• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Get in the Game with FiOS TV on Xbox

by ‎11-29-2011 09:39 AM - edited ‎12-16-2011 11:54 AM

Xbox.jpg

Update: Great news! The Verizon FiOS app for Xbox is now live. If you already have FiOS service and you have an Xbox at home, just download the app to start watching. If you haven’t signed up yet, make sure you do before Jan. 21.

As mentioned here previously, we have a special offer for new customers who sign up online that includes FiOS TV, FiOS 35/35 Mbps Internet service and Verizon voice service, starting at $89.99 a month. The offer also includes a 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership and the “Xbox Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” game.

------------------------------------

We went to the mall and Best Buy on Black Friday, and spent yesterday scouring the Internet for Cyber Monday. Today don’t miss another great shopping day as Verizon launches a brand new offer. Get ready, gamers, because soon you can start using your Xbox consoles to watch live FiOS TV.

We told you last month that this was coming soon, and now it’s ready for order. FiOS customers who subscribe to both FiOS TV and FiOS Internet and are Xbox LIVE Gold members can use their Xbox consoles to watch select live FiOS TV channels. No extra hardware. Plus, for the first time, Kinect for Xbox 360 will be integrated into the TV experience, allowing customers to use voice and gesture commands to control their TV viewing.

Sound interesting? If you already have FiOS service, all you’ll need to do is download the app once it launches to start watching. If you’re a new customer, you can sign up online here and take advantage of a special offer that includes triple-play service with FiOS TV, FiOS 35/35 Mbps Internet service and Verizon voice service, starting at $89.99 a month. The offer also includes a 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership and the “Xbox Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary” game. Order now – the special offer is only available through Jan. 21.

The FiOS TV app will become available for download next month.  We’ll be launching the service with 26 channels and we plan to add more.

That’s not all. As part of the offer, Verizon is partnering with leading gaming network Machinima to sponsor the Gamers’ Choice Award, which will be given out during Machinima’s Inside Gaming Awards on Dec. 9. You can vote for your favorite game of the year through Facebook here or on Twitter by using the #FiOSGamers hashtag, which also qualifies as entry into a sweepstakes that includes a grand prize of two years of Verizon FiOS triple-play service, a multi-room DVR, a Microsoft Kinect and 40,000 Microsoft points. The sweepstakes also includes daily prizes of 4,000 Microsoft gaming points that will be awarded to five winners daily from now through Dec. 8.

Once again, Verizon is breaking boundaries and taking TV viewing to the next level. We’re excited to hear about your experience with FiOS TV on the Xbox, so place your orders now, keep a look out for the app, and let us know what you think. 

Comments
by KenWVT on ‎11-29-2011 10:13 AM

I have an XBOX Live gold account and I subscribe to Fios TV, will there be any additional cost from Verizon to make this work ?

Thanks,

Ken

by on ‎11-29-2011 11:58 AM

Why must I call and and why can I not add this online? Why can't I, as a current customer, get new customer deals?  Disappointing.

by dannysal on ‎11-29-2011 12:48 PM

Thank you Heather.  This is awesome news!!  I 

Hey Nascar, agreed, it would be much easier if we could simply push a button on-line.  However, if you don't want to call anyone you can probably sign up via live chat.

by ‎11-29-2011 12:52 PM - edited ‎11-29-2011 12:52 PM

Am I to understand that we'll need to add a special "Xbox" package to our FiOS accounts in order to get this? I already have Xbox Live Gold, FiOS TV and FiOS Internet. Will I need anything else?

by dannysal ‎11-29-2011 01:05 PM - edited ‎11-29-2011 01:33 PM

Heather. Please help!  I just called Verizon and the person I spoke with had absolutely no idea about the new Xbox app!  When I told her I wanted to add Xbox to my current service she thought I was trying to connect my xbox to the internet and she was going to transfer me to technical support.  Yikes!  Have all Verizon employees been notified of this new service?

By the way, live chat didn't help me either.

by BAD207 on ‎11-29-2011 01:12 PM

Really dissapointed to see that this bundle isn't available to current customers. Where's the appreciation towards us? I have a package similar to this one and I would like to switch to this package but the system won't let me. I'm dissapointed.

by moeron88 on ‎11-29-2011 02:27 PM

It is pretty lame that these great new deals aren't available to existing customers.

by on ‎11-29-2011 04:30 PM

No need to call or sign up for anything new if you already have FiOS service. If you have an Xbox at home, keep a look out for the FiOS TV app, which should go live in December. All you'll need to do is download the app to start watching, as long as you already subscribe to FiOS TV and FiOS Internet and are an Xbox LIVE Gold member.

Sorry this particular offer is reserved for new customers, but you can still use your Xbox to watch FiOS TV without any additional cost or hardware.

by on ‎11-29-2011 04:33 PM

@dannysal All employees have been notified about this new offer, though it is reserved for new customers and you do need to sign up online. Check the URL above, but let me know if you run into any further problems.

by dannysal on ‎11-30-2011 08:02 AM

Thank you Heather.  That makes sense.  In the third paragraph above it states exisiting customers should "call now to add an Xbox to your current service."  That is why is was confusing.  

by DLJunkie ‎11-30-2011 11:20 AM - edited ‎11-30-2011 12:18 PM

This is like the bank that gives ice cream to only new customers or bikes that can only be used in a small circle! I am a loyal user & have recommended FIOS to everyone interested. Where are my gifts & bonuses? I'd like a N type router! - a free Multi-room DVR for life! & $89 35/35 triple play! The new Halo! Hello - Is Peggy here? Sorry - As a old customer I am a loser? - Can't have any good deals! This sound logical to anyone?

by pfeifler on ‎11-30-2011 11:46 AM

Heather - Does Verizon have any plans to do similiar things with the Playstation 3? 

Thanks

by littlewilson on ‎11-30-2011 11:29 PM
How frustrating! We've been wanting to switch from Cablevision to FIOS and the one thing holding us back is the lack of a FIOS iOS (iPad) app for live streaming of channels vs. watching them on the TV. Why is Verizon so behind all of the other players here who have long since launched these free apps? With this XBOX announcement, an iPad app seems even more distant. Crazy stuff. And forcing me to stick with CV.
by MikeDSr58 on ‎12-01-2011 01:58 PM

I just ordered the triple play - new customer - online with the help of a sales person. When I asked about the "xbox" deal, she had no clue and told me to call an 800 #..

When I called that #, they had no clue then after checking, told me that I need to be "invited" with a "mailing card" to get the deal. For 30 minutes, this went back and forth, even the rep's Supervisor wouldn't get on the phone with me. I told her I was reading the artcile FROM A VERIZON WEB SITE.. She kept saying it was an "online" deal yet the Online rep told me to call someone else !

And if it was an online deal only, then why is she asking for a card # !!

They would not budge. So instead of wasting any more time, I thanked her nicely and hung up.

So what's the deal here.. Do you, in fact, need to be mailed an INVITE CARD to take advantage of this XBOX LIVE GOLD Offer or not ? It doesn't say that anywhere in the announcement..

And if not, why doesn't any rep from Verizon know about it  ?? !!

Can anyone post a # for me to call to straighten this out  ?

by Japhy on ‎12-02-2011 09:56 AM

I'm excitied for this.  Hopefully we'll be able to start watching December 6th when the new X-Box dashboard goes live.

Now all we need are the new WP7 phones on Verizon to go with the complete package.  Microsoft has already started integration between their phone and the X-Box (the phone being a remote control and gaming device), being able to buy a new WP7 phone from Verizon (I don't mean the Trophy, I want a new phone) would make my day.

Verizon please announce your 2nd gen WP7 intentions.  That HTC Titan over at AT&T is so inviting...

by Undmike on ‎12-02-2011 05:53 PM
Does the new Verizon TV app provide the ability to view on demand programming and if so, will it only be for the corresponding live channels that are released?
by callermobile on ‎12-02-2011 09:04 PM

I subscribed to Verizon triple package(Ultimate HD+35/35+phone)..iam still under 30days of cancellation period(They installed service on 12/1/11)..But i really don't want to cancel and order this again.Instead of going through all this hassle is there any way i can get into this offer?I called customer care and it seems they are not aware of this offer.Initially they assumed iam talking about getting xbox console.Then Starz/game package.Finally they suggested me to go to local store informing me it might be local offer..I hope someone here can help me out..

by MikeDSr58 on ‎12-03-2011 04:49 PM

Folks.. Turns out the FIOS / XBOX Deal is NOT AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. I emailed Support about this and they told me that you indeed need an "invite" card to get the promotion..

Of course this is not clear in the offer at all and it apparently is in the little tiny print on the bottom of the ad. 

How does one get this card ? Good question.. No answer. Maybe Verizon closes its eyes and points to names in the phone book. 

So trhose of you who are thinking about cancelling and re-subscribing just to get the offer, or think that it's open to ALL, think again..

To me, this is false advertsiing (altgough it's in the small print) because they make it look like everyone can get it when that's not a true statement at all..

Happy FIOS !!

by jg555 on ‎12-05-2011 03:39 PM

I just order last week and today in the mail I get this advertisement and the code. But no one seems to know how to get this added to my order. I've talked to about 8 different groups today. Really disappointing.

by on ‎12-12-2011 12:11 PM

Let me try to answer all of your questions.

@pfeifler & @littlewilson We haven't announced plans for other game consoles or the iPad just yet, but we're always working on new things here at Verizon. And, we already offer Flex View and other on demand content on the iPad and other mobile devices. As always, I'll keep you posted with any news here.

@Undmike The Xbox app does not inlude on demand programming just yet. We're launching with 26 live channels, with more to come.

@MikeDSr58 Sorry for any confusion. This offer IS available to any new customers. Just go to the URL above and sign up there. This is an online offer only, so you cannot get it by calling in to customer service.

by Danv on ‎12-14-2011 10:45 AM

Heather - I ordered my triple bundle online and just had it installed 12/8/11. I did not receive anything regarding the xbox deal. When I called - verizon customer service knwos nothing about the xbox deal and recommended me calling the place i purchased the xbox from. What do I need to do to get the deal? Help!!!

by DroidIsBest ‎12-15-2011 11:17 PM - edited ‎12-15-2011 11:21 PM

I've started to check out the Fios channels through my Xbox 360.  I have to say that I"m pretty impressed.  I'm a little disapointed that the Xbox won't allow me to watch SD content in a square with black bars on both sides instead of stretching it but I figure that they'll add features down the road.

This is a great proof of concept.  I've been thinking about getting my whole house wired for cable but the expense just doesn't make sense for me right now.  The Xbox 360 is streaming live TV (not pre-recorded videos like on Hulu or Netflix) through WiFi.  When I think about what is happening with the Xbox, I see a future where I don't have to wire my house with coaxial cables.  Think about it, maybe you don't want to rent a cable box for your kid to "just" watch Nick Jr in his/her room but you would sure like them out of the living room to give you a break now and then.  Well that problem is now solved, their Xbox can now stream their favorite channels.  The only disadvantage is that you need to be an XBL Gold member but these memberships can be found for sale prices less than the cost of a cable box (right now 3 month cards are going on Ebay for $12).  Obviously if you already have an XBL Gold membership then it's just icing on the cake.

I wonder if one day more devices will have the ability to stream live TV through WiFi?  Perhaps in 10 years we'll be buying TV's with a Fios APP already built in, no need to hook anything to the TV to watch cable?  No coaxial lines in the house, only a data line feeding your modem/router.  I wonder how much of the Fios pipe coming into a house is used with live cable TV channels?  I'm pretty sure streaming them through the Internet only feeds one channel at a time.

by Maleb on ‎12-20-2011 09:25 AM

Really like the introduction of the ability to get FIOS channels through my Xbox, I'm really hoping the channel line-up is expanded here shortly.  The 26 channels now don't do much towards it being a secondary cable box replacement. 

by dannysal on ‎12-29-2011 07:35 AM

Downloaded the app and, I too, am impressed!  The quality is great and the navigation is painless.

I agree with the other thoughts.  Need more channels and the ability to record!!

by skioutwest on ‎03-31-2012 01:21 PM

Anyone know if the fios/xbox live promotion is still available?

Also, is there a listing of the available channels anywhere?

Thanks!

-Mark

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411