• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements

Don’t Worry Be Appy: Introducing The Customer Friendly ‘MY FiOS’ Mobile App

by ‎10-18-2011 09:33 AM - edited ‎11-08-2011 07:05 AM

vmf_1.jpg

Are you an app junky?  My colleague, John Columbus, certainly is.  So is my husband, who finds new cool apps for our iPad all the time.

With the amazing number of apps now in existence, do you ever feel like me and at times get lost among the apps?  

Today, Verizon has great news.  We’ve launched the MY FiOS app, an all-in-one, easy-to-use application that gives our customers access to everything from movies, TV shows and personal content; to remote DVR access and control; to home and energy monitoring.  In addition, the app offers access to digital voice management, as well as billing, account management and customer service tools.

The MY FiOS app is now available on Android devices, and will be available on Apple devices by year-end.  Verizon customers can download the app from the Android Market, after which you sign in with your proprietary Verizon.net username and password.  Once in, you get any time, anywhere access to the best of what Verizon has to offer.  

Even though the app is called MY FiOS, our High Speed Internet customers can use the app as well to manage their accounts.  And there’s more to come: MY FiOS paves the way for access to dozens of new applications currently in development by my colleagues here at Verizon and by our content provider partners.

Away from home and need to check on your pets?  Use the app to access our new Home Monitoring & Control service.  

Getting ready for a long plane ride?  Use the app to download that movie you’ve wanted to watch from Flex View.

At work and your colleague reminds you about the premier of your favorite show?  Use the app to access FiOS Mobile Remote, which includes DVR management.

And there’s so much more.  So if you’re a Droid user, download the app today.  You can do so right here, by scanning the QR code below.  And if you have an iPhone or another device, we’ll let you know when you can start using the new app. 

Update: In the video below, Joe Ambeault, Verizon's director of product management for media and entertainment, talks about the MY FiOS app and all that it can offer Verizon customers.

Android-VZ_Home_Account_QR.PNG

Comments
by cbinma on ‎10-19-2011 08:59 AM

It doesn't work for remote control on an Android tablet. It requires a mobile telephone number, which a tablet doesn't have.

by on ‎10-20-2011 04:44 PM

The new remote DVR app doesn't work at all.  It is unable to connect to my set top box.  There are tons of complaints in your forums and on DSL Reports about this issue and no one at Verizon appears to even be acknowledging an issue, much less working on it.  Very unfortunate...

by ‎10-21-2011 11:49 PM - edited ‎10-22-2011 12:04 AM

How do we contact android FIOS app support?  Is it the wireless group or FIOS group.  Nether claims ownership.  Anyway the remote app worked great until the Oct 18th update.  It does not display the channel up/down volume buttons any more.  It also has an extra row of remote/widgets/keyboard that does nothing.  Can I go back to the old version that works great?

The My Verizon app has all the details cut off with no scrolling or zooming?   It's horrible since I can't even read most of the data.  What good are these apps if they don't have the basic of function and have very fundamental problems my two year old can find.

by on ‎10-24-2011 04:14 PM

@cbinma You're right. As of now, the app only works on mobile phones and not on tablets. We'll let you know when that changes.

@BigPete82 There was an update to the app this past weekend, so this should no longer be a problem.

@thetick1234 Are you looking at the Verizon Wireless My Verizon app? That's different than the My FiOS app that we're talking about in this blog post. 

by on ‎10-25-2011 11:23 PM

My first paragraph cearly states "remote app ". I guess I should have used the "FIOS remote control app that controls my STB".  I would have thought the rest of my comments made that clear.

The second paragraph clearly states "My Verizon app".  I guess I should have said the My Verizon app" I used to see my FIOS services like TV, phone and internet.

Now these apps all call launch each other so I'm not sure what app I've even in when I'm using any of them.  It's very confusing and frustrating.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements