Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

It's Linsanity on FiOS!

by on ‎02-17-2012 11:18 AM

Knicks.JPGBy now you’ve probably heard about Linsanity. I’m certainly not a basketball expert, but even I know about the new New York Knicks sensation, Jeremy Lin. His meteoric rise from benchwarmer to star has taken the basketball world – and every other world -- by storm. In fact, Linsanity might even become 2012’s Word of the Year.

Want to see what all the commotion is about? If you have FiOS and you’re in the New York area, you can. The Knicks games air on MSG Network, a sports and entertainment network that covers New York area basketball, hockey, soccer and more. And, we recently added the HD feeds for MSG. FiOS customers in New York and Connecticut can find MSG HD on FiOS TV channels 577 or 578, and MSG+ HD on 579 or 580. FiOS customers in northern and central New Jersey get MSG HD on channels 578 or 579, and MSG+ HD on channels 580 or 581. 

Want some more good news? Just this week MSG announced that they’ll be airing 15 Knicks games in Spanish this season. “Los Knicks en español” offers separate Knicks telecasts entirely in Spanish. The next game will air tonight when the Knicks take on the Charlotte Hornets. The game will air in English on MSG HD and in Spanish on MSG+ HD.

Don’t miss the game tonight. You’ll definitely want to see what Jeremy Lin has in store. Plus, the Knicks’ Carmelo Anthony might even return to the court and join in the Linsanity after his recent injury. Not in the New York area? Then make sure you set your DVRs for the few times that the NBA airs the Knicks games on national channels, like ESPN and ABC. The next one is scheduled for next Thursday, Feb. 23 on TNT when Linsanity and the Knicks go on the road to Miami to take on the Heat and their “Three Kings.”

And, if you have the chance to watch FiOS TV instead “the other guys” and don’t, well then, you just may be Linsane.

Comments
by Cyruis on ‎02-21-2012 10:15 AM - last edited on ‎02-21-2012 10:43 AM by Moderator

This one Blog alone shows off your excellent writing skills. I am very impressed with your views and interesting point of view. I hope you intend to continue writing more informational things . 

by on ‎02-21-2012 07:54 PM

I'm not in the NY area, but I heard that the Spanish game was on MSG2 HD, not MSG+ HD. Just don't forget about the Islanders & Devils fans who are still waiting for MSG+2 HD!

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements