Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

FiOS TV Ultimate Package Gets NFL RedZone; Verizon Offers Cool Football Apps for Fans

by ‎08-03-2010 09:41 AM - edited ‎08-03-2010 09:43 AM

1336iE8D680FE8C9E8854I can tell when football season is just a few weeks away when I hear my husband and his friends start draft talking.  Fantasy Football fans, you know exactly what I’m talking about.  Verizon customers love our football offering because we have features and apps for everyone.  Whether you’re a broadband customer, FiOS TV or Verizon Wireless subscriber, there is something for you.

Last season, we were one of the first TV providers to offer the NFL RedZone channel, a game changer for our customers.  This year, customers who subscribe to the FiOS TV Ultimate package will receive the NFL RedZone channel at no additional cost.  Ultimate package isn’t for you?  Starting today you can order the NFL RedZone channel for $49.99 for the entire season.  Fans get touchdowns and other important plays from the games taking place every Sunday afternoon.  When a team goes inside its opponent’s 20-yard line, fans will see the plays as they happen.  The channel will switch from game to game with live look-ins and highlights in both HD (channel 835) and SD (channel 335).

And that’s not all.  Get easy access to NFL stats and the RedZone channel with our ProFootball Widget, which includes rosters, player details and headline news from around the NFL – at no additional cost. Subscribers to the NFL RedZone channel can use the widget to set on-screen alerts for whenever a team is inside the 20-yard line, then press OK and switch to the RedZone channel game action.  You won’t miss a beat with your favorite team.

We also offer an abundance of channel options and packages with the NFL Network and ESPN channels, both available in HD, as part of a total of up to 142 HD channels. 

Looking to follow your Fantasy Football team? Customers registered with ESPN Fantasy Football online can use our Fantasy Football Widget on FiOS TV to get personalized Fantasy points and stats that include box scores, scoring leaders, rosters and player information.

Need more?  We also offer ESPN3, a free online service for Verizon broadband customers that includes live college football games featuring the nation's top teams, as well as replays of those games from previous weeks.  Verizon Wireless customers can try NFL Mobile to get the latest news, headlines, stats and scores from the start of training camp to Super Bowl XLV in February 2011, including live audio broadcasts of every regular season game during the 2010 season.  NFL Mobile users who want premium NFL video content on their wireless phones can simply add a V CAST Video subscription to get video on demand plus live streams of NFL RedZone, NFL Network, NBC’s Sunday Night Football and NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football.

So whether you’re looking for the NFL RedZone channel, updates on your Fantasy team or you just want to have the scores on your mobile phone, Verizon offers the complete football package, a touchdown you can’t get with cable companies.

Comments
by on ‎08-03-2010 11:41 AM

Even as we get ready for football season, lots of your customers in the Mid-Atlantic states are still waiting to see MASN2 HD show up. Completely unacceptable that we're still waiting for a baseball channel to show up in August when everyone else launched it in April. It's been almost three weeks since the partial launch on FiOS1 for those to my north. You told us to keep checking here for updates, but so far there's been nothing.

by on ‎08-03-2010 04:15 PM

The same goes for NY Channels such as MSG HD, MSG + HD and FIOS 1 > lll be making an Appointment Time Warner Cable Install on Sept. 7 if things are the same the way they are now. I am waiting now like 8 months , like what gives ?

by Ian81 on ‎08-05-2010 03:20 PM

Heather,

this is some good news, what would be better is FSC HD being available, the Premiship starts 8/14 and I think a lot of soccer will consider moving to competitors to get the channel (and FSC+ HD), I for one am seriously considering going with COX  since they have it available or DirectTV. Would really love a concrete update on ths channel.

by on ‎08-06-2010 05:33 PM

billymets,

There was a blog a while back explaining what was going on with MSG- Click here to get to it.

by mermaid069 on ‎08-18-2010 12:01 PM

The Red Zone is great, but I live in Virginia and am a Green Bay Packer Fan.  We need a channel that will allow us to watch ALL the football games on Sunday instead of only the local ones (REDSKINS, UGH).   Is there a plan that will allow us to see ALL the games being played like Sattelite TV has? 

by magnusfl on ‎10-09-2011 07:23 PM

my only problem with ultamte in the past was way to many sports chanels  I never watch and no way to del them from surfing I ordered it again as i been told you can once again del unwanted channels such as sports. religious and spanish chanels  

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411