Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

FiOS TV Widgets Get a Face Lift

by ‎04-22-2010 02:33 PM - edited ‎04-22-2010 03:38 PM

When we launched the Widget Bazaar last July, we knew it would be popular, but 10 months later and 14 new widgets added since then, our customers love them and keep asking for more.

Starting today, FiOS TV widgets have a new look and feel, and the Widget Bazaar is even easier to navigate.  If you’re tired of scrolling the listing of widgets, look no further.  Now, customers will see a list of categories on the left hand side of the widget home screen – News, Entertainment, Shopping and Social Networks, to name a few, for a total of nine categories.  FiOS TV customers in the New York metro area will see the new look today, and it will launch in other regions over the next several days. 

Have your favorite widgets?  Add them to your Favorites category so you don’t have to find them every time. Also, check out the Featured category and see what Verizon is suggesting.

So if you’re a sports fan, click on the new Sports category and choose from the NBA, Baseball and Pro Football widgets.  If you’re more into social networking, click on the category and launch our Facebook or Twitter widget;  it’s always fun to see what other folks are saying about the show you’re watching.

We hope you like the new look of our FiOS TV widgets and enjoy the new categories we’ve designed for you.  Be sure to let us know what you like or if you have any other suggestions, drop a comment here at the blog.

1046iD38E4A8E2E8627EA

Comments
by nXt on ‎04-22-2010 04:00 PM

Still getting the old GUI on my 7216.

by on ‎04-22-2010 04:01 PM

Sure would be nice if you guys fixed the Facebook widget to actually remember you if you haven't logged in after a few days.  I always check "remember" me, but by the time I try to log back in, its already forgotten me and I have to go through the entire process of entering my login info, making it more hassle than its worth.  Please fix this already!

by on ‎04-22-2010 04:49 PM

I just checked out the new look. It does not have a Favorites category where I can add the ones I want as you stated. Is that a feature still to come?

by on ‎04-22-2010 04:56 PM

I just figured out how to get to the Favorites Widgets. You first have to launch one and then it asks you if you want to make it a Favorite.

by on ‎04-22-2010 07:15 PM

How about a keyboard and mouse driver for the USB port.

by bgeoghan on ‎04-22-2010 08:10 PM

Still getting old widget GUI on my 7216 as well - VHO8

by iamdunn on ‎04-22-2010 10:12 PM

I haven't found the Facebook widget worth the trouble to use.  As someone else says it  doesn't always remember your login info and it's a pain to enter it constantly.  Plus you can't see that much info anyway on it.  I'll pass until it offers more....

by realdeal on ‎04-23-2010 09:32 AM

Agree with the comments about Facebook - those fixes are badly needed! Think about all the publicity Fios is missing out on from people not commenting on their FB accounts "Realdeal is watching Lost on Verizon Fios"

by on ‎04-24-2010 09:38 AM

New Menu...  Much better because it is FAST!

by on ‎04-24-2010 08:45 PM

I agree with some. The Facebook widget should have more functions. Like all I wan't to do is tell people I am watching FIOS. I tried it and never went back. But I am not the type that would post now I am going for popcorn.

by mikejason on ‎04-26-2010 07:48 PM - last edited on ‎04-26-2010 08:00 PM by Moderator

The above thought is smart and doesn’t require any further addition.
It’s perfect thought from my side 

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements