Customers With Disabilities

FiOS TV Adds International Channels

by Employee on ‎12-01-2009 09:12 AM

greece bigger flag.JPGFiOS TV offers more than 500 channels, including at least 126 HD channels in every market.  But, just as important for a lot of folks, is our line-up of international channels, and we're adding even more.

FiOS TV offers programming in Chinese, Filipino, German, Hindi, Korean, Punjabi, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese, plus other languages.  And this week we're adding three new international channels to the lineup featuring Korean, Mandarin and Greek programming.  This makes a total of 35 international channels covering 20 languages - something cable can't match. 

The newest channels are:

• YTN (channel 1761), Korea's all-news channel, joins a new Korean package that also includes MBC (channel 1760).

• Phoenix North America (channel 1797), a Mandarin channel offering news and entertainment, including programs like "Phoenix North America News" and "Experience America."  The channel joins CCTV4 (channel 1795) and CTI (channel 1796) in a new Chinese Mandarin package.

• Antenna (channel 1789), FiOS TV's first Greek channel, featuring comedies, dramas, news, current affairs programs, game shows, entertainment programming and more.

These channels and packages are priced from $14.99 to $24.99 a month. 

I know many of you have been looking for these new channels, and now is an especially good time to order.  We're offering new customers who subscribe to certain bundles the option to add one international TV package for free for three months.  Depending on what you order, that could mean saving anywhere from $29.97 to $104.97 - some extra spending money for the holidays. 

For more information on these new channels, call 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966).  They'll be available in all FiOS TV areas by the end of this week.

Comments
by on ‎12-01-2009 11:12 AM

A family member wants to switch from DirecTV to FiOS but they have a channel called TYC.  They won't switch without it.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/search/siteSearchResults.jsp?searchTerm=tyc

http://tycsports.com/global/index.php

Does Verizon have any plans to get TYC?  If so I will let them know.

Thanks!

by Employee on ‎12-02-2009 05:28 PM

nascar,

We'd love to have your family member switch to FiOS, but I don't have any information about TYC right now.  You can be sure that we'll add more international programming in 2010, and announce it as it becomes available.

Eric

by Pharos on ‎12-02-2009 11:54 PM

Hello Eric_Rabe, 

Do you have any info on Brazil's TV Globo Internacional? I miss this channel so much it almost makes me want to go back to Comcast :'(

by Khiotis on ‎12-04-2009 03:04 PM

Hello,

First I would like to thank you for listening to your customers and you added Greek programming. Second, giving us Antenna is a fine choice but not as good as the Mega Channel. Mega has the best series, news, sports and all other programs in Greece by far. For years it has led the ratings by a wide margin and for a good reason, it gives viewers what they want to see. If you offer Mega I know many Greeks in the New York area who would love to subscribe to Fios just for that.

Again, thanks for listening.

by Employee on ‎12-04-2009 04:44 PM

Pharos,

We plan to add Globo Internacional early next year.

Eric

by kataifi on ‎12-04-2009 08:40 PM

Khiotis,

We like Ant1 and Mega. We will get ANT1 from Verizon and subscribe to Mega here until Verizion adds it.

http://settopsurfer.com/iptv/greek-tv-set-top-box/

Mega only is $15 a month with set top surfer

by G-Nitro on ‎12-06-2009 09:38 AM

Thanks for the update, but what happened to the korean channel SBS being added? It stated so on one of the channels set to disappear that SBS would be added in its place on 11/9, but I now see nothing on this channel coming to FIOS now or in the future.

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thank you. :smileyhappy:

by Employee on ‎12-07-2009 05:23 PM

G-Nitro

You can look for the Korean channel SBS early in 2010.

Eric

by G-Nitro on ‎12-07-2009 06:01 PM

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I look forward to being able to watch some of my favorite shows

by koreangirl on ‎12-08-2009 04:49 PM

Can you tell me what korean channels you are adding in early 2010, and when you say early 2010 do you mean like january or febuary cuz im kinda hoping that they would add the channel's in january . please and thank you because the channels right now are very boring excluding mbc (ytn is so boring)

by jackheat on ‎12-10-2009 11:43 AM

Early 2010 is a bit nebulous but better than nothing, I guess.  Will existing package subscribers get any kind of discount for not having the channels yet?  I get the Korean package and pay $24.99 for two channels as opposed to 4 channels before.  Now its great that the package is being updated with better channels but is there any plan to offset some of the cost of not having the channels available.  I understand paying for the channels I have but $24.99 seems a bit steep for 2 channels.  I guess a "stick around for better programming" discount.

by koreangirl on ‎12-12-2009 11:08 PM

is it true you are putting more better korean channels?

when????

by Employee on ‎12-15-2009 04:37 PM

koreangirl,

We are adding the Korean channel SBS in early 2010, and we will have more information about it as we get closer to the launch date. 

Eric

by koreangirl on ‎12-15-2009 06:48 PM

thank you

by dhvienna on ‎12-16-2009 01:57 PM

Eric - Thanks for the information; can you be more specific as to when in 2010 Globo will be added to the FIOS programming line-up?    

by koreangirl on ‎12-20-2009 11:20 PM

Besides, the korean channel SBS what other korean channle will you be adding ???

by koreangirl on ‎12-26-2009 07:49 PM

i think taht is very rude not answering my question and please do answers but i thought i should let you know that if you search korean channels in the search box in this site forum you will see alot of compaints from customer''s saying that verizon fios has not kept thier poromise by not adding the korean channel sbs like they said they would in november and it's now december and 2 customer's have even threatened to change to another provider becuase this situation , and i think i will do the same as many other customer's will do please add good korean channels taht are popular not that crapy korean channel's that you have excluding MBC. please and thank you

by Employee on ‎12-28-2009 02:55 PM

koreangirl,

We're always interested in your questions, but we often don't share specific information about new channels and services until we're ready to launch them.  As mentioned in this thread, we plan to add the Korean channel SBS in early 2010, but we don't have additional details about SBS and any other channels yet.  We will post updated information about international channels at the Verizon at Home blog in 2010, so we hope you continue to check back here.

by koreangirl on ‎01-02-2010 11:03 AM

do you know that it is now early 2010 and we've still havent learned more about the channel SBS

by GoMountaineers on ‎01-02-2010 07:14 PM

@koreangirl >> I really don't think when Eric said "early 2010", he meant the first two days of 2010, which is a Holiday weekend.  That could mean the first quarter of 2010 or even the first HALF of 2010.  I certainly would have never thought it to mean the first day of the year -- OR the resulting Holiday weekend.

by koreangirl on ‎01-17-2010 09:47 PM

are there any new updates about the new channels you will be adding soon?????

by Employee on ‎01-18-2010 05:21 PM

koreangirl,

No updates as yet.  We'll post information on new channels at the Verizon at Home blog, so continue to check back here.

by koreangirl on ‎01-21-2010 10:50 PM

im so disappointed with the channels that the korean package is very boring except (mbc) and also there are only 2 channels

by Jinyoung on ‎01-25-2010 06:27 PM

I would like to reiterate the following comments which others have made above:

- Don't tease us about SBS and back out without a word. And if things fell through, do a better job of telling us customers what's going on with some concrete details on what you plan to do about it.

- 2 channels for $25/month? That's expensive. Honestly, even if you add SBS, it's still expensive. Add KBS, then I think $25 is on par with other offerings from other companies. For MBC, SBS, and YTN I think $20 is more like it.

Given the goof up in promising SBS in Nov 09 then failing, send us a little love to those of us who are sticking it through. A little TLC with customers goes a long way. What should Verizon do? Hurry up and add SBS, be transparent about what's going on, set a firm timeline, send us current subscribers a small rebate. Making us happy ain't rocket science.

by Employee on ‎01-28-2010 03:26 PM

Jinyoung,

We appreciate your comments and understand your frustration about SBS.  It's taking longer than anticipated when we said it was coming in November, but we're working on bringing this channel to FiOS TV.  Thanks for sticking with us.

by koreangirl on ‎02-06-2010 06:43 PM

please do something about the korean channels im begging you because i am getting bored of watching just 2 channels on which is ytn that is a 24 news channel which is very boring

by Pharos on ‎02-08-2010 09:08 AM

Well, I know that a bunch of channels are being added this Thursday (Feb. 11) including my beloved TV Globo Internacional! Chances are SBS will be added as well.

I'm a happy camper! Thanks, Verizon :-)

by Pharos on ‎02-08-2010 09:09 AM

Oh, and thank you Eric_Rabe for answering my previous comment on this page from a while ago :-)

by koreangirl on ‎02-09-2010 08:46 PM

i  really hope SBS is added on Feb.11.2010

by koreangirl on ‎02-10-2010 11:15 PM

im so **bleep** of right now that verizon adds TV Globo Internacional but not SBS

by koreangirl on ‎02-12-2010 06:15 PM

Please Verizon take me out of my misery I hope you guys understand that you are getting a bunch of people angry over lying to us and by the way optimum has the Korean package for 14.95 with 3 channels and IM seriously begging you to add better Korean channels 

by hstilling on ‎02-18-2010 06:44 PM

Part of the reasons I switched from Optimum to Fios was at the time they offered 4 Korean channels.  Only to find out after it was installed there are now only two of which one is a 24 hour news station.  Not much of a value for 25.00.  When will the Korean lineup be updated with more stations with variety?

by thomaswoo on ‎02-19-2010 11:39 AM

to koreangirl,

it definitely looks like you want SBS, but so far verizon hasn't broken any promises. they said early 2010, it is STILL early 2010, so i think you need more patience. Especially since you started complaining in the first 2 days of january. i'm looking forward to SBS too, but like i said, verizon has YET to break their promise, so they dont OWE anyone anything yet.

when June comes around and still no word, then you can start complaining.

so like they use to say awhile back... CHILLAX

by koreangirl on ‎03-15-2010 08:16 PM

I'll chillax a little but it's just that the korean channel  package  is really expensive for only 2 channel's and on of the channels is a 24 hour news channel .......

by visionof75 on ‎04-14-2010 08:40 PM

I feel koreangirl's pain because I too received the postcard from Verizon back in October, 09, saying there will be a change in Korean programming that will be effective Nov, 09.  Well, it's now April, 2010 and we've still yet to see the change.  Verizon has taken 2 channels out and haven't added the one they said they would.  It's pretty frustrating and a blatant rip-off to pay $25 per month for 2 channels when one of them is a news channel recycling the same news all day.  When are we going to get SBS and why haven't the customers been reached about the delay? 

by dwayne on ‎04-15-2010 01:26 PM

I'm very disappointed as well, I understand that it takes more time that expected to get new channels added, and it is still technically early 2010, BUT there is something just plain wrong with charging $25 for TWO channels, even for THREE channels, it's a bit excessive.

by PZL on ‎04-15-2010 08:08 PM

If you think $25 for TWO channels is bad... try about $18 for ONE channel... TV Polonia, the one and only Polish channel on FIOS.  With prices like that, I subscribed to TV Polonia on-line and can watch what I want, when I want to, from where I want for only about $7.00 a month !

by sunny123 on ‎04-15-2010 11:28 PM

I'm also extremely disappointed that Verizon failed to deliver on their promise of the additional Korean channels. I've been waiting patiently since Nov 09 and am through with this waiting game. C'mon, $25/month for 1 channel?!?!

When my contract is up this July I'm dropping my FIOS TV and phone service and will go with Directv -- where they actually have SBS AND MBC for essentially the same price as VZ -- and Italkbb for phone. I love my FIOS Internet and will hang on to that, so it's not a total loss for VZ :smileyhappy: 

Verzion -- whether you're aware or not, you guys really screwed up by leaving us customers in the dark on this one.

by Employee on ‎04-16-2010 11:34 AM

For everyone who's asked about SBS,

We're very close to launching SBS, and apologize that it's taken so long.  Continue to check back here for updates.

by on ‎04-18-2010 02:07 PM

SurPeru? Any chance of seeing that? I know DTV no longer has exclusive rights.

by Employee on ‎04-19-2010 05:56 PM

prisaz,

We're looking at a number of Spanish-language channels, including SurPeru, for FiOS TV.  We're not making any announcements here -- just telling you that it is among those being considered.

by on ‎04-22-2010 08:11 AM
by Employee on 04-19-2010 05:56 PM

prisaz,

We're looking at a number of Spanish-language channels, including SurPeru, for FiOS TV.  We're not making any announcements here -- just telling you that it is among those being considered.

Eric

Thank you for the response. I believe the Spanish channels are is $11.95. I know many would not mind paying the $15.99 that DTV charges if Verizon would offer the same or more. I had my DTV active for DTV Basico for $19.99 until they cut it off and wanted me to pay for a 180 channel bundle at $49.95. Well if the Spanish line up expands, I will surely add it to my FIOS package.

Oh. By the was I am going to suggest the ability to quote a response in the blpog, and not just the origional post.

Have a nice day.

by koreangirl on ‎04-29-2010 08:00 PM

i am so happy sbs is finally here it's about time ......... finally

by on ‎09-06-2010 03:49 PM

Eric

Any updates on SurPeru?

by Employee on ‎09-08-2010 03:09 PM

Hi, prisaz,

Eric retired at the end of last year -- but I can answer your question about SurPeru. It's still on the list of channels being considered for FiOS TV.  Thanks for checking.

Heather

by on ‎09-09-2010 05:06 AM

Now I remember he retired. Glad to see you on the top of your game.

by brax0789 on ‎03-24-2011 04:03 AM
I would like to know if FIOS will get the 2nd most popular Brazilian channel Record.. It will be very satisfying to the Brazilian community. Are there any plans on obtaining this channel?
by Employee on ‎03-24-2011 10:23 AM

brax0789,

Sorry, we don't have any information about adding this channel, but you can submit this and other suggestions at the Verizon Idea Exchange. 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bill Kula

Director -- Media Relations

Photo of Bill Kula

Bill oversees the Verizon telecom customer experience, consumer bundles, DSL, e-commerce and small business. He helps customers learn about efficient ways to manage their Verizon services.

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools