Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

FiOS TV Is the First to Make Pandora® Widely Available to Subscribers

by Employee ‎07-20-2011 09:01 AM - edited ‎07-20-2011 09:27 AM

rachelle_zoffer.JPG

Today’s guest blogger, Rachelle Zoffer, is director of content strategy & acquisition for Verizon FiOS TV.  She negotiates interactive TV deals with traditional content partners as well as with top Internet brands that enhance the programming and personalize the FiOS TV experience. 

By Rachelle Zoffer

What music do you enjoy listening to?  These days, it’s all about Indie (Independent Music) for me.  Many of the artists are not well known, but they all have a great, fresh sound. Indie is pure innovation and that’s what I love. 

I discover a lot of new music through PANDORA® Internet radio.  The free service lets you build your own personalized radio stations with the artists and songs and music you love, and then discover other, similar music.  You can also check out other Pandora users’ stations and start exploring other genres, from pop to country to rap and classical, and everything in between.

Whether I’m at home, work or at play, I stream Pandora to my phone, tablet or PC. 

Today I’m excited to tell you that Pandora is now on FiOS TV

FiOS TV subscribers inCalifornia,TexasandVirginiawho have a Motorola HD or DVR set-top box on each TV can now stream their favorite Pandora stations to their home entertainment sound systems and TV sets throughout their homes – with no additional equipment needed. The service will be available in other FiOS TV markets in the coming months.

Pandora and FiOS TV are a great match because both are about active interaction and personalization of media that used to just be passive, “one size fits all” listening and watching experiences.  The ultimate network combined with the leading Internet radio service is a match made in personalized music heaven.

To experience Pandora on FiOS TV, just click the Widgets button on your FiOS remote control, choose the Widget Storefront and click on the Pandora icon.

Music lovers can log in to their Pandora account or create a new account using the onscreen keyboard or the FiOS Mobile Remote app available on smart phones and tablets, including the iPad.  Listen to stations you’ve already created or create new stations by choosing an artist, song or genre. Pandora’s popular personalized radio features, such as bookmarking songs for purchase and rating songs with a simple thumbs-up and thumbs-down, are all part of the FiOS TV Pandora app.

Pandora joins FiOS TV’s collection of more than 40 interactive TV apps, including Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, HSN Shop by Remote®, AP News, TMZ and others.  You can interact with all the applications while enjoying your favorite shows.

Tens of millions of people in the U.S. turn on Pandora to hear music they love. It will change your world, or at least how you listen to music. 

Comments
by earthpilot on ‎07-20-2011 09:51 AM

"The service will be available in other FiOS TV markets in the coming months."

Like most things that Verizon has been releasing it will probably take 2 years for everyone to get the service. Why not roll it out to everyone at once?

by on ‎07-23-2011 12:06 PM

Everyone on Tivo received it at one time, and I believe they had it before Verizon.

by heywardjr on ‎09-09-2011 08:59 PM

"FiOS TV subscribers inCalifornia,TexasandVirginiawho have a Motorola HD or DVR set-top box on each TV can now stream their favorite Pandora stations to their home entertainment sound systems and TV sets throughout their homes – with no additional equipment needed. "

Be aware that even though they say Virginia this does not mean Northern Virginia. Only Southern Virginia has this to date. The news release is quite mis-leading. Verizon advised me that they need to upgrade the servers in NOVA in order to offer this service. So, why would they put out a news release like this with wrong information? 

by on ‎09-10-2011 09:50 PM

Still waiting for Pandora widget in Ma. VHO 06. received 2 other new widgets since this announcement. Neither of them is useful ( Advertiwidgies ).

by bgontarski on ‎09-24-2011 03:24 PM

Its been some time since pandora started its rollout.  any idea when it will be available in NJ.  I just replaced a tivo with the Verizon DVR and mistakenly thought it would be available now.  is it part of the 1.9 upgrade that has not arrived in NJ yet?  Please advise. 

by chino5805 on ‎03-16-2012 02:04 PM

When will Pandora be available in Massachusetts???

I'm really tried of asking the same question over and over.

Never seem to get a straight answer

by on ‎03-17-2012 09:53 PM - last edited on ‎03-17-2012 11:07 PM by Moderator

WAS BUT NOT HERE! BROKE?

by pgh1 on ‎07-12-2012 12:38 PM

Is Fios still planning on rolling out the Pandora Widget?  If so, when will it be available in Maryland?

It would be a great addition after music stations were cut.  One widget, and user gets to pick the music they like.  

by epstewart ‎10-06-2012 07:17 PM - edited ‎10-06-2012 07:17 PM

Will Pandora be available on Cisco DVRs? I was given Cisco gear, not Motorola.

by on ‎12-02-2012 01:48 PM

Still Waiting for it in N Delaware  VHO 8 also - hate the MC(music choice widget)  wondering if they ever are going to roll it out to all VHO's  :womanfrustrated:

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411