Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

It’s Official! FiOS TV Soon Coming to Xbox, Complete with Kinect

by Employee on ‎10-05-2011 12:01 PM

xbox360.jpgWe recently said here that Verizon is in the business of breaking down old technology boundaries to create a borderless world where work, play and home become one virtual reality.  We have a strong vision of the future and bringing the benefits of a “borderless lifestyle” to consumers by delivering entertainment and information to them anytime, anywhere, on all their favorite devices.

Today we’re breaking another boundary – this time between live TV and gaming consoles -- to further the borderless lifestyle.  We’ve announced that we are now collaborating with Microsoft to soon deliver a great selection of live, FiOS TV channels over the Xbox Entertainment System.  What really makes this exciting is that this innovative, new service will integrate live, multi-channel streaming HD TV and Kinect voice and gesture commands via the Xbox.

At today’s TVNext conference in San Jose, Calif., Eric Bruno, Verizon’s VP of consumer and mass business product management, and Tom Gibbons, corporate VP of the TV & Service Business for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft, are taking the stage to discuss what this new partnership means for the future of entertainment. 

The benefits of combining FiOS TV and Xbox are many and the two services are a natural fit.  The fastest and most reliable FiOS Internet service with the quickest  response time in the industry takes multi-player online gaming to a whole new level.  And, FiOS TV’s superior home entertainment experience will now include live channel streaming directly to the Xbox, complete with Kinect voice and gesture commands. 

We plan to offer the service in time for the holiday season to customers who subscribe to both FiOS TV and FiOS Internet and who are also Xbox LIVE Gold members. We’ll be announcing more service details closer to service launch.   

Until then, stay tuned for more boundary-breaking!

Comments
by JayMan007 on ‎10-05-2011 02:34 PM

Add this to PS3 as well.

by ardochane on ‎10-05-2011 02:38 PM
Whact how crappy the channel lineup will be. I wish they would push the idea that was shown a good while back about using a console as a FULL cable box replacement. Cut rental fees from users and reduce maitenance and box purchases for verizon. So your console acts as cable/dvr/dvd/gaming unit all in one.... Reducing hardware clutter.
by nobody2000 on ‎10-05-2011 03:22 PM

1.) What channels will be available? 

2.) How long before I can get rid of my HD boxes/cablecard

3.) Will this cost extra? 

by techieg on ‎10-05-2011 05:44 PM

Well, it will make sense if Xbox Live subscribers who want to subscribe to FiOS TV do not have to also subscribe to FiOS internet service if they want to keep the internet service they already have or if they are not in a FiOS internet serviceable area but have ample bandwidth from another ISP. If this is the case, then there shouldn't be a problem with FiOS TV expanding beyond their internet service delivery regions as long as the Xbox users have the required bandwidth. This has been the nature of VoIP, which is why it has really flourished.

by magnusfl on ‎10-09-2011 07:51 PM

I wonder how many xboxs will go three rings from this

by dannysal ‎10-17-2011 07:31 AM - edited ‎10-17-2011 07:31 AM

This is so exciting!  The first time I read about this I completely missed the fact that there will be Kinect functionality!  So cool!

by on ‎12-02-2012 03:39 PM

This sort of died. I still have the same stuff as last YEAR! If it plays on IPAD, BluRay, and LG, Make it play on X-Box! Make them all play over IP! It has been over a year, and this whole thing has sunk.

by on ‎12-03-2012 05:58 AM

" I wish they would push the idea that was shown a good while back about using a console as a FULL cable box replacement. Cut rental fees from users and reduce maitenance and box purchases for verizon. So your console acts as cable/dvr/dvd/gaming unit all in one.... Reducing hardware clutter."

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411