Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Introducing the FiOS Mobile App for iPad: FiOS TV Wherever You Roam in Your Home

by Employee ‎11-27-2012 04:31 PM - edited ‎11-27-2012 04:38 PM

We talk a lot about living the borderless life – doing away with old technology boundaries to connect whenever you want, to do whatever you want, wherever you are, using the devices you prefer. And we’re delivering yet again. FiOS TV and Internet customers who own an iPad can now watch a selection of up to 75 live-streaming channels* using an enhanced version of the FiOS Mobile App for iPad and their in-home FiOS Internet Wi-Fi network connection.  That means no more fighting over the living room television; take the FiOS experience with you anywhere in the house!

To watch FiOS TV on your iPad, simply download the FiOS Mobile App here. Once you’ve downloaded the app, just authenticate it one time upon start-up with your FiOS account information and start enjoying your favorite programming from anywhere in your home – it’s that easy!

Still not convinced? Check out the video below for more about life before and after the FiOS TV Mobile App for iPad:

*- Today, there are up to 75 FiOS TV channels available, depending on your FiOS TV package, including news, sports and entertainment channels. 

BONUS VIDEO: Want more #DadLast? Check out the extended cut!

Comments
by gar5jo on ‎11-27-2012 05:17 PM

Any chance on getting Live TV on any of the iPhones soon? 

by on ‎11-27-2012 06:36 PM

Android please!

by alvinashcraft on ‎11-27-2012 07:21 PM

Windows 8, Windows Phone, Kindle Fire please.

by ssanders79 on ‎11-27-2012 08:43 PM

This was a nice update!  The icing on the cake would be the ability to stream recordInge from my DVR. 

by JeffCG on ‎11-28-2012 05:29 PM

When are we going to get this for Android and Windows?  Also, when we we be able to use this to view shows from the DVR? So far it seems like a great idea, too bad I can't use it.

by Loki on ‎11-28-2012 08:56 PM

Very nice, indeed. Can we expect that FIOS Remote Live TV will include all 88 HD channels in the base ExtremeHD plan?  That would be fabulous.

by Goatboy10 on ‎11-29-2012 04:46 PM

Downloaded the app and it wants a user id and password.  So I enter the same user id and password i use to access this site but noooooo. Invalid login credentials.  Rechecked five times. Still no go.  **bleep**? Call verizon - "We don't handle that, do you have a wireless phone with Verizon?" "yes" "Call them". Right. Great support.

by BrianHarg on ‎11-30-2012 08:40 PM

No major networks to view via the app?  Overall like the app, just wish the networks were available. 

by NickNY on ‎12-31-2012 05:28 PM

Great addition.  Would like to see "border less" extended to outside the home.  Great benefit to access Fiostv while traveling.

by Yazy1 on ‎06-01-2013 08:38 PM

I have Fios at home and so do many of my family and friends.  We all individually in our own homes use our iPads to watch tv as we go from room to room.   There is only one HUGH question we all have....how do we use our iPads at each others homes to watch tv!  I don't want to miss a thing if I have to run to the loo!  What  do we do? 

by R_Smith on ‎06-24-2013 02:12 PM

Serioslly  -is Verizon working on a Window8 app? (I have 3 Win 8 PCs, a Win8 Surface PRO tablet, and a Nokie Lumia 920 WIn phone - (this OS has been out for a while now) - can we get a comment from Verizon on status of this availablity?

by STCustomer on ‎01-21-2014 11:47 PM

The FIOS  iPad app is the worst!

It crashes constantly, requires repeated sign-in, buffers randomly for several minutes, gives repeated error messages. I am seriously questioning the software team Verizon utilizes for their products. The set top FIOS box also crashes, freezes, and the UI is outdated and dysfunctional.

Sorry we ever signed on....have to suffer 2 years. 

Blech....

by Ravierd on ‎01-22-2014 10:26 PM

Can you please add willow ( ch # 1007 ) on the fios mibile app please ?

by elktv on ‎02-13-2014 10:28 PM

I request the same Please add willow channel 1007 to the fios mobile app (ipad).

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements