Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

CSN+ Now on FiOS TV in Maryland, Virginia

by Employee ‎02-03-2010 09:18 AM - edited ‎02-04-2010 04:25 PM

BasketballHey Wizards and Caps fans - we've heard your cries and we're answering.  Starting today, FiOS TV customers in Maryland and Virginia will have Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic Plus (CSN+), the CSN Mid-Atlantic overflow channel that gets you your Caps and Wizards games.

As many of you know, we've been offering these games on FiOS1 - a local channel that's available in the D.C. metro area, but does not include parts of Maryland and Virginia.  We've worked closely with Comcast on this, and found a solution that gives FiOS TV customers all of the Caps and Wizards games they want.  We'll continue to offer the CSN+ content on FiOS1 in the D.C. metro area, and on channel 334 in the rest of the region.

So, if you're looking for Wizards fans Friday night, I bet you'll find them watching CSN+ on FiOS TV. 

Comments
by on ‎02-05-2010 07:19 AM

Bobbi-

Please now do this for the VHO8 fans of the Flyers and Sixers! The Comcast Network is offered and shows all of the overflow Flyers and Sixers games, and in April, 4 Phillies games will be shown on this station.

People have been requesting this channel for months on your Forum boards - please do what you can to have this added to the VHO8 lineup!

Thanks...

by Employee on ‎02-05-2010 02:51 PM

psumatt,

We know how important The Comcast Network is for fans in the Philadelphia market, and we're working on adding it in the coming months.  I haven't been given a timetable yet, so continue to check back here for updates.

Bobbi

by apap on ‎02-10-2010 10:13 AM

It is great to see that FiOS is stepping up in the area of RSNs, or at least adding the contnet shown on them.

I would also like to echo psumatt's comment that the TCN is very important to your FiOS TV Subsribers in the Philadelphia area, and will be essential to Verizon's offerings if Verizon wished to be competitive in Philadelphia proper.

Please keep usp abreast of when a timetable for The Comcast Network being added is in place.

Thank you!

by PCR0829 on ‎02-10-2010 02:19 PM

Speaking as a Philadelphia sports fan, I would also like to see TCN added to my channel lineup.

Thank you!

by jmwentzel on ‎02-24-2010 05:28 PM

Great news if TCN (the old CN8) could be added before the Phils start.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements