Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

MASN2 HD Availability Expands on FiOS TV

by ‎03-31-2011 03:14 PM - edited ‎04-06-2011 03:10 PM

sb10068701q-001.jpg

Since last year when we first introduced MASN2 HD to FiOS TV customers in parts of Maryland, Virginia and the D.C. metro area, we’ve heard from many of you about expanding the channel to everyone in the region.  We have good news: the time has finally come!

Starting this Monday, April 4, MASN2 HD will become available to all of our FiOS TV customers in the region, including Maryland, Virginia and the D.C. metro area.  We’ve also been able to expand the channel to our customers in Harrisburg, PA.  Unfortunately it’s not in Delaware at this time, but we’re looking into that.

For those who don’t know, MASN2 is an overflow channel that broadcasts Nationals, Orioles and Ravens games when there is other programming on the main channel, MASN.  The HD channel is now available to everyone in the region on channel 501.  MASN2 is on channel 1 in standard-definition.

Many of you in the same region also have asked us about another sports overflow channel, CSN+ HD.  We recently made this channel available to parts of Virginia and Maryland on channel 575 and we’re working on getting it to the whole region.

And while we’re talking sports, for all of the soccer fans out there, Fox Soccer Channel HD is coming in April.  Keep a look out here for dates and availability.

Update (April 6, 2011)

Customers in the region don’t need to worry about conflicting games on TV this month, while baseball season gets underway and we gear up for the NBA and NHL playoffs.  Our FiOS TV customers in Virginia, Maryland and DC can tune to channel 334 to see CSN+ games while other games air on CSN, MASN and MASN2.  Tonight (April 6), for example, the schedule is as follows:

CSN (ch. 76, 576): Washington Wizards vs. Indiana Pacers

CSN+ (ch. 334, 575): Florida Panthers vs. Washington Capitals

MASN (ch. 77, 577): Washington Nationals vs. Florida Marlins

MASN2 (ch. 1, 501): Baltimore Orioles vs. Detroit Tigers

We’ll continue to make this available for another month or so, so enjoy all the local sports you can handle.

Comments
by ‎03-31-2011 05:33 PM - edited ‎03-31-2011 05:36 PM

And while we’re talking sports, for all of the soccer fans out there, Fox Soccer Channel HD is coming later this month.  Keep a look out here for dates and availability.

You didn't leave yourselves much flexibility there, given its the 31st of March today! /s

by chicken1 on ‎03-31-2011 05:52 PM

Well Heather, not to sound ungrateful (which I'm not), it would have been nice if Verizon could have advised its customers much earlier, like after the end of last year's baseball season, that we were going to get all of our local teams in all televised games in HD this year.  That would have saved all of the offseason speculation, griping, and anger that was floating around while we, your customers, were kept in limbo.  Instead, Verizon keeps to its usual strategy of not announcing anything until just before the channel becomes available; it was foreseeable after giving DC metro both channels on 501 last season that you would eventually expand this region-wide.  Instead, you get no credit from me for keeping me in the dark all winter, and announcing the great event, like manna from on high, just in the nick of time.

by on ‎03-31-2011 07:45 PM

Thank you for keeping the promise you made last summer, and posting a blog as soon as there was information you were permitted to share. I still cannot understand why Verizon cannot provide this channel to Delaware, because it's not an issue of getting the channel to the VHO at this point. The other areas will take it though. We all know that Verizon will never launch a channel until the connection and signal are perfect, and even though it took an entire year to deliver, MASN2 HD will be here to stay once we see it on Monday.

by on ‎03-31-2011 10:34 PM

BigPete82,

Thank you for catching that. Fox Soccer Channel HD is coming later in April not March. 

-Heather

by BenButler on ‎03-31-2011 10:40 PM

"Fox Soccer Channel HD is coming later in April not March. "....

When in April????         Its been a painful   year and a half   with  NO  soccer in HD... 

by apap on ‎04-01-2011 06:35 AM

Hey, how about finishing up the roll out of the RSNs in VHO8?  Where is The Comcsast Network in HD?  No one wants to watch Phillies, Flyers, or Sixers in SD.

by on ‎04-01-2011 07:00 AM

Ben-

Look for FSC HD to start rolling in about 10 days or so (not an April fools joke either....

Heather-

Please keep looking into the Delaware issue - as Caps said - the feed of the channel is already at the VHO in Philly.

And, as apap stated - please also look into getting VHO8 the Comcast Network in HD - it's Philly's version of CSN+.

Thanks for the great work you do!

by BenButler on ‎04-02-2011 04:22 PM

NOTE:    if you guys make  Fox Soccer PLUS  in HD,   I would pay for that as well,  in a hearbeat... 

by mhaslup on ‎04-02-2011 10:15 PM

Heather and Verizon Team - THANKS! and way to go!

by ravensfaninnova on ‎04-03-2011 01:49 PM

Hi Heather,

I'm currently watching the O's ame on channel 501, but it's in SD.  I'm grateful for the game, but is this just a temporary glitch?  Will the MASN2 games be shown in HD?  The channel marker in the bottom right hand corner indicates that it's masn2HD.

Thanks,

Brian

by on ‎04-04-2011 03:29 PM

Hi, Brian,

You'll be able to see the games in HD beginning today (April 4) on channel 501.

Heather

by on ‎04-04-2011 05:15 PM
Hey Heather, I think the problem that ravensfaninnova is talking about was on FiOS1 HD in the Washington area on Sunday. The game was scheduled to be in HD, but was shown in stretched SD. The rest of us (except DE) got the 24 hour feed of MASN2 HD today, but after all day, it still hasn't shown up in the program guide. It's a minor problem at this point, but can you look into getting this corrected? Not being in the guide renders the channel almost useless for the non-geeks out there who might not know where to find these games.
by jmansor on ‎04-04-2011 05:35 PM

Great news about sports in HD.  Adding TruTV was a waste since there is no more live sports on that channel now that March Madness is over.  CBS pulled a fast one on you there.

by on ‎04-05-2011 09:47 AM
Thank you for this news!!! Now, not to sound like an ingrate but what about BBCA-HD, I need my TOP GEAR on HD!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Bryan_W on ‎04-05-2011 10:31 PM

Ms. Wilner,

I am a FIOS customer in Anne Arundel County MD and do not have MASN 2 HD CH 501 available on the TV guide. What is the recommended course of action to fix this? Is this issue currently being addressed by Verizon? Thanks.

by on ‎04-06-2011 05:30 PM

Caps09 and Bryan_W,

I checked, and channel 501 is visible in the Guide for FiOS TV customers in the region.  Are you still unable to see it?

Heather

by on ‎04-06-2011 05:35 PM

All,

I updated my blog post today (April 6) with some additional information about how FiOS TV customers in Virginia, Maryland and DC can watch your favorite teams when games are on TV at the same time. Check it out.

Heather

by Silver Contributor III on ‎04-07-2011 10:33 AM

I live in AA County. Watched it last night. Channel was avalable by tuning to it before the guide got updated. That would be my only "complaint" on this one.

by on ‎04-07-2011 06:38 PM

Heather, it's now in the guide and the picture quality is perfect. Thanks!

by francorosso on ‎04-26-2012 10:14 PM

Can someone explain why the games aren't in my program guide on my TiVo?  This is a huge inconvenience.....

by PeterVT on ‎05-30-2012 06:04 PM

In Fairfax County with TiVo and there is no guide information being provided by Verizon.   When is Verizon going to start providing guide content for channel 501?

by amichel on ‎01-23-2013 11:29 AM

Hi,

It's 2013 and I still can't find MASN2 SD or HD. Fios1 is ESPNews, paid programming, FiOS weather and traffic, and some various religious programming. What's up? 

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements