• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

FiOS Movie Night: Recent Movies at a Great Price

by on ‎02-25-2011 11:50 AM

popcorn.jpg

Let’s face it – a night at the movies can be expensive.  The average price for a movie ticket in the U.S. is $7.89.  Where I live, that’s the price of a child’s ticket – adults are $10 each.  My family often turns to Video on Demand for a more cost-effective movie night, in the comfort of our own home.  And now FiOS is making it even less expensive with FiOS Movie Night.

Every Friday, beginning today, Verizon will make three movies available on demand at the discounted price of $2.99 each, many of which will be offered in HD.  Today’s movies are “Secretariat,” the true story of Penny Chenery Tweedy and her stallion who set the record for winning the Triple Crown; “Red,” about a former CIA agent played by Bruce Willis; and “Takers,” about a group of bank robbers that includes two of my personal favorites – Matt Damon and Paul Walker.  All three of these movies are offered in both SD and HD for just $2.99 each.

Each Friday, the set of movies will change.  Next week’s FiOS Movie Night will feature “The Social Network,” “Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2” and “Piranha.”  You may have noticed that these are all relatively new movies.  You’re right – all of the movies offered on FiOS Movie Night are recent releases.

Now if you’re looking for something different, there are always more than 19,000 titles to choose from on FiOS TV VOD.  And don’t forget – more than 2,000 titles are also available with Flex View, which lets you buy or rent movies and take them on the go.

Make sure you’re following us on Twitter and Facebook, where you can find updates on the weekly movies that are part of FiOS Movie Night.  Or just check your VOD listings on the FiOS TV interactive media guide.  You’ll find FiOS Movie Night under the Featured folder.  Pop some popcorn, sit back and enjoy.

Comments
by Mar-65 ‎02-25-2011 02:19 PM - edited ‎02-25-2011 02:23 PM

Your post states this starts today..

Ok... The VOD menus are needlessly complicated...

If I find these movies through regular menus I don't see any discounts.

I have to go to FEATURED > FIOS MOVIE NIGHT to see discounts but It still does not match your statements.

Red in both SD and HD is 3.99... Secretariat in both SD and HD is 3.99

Takers in SD is 2.99 HD is 3.99

by on ‎02-25-2011 02:43 PM

Mar-65,

Thanks for letting us know that you aren't seeing the right prices for FiOS Movie Night.  Please let me know where you're located -- city and state -- so we can troubleshoot it.

Heather

by Mar-65 on ‎02-25-2011 02:50 PM

Hamburg , NY

by on ‎02-25-2011 04:28 PM

Mar-65,

Ok, you should be seeing the right prices now for the FiOS Movie Night selections -- $2.99 each. Are you going to watch a movie tonight?

Heather

by Mar-65 on ‎02-25-2011 05:02 PM

Almost done watching Takers now

by silver_2000 on ‎02-26-2011 10:11 PM

Red is listed as $5.99 in HD

its listed as $0 and $2.99 in SD

on the SD choice - the info says Reelz channel sits down with the cast of red - I get to se an interview for $2.99 ?

$5.99 seems like a bait and switch - advertise for $2.99 and sell for $5.99 and hope no one notices

Im in The Dallas area if that matters - SInce multiple people have reported pricing problems with this promotion wouldnt it be prudent ( and good customer service ) to check the pricing settings in ALL areas ?

by silver_2000 on ‎02-26-2011 10:21 PM

FYI the FIOS movie night list inside Featured shows everything as coming soon except Unstoppable

I dont see Red or The other movies listed in the FIOS Movie nIght list

If you try to select Unstoppable it says its free BUT inorder to Order the title you need to go to The new release folder

Wow - pretty complicated.  

When you do go to the new releases folder the only movie listed in the Fios Movie night category is $4.99 for SD no listing for HD

The QC people at Verizon need to get on the ball ...

Unless there was no intention to actually rent the movies for the prices advertised

If that was the goal you have suceeded

by on ‎02-28-2011 01:11 PM

silver_2000,

FiOS Movie Night is only on Fridays.  So you'll need to check the folder each Friday for movies available on that particular day at the $2.99 price.  Other days of the week, you'll see some on-demand movies in the folder, but not at the promotional price.

Heather

by jimryan on ‎04-22-2011 08:26 PM

Heather curious if you looked at the Friday night folder prior to responding.  I've had the same concerns as silver_2000 and checking the folder ISN'T enough.  As far as I can tell the folder has a mixture of Friday night $2.99 movies, upcoming $2.99 movies and free trailers which have a title like "Now Showing On Demand:" <movie name>.  The trailers aren't labled trailer and look like $2.99 Friday night movies.  Selecting one tells you to go to the new release folder.  I agree with silver_2000 "pretty complicated" and very confusing; something I won't allow my kids to use.  

When is Verizon going to make it clear as you stated?

Jim

by Employee on ‎04-25-2011 06:15 PM

jimryan,

Thanks for your feedback about the Friday night folder.  We'll make sure that the FiOS team sees it.

by Mar-65 on ‎04-29-2011 04:07 PM

I like this feature but my VHO (15) has frequent issues. Many weeks there are mismatches in pricing.

This week  you are advertising 3 movies by I only get 2. Yogi Bear is missing. Trying to use Chat support seems pointless. The agent says "if there is an issue the VOD group is aware and it will be fixed eventually" and did not want to report it to the VOD group as i requested. I don't care for assumptions like this within tech support.

by Mar-65 on ‎04-29-2011 04:09 PM

Actually... if i search for Yogi Bear i can find it and get the right price for it..

It does not show up in the FEATURED> FIOS MOVIE NIGHT> listings tho

by dankel on ‎06-28-2011 10:38 PM

Our family lives in Riverview FL and recently started enjoying the FIOS Family movie nights.  We rented "I Am Number Four" last Friday night.   Looking at the article above it stated the SD and HD prices were going to be the same.  Was that just for the opening weekend?  We selected the movie from the family movie night menu. The movie we watched showed a price of $2.99 for SD and $5.99 for HD.

by Employee on ‎07-07-2011 03:28 PM

dankel,

Sorry for not responding sooner.  The movies offered during FiOS Movie Night are $2.99, whether you choose HD or SD.  We hope you give it another try.

by StealthM93 on ‎07-08-2011 04:34 PM

I've looked every where on this website... (well, apparently not)... Is there a listing of the FIOS Move Nights somewhere? Anywhere? Please.... Thanks!

by Employee on ‎07-08-2011 04:53 PM

StealthM93,

Sorry for the confusion.  The best way to see the titles of the 3 movies available on FiOS Movie Night is to tune to your FiOS TV Menu and select "Video on Demand" and then "Featured."  Scroll down to FiOS Movie Night, and you're there.

by StealthM93 on ‎07-08-2011 05:09 PM

Thanks Sharon... I guess two things.... 1. I'm not insane. 2. Put it in the queue for website improvements. :smileyhappy:

Thanks again!

by naninfla on ‎10-14-2011 04:51 PM

I am also in Riverview FL  and wanted to order Friday night $2.99 movies in HD.    Fios IS supposed to be a HD quality service.    The software for the online ordering has not yet been updated to reflect the correct price.  Can this be corrected?

by wildthang on ‎11-25-2011 09:15 PM

I thought there was more than one Fios Movie night Movie? When I look, there is only one tonight that is $2.99 (Captain America), one other that is $4.99 SD, $5.99 HD (Monte Carlo)

Then a group of Coming Soon, Then another group that appears to be movies, but are just previews. 

Do the number of movies change every week?  Is there a minimum? 

by HallMarc ‎07-21-2012 07:22 AM - edited ‎07-21-2012 07:24 AM

I have witnessed every single problem mentioned in this thread and am currently seeing (for the 7-20-12 movie night) "A Thousand Words" listed twice; one is FlexView and can only be purchased in SD for $11.97 and the second listing is not FlexView and rentable SD - $2.97, HD - $3.98 and not available for purchase. The next 2 movies are "Journey 2: Mysterious Island" FlexView, SD - $2.97 HD - $3.98 and is purchasable and then "Project X" with the same options as Journey 2. If I look on-line I see these movies plus two others! These are listed as "John Carter" SD - $2.97 and HD - $2.98 and the other is "One for the Money" at SD- $4.99 and HD - $5.99. 

Now, this has been going on like this for a couple of weeks; the rental prices being wrong at $3.98 and $2.97 or coming up a bit off at $2.98/$2.97 for HD and SD respectively. I have called Verizon customer service and tech support who mostly offer responses along the lines of I'm the **bleep** that doesn't look on the right day, look in the right folder or my favorite so far is "The movie selections, number of movies offered and prices are different every weekend and for different service areas." Seriously??! Your television ad says differently. 

So, I happened to find this thread where not only am I seeing a few responses that make me wonder why I never had someone say, "tell me where you have service and we will trouble shoot it." and then apparently actually fix it!!! Where were you the 3 times I have called and complained? As big as this issue seems to be you would think that every CSR would have the solution engraved on their monitor!!!! 

Whatever, please see if you can fix this for Havertown, PA 19083 thank you as the services have always been great. Customer service needs work.

by HallMarc ‎07-26-2012 08:32 AM - edited ‎07-26-2012 08:39 AM

Wow. Typical. Update to the same old same old (almost 2 years solid now!!!) I am seeing two (2) movies listed for FMN; Chronicle HD Rental $2.98 and SD Rental for $4.99. MAkes sense since I would always prefer the lower quality version!? The other is One for the Money with the same rental prices showing as for Chronicle. 

Probably posting this to dead air.... really getting tired of the poor level of CS from Verizon.

Speaking of which, we had a major outage here a few weeks ago even the phones were out which meant that if I needed to call 911 I couldn't. Thank God I didn't need that. Then we had 2 more issues after the services were back up (they were out for about 18 hours). When I called to report these issues I was offered $3, yep you read that correctly, 3 stinking dollars to compensate for the trouble. Talk about literally adding insult to injury. I pay over $200/month have been loyal customers for years and that was the best you do? 

Comcast/Xfinity is starting to look better and my 2 year contract is almost up...

by ungeneric ‎03-22-2013 09:24 PM - edited ‎03-22-2013 09:27 PM

I see no Friday NIght Deal,

VOD>Fios Movie Deals> Fios Movie Night

Nothing, just a 60 second video on how great the deals are,

NO deals,

Reside in FOuntain Valley, CA 92708

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411