• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

How to Install Verizon Wi-Fi on Your Computer

by Employee ‎07-30-2009 02:54 PM - edited ‎08-19-2009 06:51 PM

Wi Fi Thumbnail.JPG

Some readers are asking how to install the Verizon Wi-Fi service we announced earlier this week.  Here’s what you need to know:

Be sure your service qualifies. You automatically qualify for Verizon Wi-Fi if you are a FiOS Internet customer with a downstream speed of 20 Mbps or higher or if you are a Verizon High Speed Internet (HSI) customer with a downstream speed of 3 or 7 Mbps.  

To install Verizon Wi-Fi, first go to http://www.verizon.net/wifi to register for the service.  You will need to sign in with your Verizon Online user name and password.  If you haven’t registered for Verizon Online, you can do so now.

After signing on, you will be prompted to download the Wi-Fi software to your laptop or netbook.

If you aren’t a Verizon broadband customer, you can always sign up online or by phone. Go to http://www.verizon.com/broadband or call 1-800-VERIZON (800-837-4966).  During the process of activating your new Verizon account, you will be prompted to download the Wi-Fi software.

If you’d like to check out where the Verizon hotspots are before ordering the service, go to http://verizon.net/hotspots and select country, state/region or community, venue (such as hotel or restaurant) and Zip code.  A list of available Verizon hotspots will appear.

Once you have the service application loaded on your machine, a window will open on your computer desktop indicating that Wi-Fi is available in your particular location.

Message Edited by Eric_Rabe on 08-19-2009 03:51 PM

Comments
by MikeW on ‎08-02-2009 02:08 PM
It does not work.  I downloaded the software, updated, checked to make sure the hotel I am staying in is on the list, checked again, NO window opened.  Could not connect.
by Toramo on ‎08-10-2009 04:49 PM

Unfortunately I'm running XP SP2, not SP3.   I wish I could upgrade to SP3 but that's not possible.   Of course the install of the Verizon wifi software will not complete.

Any way I could try to install it anyway and test my luck under SP2?

by AmyF01 on ‎01-10-2010 06:53 PM

It doesn't install on my Windows 7 netbook.  The install complains that I have to install one of the supported operating systems.  It obviously doesn't recognize Windows 7 Home Premium.  Any idea when this will be fixzed?

AmyF

by NSDQ160th4 on ‎03-13-2010 11:36 PM

I can not install the wifi software!!!   i'm getting this error everytime on install!! 

The flow will not proceed due to Missing Hand-off Parameters:
ssotoken
PUID

ssotoken value=
PUID value=
step value=wifireg

by Defiant81 on ‎04-18-2010 01:32 PM

I am having the exact problem. I have windows 7.. when I instal lthe software.. it comes up with this error everytime

The flow will not proceed due to Missing Hand-off Parameters:
ssotoken
PUID

ssotoken value=
PUID value=
step value=wifireg

Anyone else have this problem. I even tried to run the program in windows  vista comptability mode and it still brings this error message up

by Employee on ‎04-20-2010 10:04 AM

Defiant81,

Are you running Firefox?  If so, we'll have a release next week that will take care of some known issues with Firefox.  If you're running IE with Windows7, and you can't install the software, please email a screenshot of the error message with your contact information to sharon.cohen-hagar@verizon.com

Thanks.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411