you may have.

by shkeys on ‎09-30-2009 02:23 PM

Thanks for the freeview of the NFL RedZone, but it will not make me a subscriber.  Honestly, this channel should be included in the sports package.  Please stop trying to nickel and dime your customers when you get good content.

by Employee on ‎10-01-2009 03:41 PM

ransaldi,

Thank you for letting me know about this.  I checked around, but I couldn't find any reports of this issue.  The best feedback I can give you is that when you experience a FiOS service issue, please report it to Technical Support while it's happening.  That way we can troubleshoot it right away.  Based on your comments here, we'll be watching for it this Sunday, but please call 888-553-1515 if it happens again.

Eric

by mrmatt on ‎10-04-2009 01:37 PM

Trying to check out the free preview, but the HD feed is still blocked :smileysad:  It's supposed to be available today, anyone know what's up?  Standard def works but it looks like crap!

by beast464 on ‎10-04-2009 01:46 PM

No HD preview for most people.  I called Tech Support and they said it was know.  I asked if they were working on it and was told "Good Luck with that, Goodbye".  Thanks, Verizon!

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎10-04-2009 02:14 PM

The free preview is working just fine for me in North Texas. I am not going to buy it, but it is somewhat interesting to watch.

by MasterOps on ‎10-04-2009 08:07 PM

All my friends with Comcast got Redzone because they subscribe to the sports package.  No extra charge, nothing to order. It just showed up.  I not only subscribe to the fios sports package but I have every package you sell and you've got the cahones to tell me I can't get Redzone unless I pony up another $50?  You can break it down any way you want, season, not the season, monthly cost, weekly cost.  It's still another $50 you want me to pay for something Comcast is providing their sports package subscribers for free.  I never thought I'd say this, but when my bundle contract is up I may just switch back to Comcast.  At least they look you in the eye when they screw you.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements