Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

FiOS TV Subscribers to Get Online Content from TBS, TNT

by on ‎05-12-2010 12:35 PM

1089i9455E8F98D3D3F4BReaders of the Verizon at Home blog know that Verizon is a leader in giving our FiOS subscribers the ability to access content wherever and whenever they want it.  That includes bringing more and more video programming online, with services like StarzPlay, Disney Connection and ESPN3.

Each year we’ve enhanced our online offers, most recently with EPIX last fall and HBO GO earlier this year, and today at The Cable Show we joined Time Warner Inc. to announce the latest additions: TNT and TBS.

Next month, customers who subscribe to both FiOS TV and FiOS Internet will get free, unlimited online access to popular content from TNT and TBS, courtesy of Time Warner Inc.  Programs like “The Closer,” “Southland” and “Lopez Tonight” will be available online within 24 hours after airing on live television.

And that’s not all.  Verizon is working with many other content providers to launch a significant amount of additional online video programming.  That includes FOX News, CBS, MTV, Hallmark, Smithsonian Channel, the Tennis Channel and more.

This means access to lots of online video programming, any time anywhere, as long as you have your Verizon Online user name and password and a broadband connection.  Where do you go?  Once the content launches in June, just go to FiOS TV Online or the provider websites.

Looking for a laugh?  Log on and watch the latest episode of “Lopez Tonight.”  Want to see the latest high-crime dramas?  You can check out Kyra Sedgwick in “The Closer” or Regina King and Ben McKenzie in “Southland.”  Be sure to let us know what you think.

Comments
by kheaps on ‎05-12-2010 04:44 PM

Will Conan be available when his new show starts? Any chance this will be available for DSL customers in addition to FiOS customers, like ESPN3 is?

by on ‎05-12-2010 07:25 PM

Is this leading to IP TV for the lack of QAM space?

by on ‎05-13-2010 05:01 PM

kheaps,

Sorry, Conan is not on the list right now for this online service, but we will be adding more and more programs in the future.  To answer the second part of your question, TBS will be available through FiOS TV Online, which is only available to FiOS customers.

Heather

by on ‎05-13-2010 05:03 PM

prisaz,

No.  FiOS TV online is an added benefit for our FiOS customers -- we're making programming available online that's already available on TV and VOD.  We're giving customers the opportunity to watch programs on multiple screens: TV, VOD, online and eventually on mobile devices.

Heather

by on ‎05-13-2010 06:32 PM

Thanks for the response Heather.

I just had to ask, since the QAM topic comes up all the time when discussing HD. Regardless FiOS rules in my book. I think the feature would be nice if I could stream the whole lineup. I know that would take one big front end. I know it is done with many programs with VOD. It would be nice to watch anywhere I have enough bandwidth.

Mark

by on ‎05-31-2013 09:40 PM

Where is the big Disney Live Announcement?

Disney, Disney XD and Disney Jr.

http://video.disney.com/watchtv

Why don't you announce this NEW offereing instead of teasing us with TBS/TNT being available next month?

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements