Customers With Disabilities

In-Home Agent Comes to FiOS TV

by Employee on ‎12-14-2009 03:31 PM

IHA.PNGThe other night, I got an unfamiliar service code on my satellite TV screen (FiOS hasn't come to my neighborhood yet) ... something about the box not getting guide information for the past four hours. The procedure is to call for help and tell them the code.  In 20 minutes time, most of it listening to music and movie pitches, I knew it meant the signal was out due to weather, and I still had to wait for it to clear.

It doesn't have to be that way, at least for Verizon FiOS TV customers.  Today, we've announced the progressive rollout of a new feature of our In-Home Agent self-help repertoire that's built right into the FiOS TV service.  It lets you analyze television service problems and repair all but the most serious, all by yourself.  Using the remote.  Right from the couch.  No phone call.  No elevator music.  No pitches for the next viewing of "Transformers."

You go to "help, and choose "In Home Agent" and it can do a network diagnosis that tells you where the trouble is.  The system responds either by fixing things, telling you what to do next, or reporting periodically on a larger issue, such as a content provider being off line. 

The truth is, consumers today like taking care of things themselves.  And, for some time, we have offered other alternatives to give customers quick help.

FiOS TV is programmed to offer on-screen toll free numbers with special codes to automatically activate fixes for common problems or to explain what is happening so customers can get a quick answer to frequent questions. 

The computer-based In-Home Agent runs on your PC and can analyze and fix home network problems.  It will soon be available for our High Speed Internet DSL customers too.  The whole idea is to help customers faster and whenever they need it.  Let us know if you use any of these features, and tell us how they've worked for you.  And, if you have ideas for making them better, let us know that too.

Comments
by Gold Contributor VII on ‎12-15-2009 07:48 PM

Not to be negative here, but:

1) I use Windows 7. The last time I tried to install the computer-based In-Home Agent it said it only supported XP and Vista.

2) The only time I tried the TV-base agent, it gave me a code and phone number to call, which I did, didn't fix a thing.

I 100% agree that this is a good direction, it just needs some tweaking I guess.....

Justin

by 1eyedmonster on ‎01-21-2010 11:18 PM

I guess I AM negative. Because as I've said in earlier blogs, I'm frustrated with promotions that don't deliver. 

I agree with Justin...in home agent is an idea in the right direction...however, so are free vacations on the moon...we just don't have them yet....

Sort of like....Jim and FIOS TV...   What does it say about Verizon when they can't provide their director of media relations...a 30 year veteran of the industry....and  a guy who really believes in the power of networks to change lives...with FIOS TV in his home?

I'd like to get FIOS TV...it's not available in my area, either. But I'm still getting ads for it on the internet, email, and snail mail.

by jsilvers on ‎02-26-2010 10:40 AM

Any plans to add support for Mac OS X?

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bill Kula

Director -- Media Relations

Photo of Bill Kula

Bill oversees the Verizon telecom customer experience, consumer bundles, DSL, e-commerce and small business. He helps customers learn about efficient ways to manage their Verizon services.

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools