• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

FiOS Mobile now available on Apple iPad

by Employee on ‎12-21-2010 09:28 AM

fios_mobile.JPG

Apple fans rejoice.  Your holiday stocking now contains yet another gift from Verizon FiOS.

Starting today, FiOS TV customers who also have the Apple iPad can now download FiOS Mobile, our free application that lets customers use the iPad to remotely manage their DVRS anywhere at any time.  The tasty new app also turns the iPad into a television remote control.  

FiOS TV customers have used their iPhones and iPod Touch devices as a remote control and DVR manager since Fall.  By expanding the app to the iPad, we’re bringing more advanced mobile-entertainment capabilities to more customers, on more devices.  The app is now available on more than 40 mobile devices running Android software v.2.1 or above or that support Wi-Fi.

With the FiOS Mobile app, customers can use their mobile devices to change channels, manage parental controls, pause, rewind and fast forward or record shows.  Imagine using your iPad or Droid X to surreptitiously pre-empt the resident channel surfer at your home, just for fun.

Looking for some VOD tiles to rent?  Use the app to browse our on-demand library and search for a title, right on your mobile device.

The FiOS Mobile app comes in handy for reaching out and touching your DVR when you’re away from home.  You can remotely review, change or add recording requests, record an entire series, delete recorded programs and browse TV and VOD listings and more.  No more missing your “must see” entertainment because you forgot to set the DVR at home.

We’ll be adding additional features in the coming months, like photo flicking, the popular feature that let’s you flick stored photos from a mobile device to the TV, one photo at a time.  So stay tuned because we’ll make sure to let you know when more features are added.

In the meantime, if you want to see if your device is compatible with Mobile Remote, check out the complete list here.

Comments
by wdh on ‎01-06-2011 04:20 PM

I installed this app on my Ipad the other day to control my HD settop box

Simple instructions - worked as described - for 2 days.

This morning, I started the app and was prompted for my userid+password as usual.

I then received an error message stating that their were were no settop boxes.

I deleted and reinstalled the app but never got past the missing settop box message.

I can see from the app's description that an attempt was made to fix this very problem on 12/23/2010.

The bug isn't fixed and is incredibly annoying. Tech support is very unhelpful.

Please either fix the app or pull it of the app store.

by DBakerman on ‎02-13-2011 02:22 PM

Are there any updates on this app not working yet?  I see that it is still available in the App Store, but apparently the attempts to fix the "No set-top boxes associated with your account" problem have not corrected it.

by Employee on ‎02-14-2011 05:16 PM

DBakerman,

Sorry you're having issues with the app.  Please send me a Private Message here in the Community Forums with your "My Verizon" user name (not your password), and we'll take a look and get back to you with some suggestions.

Bobbi

by shevinmer on ‎03-02-2011 08:55 PM

Same issue as above.

by Employee on ‎03-03-2011 01:17 PM

shevinmer,

Please make sure you're logging in with your MyVerizon username and password.  If you are, and you're  still getting the message that no set top boxes are associated with the account, then send me a Private Message here in the Community Forums. Include your MyVerizon user name and an email address where we can reach you.

Bobbi

by dstroud on ‎03-10-2011 08:05 PM

I too am having a problem with my IPAD. I chose IPOD, no go, then IPhone, no good, so I tried twice more and could not get it to work. Now when I try again the widget says I can only have 4 devices but there is no way that I can see to delete a device. I have called Tech Support twice with no solution. They told me to call Apple. I am not going to do that. The weird thing is that in the settings (on the IPAD) it sees my DVR as well as the other 3 boxes in my home. It also sees what I have programmed my DVR to record so it has to be communicating with it. It just will not pair....says no set top boxes found. Can someone help me?

by Employee on ‎03-11-2011 10:01 AM

dstroud,

Sent you a PM to assist.

by richieboo on ‎04-14-2011 08:04 AM

The description of this app does not say it is limited to HD boxes. Is it? Are there new boxes I can swap out so I can use the app to control my regular set-top box?

by wylie on ‎09-30-2011 09:19 PM

when will the ipad or iphone app be able to be used to watch live or dvr tv programs....time warner has it already....

by Tommyweather on ‎03-03-2012 03:38 PM
Worst app ever. Constantly force closes and it is virtually unusuable on iPad. Perhaps Verizon could actually take the time to fix this? Been this way for quite some time which is ridiculous. Why do I pay for Verizon if things don't work?
Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411