Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

MASN2 HD Now on FiOS1 in D.C., Maryland, Virginia

by on ‎07-13-2010 02:03 PM

1271iB006B21344351CC1Many of you have asked when MASN2 would become available in HD on FiOS TV.  Well, the time is now.  Whether you’re rooting for the Nationals or the Orioles, or if you’re looking forward to seeing the Ravens in high def, you’ll now get it all on FiOS in HD.

MASN2 HD will be available on Channel 501 on FiOS1, our local channel for news, sports, traffic and weather.  We offer FiOS1 throughout the D.C. metro area, including parts of Maryland and Virginia.  Right now just the MASN2 programming will be in HD, but we hope to bring Verizon’s local programs to you in high-def down the line.  And for those of you in the area outside the FiOS1 footprint, we’re working on a technical solution to make the MASN2 HD feed available to you as well.

Once the All Star Game is over, there will be plenty of action, starting this Friday when the Nationals play the Marlins.  Let’s see what Strasburg can do in HD.

Comments
by on ‎07-13-2010 02:40 PM

Are you serious? A technical solution??? What technical solution do you need to work on to give the rest of us a full time feed that's supplied to you by MASN? Unbelieveable, just unbelieveable.

by JayMan007 on ‎07-14-2010 10:31 AM

What parts of VA?

I'm in Richmond, VA... will we have MASN2 on 501?

I'm not seeing anything on 501, so I guess we don't have it..

When will Richmond get this channel?

by on ‎07-14-2010 11:26 AM

Caps09, JayMan007,

MASN2 HD is now available on channel 501  to FiOS TV customers in D.C., Montgomery, Prince Georges, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudon, Prince William and Spotsylvania -- approximately 70% of those eligible.  We're working on the remaining 30%, but don't have a target date to share yet.

Heather

by on ‎07-14-2010 01:54 PM

I have a cable card in my Tivo and I have no channel 501?? I am in Montgomery county serverd out of VHO4.

by on ‎07-14-2010 04:16 PM

Thank you. It showed up today along with IDHD.

by dac on ‎07-14-2010 05:34 PM

Finally.  I must say this has been a big embarrassment for both Verizon and MASN.  Every game is branded with "MASN HD" but not all of the games have carried in HD for Verizon customers in the DC area market.  While Mediacom in Bethany Beach - 120 miles away from the primary market is able to carry both MASN and MASN 2. 

Watching the games on analog Channel 1 has had the quality of watching television back in the 70s!  To add insult to injury, Verizon Fios is a major advertiser during the games!  

The lowest point was the debut of Steven Strasberg.  A showcase night for MASN, Verizon and the Nationals.  The Nationals games are one of the lowest rated sports broadcast on television.  MASN and Verizon had a golden opportunity to start to build and audience, but instead you put an inferior product on the air. 

Let's hope the Nationals become more of a priority in your service for the growing number of Nationals fans in the market.

(And thank you for the opportunity to vent)

by theneagles on ‎07-14-2010 08:52 PM

Heather-

I am in Waldorf, MD- Charles County- and the channel is there. Is that confirmation I will be receiving the MASN2HD feeds?

Thanks!

by gkdesign912 on ‎07-15-2010 09:22 AM

I live in Baltimore County and still don't see channel 501 on my guide...what gives?

Last time I checked, Baltimore County was part of Maryland.

Greg

by on ‎07-15-2010 02:48 PM

theneages and gkdesign912,

If you're getting channel 501, then, yes, you're getting the HD feed.  As mentioned in the blog post, FiOS1 is offered in parts of Maryland and Virginia, but it is not currently offered in Baltimore.  We're working on expanding it to the remaining areas.

Heather

by tw9jd5 on ‎07-15-2010 04:02 PM

just like the youtube and internet radio verizon apps only working for windows users while verizon ignores its mac customers, seems like verizon is using the same business model with MASN2 in HD by ignoring certain customers while allowing others to benefit from new offerings.

you know, Fios used to be the big thing.  but is seems like last fall, its lost its freshness and now seems as tired and worn out as comcast, TWC, etc.  no new HD channel expansions in a while, etc. 

by on ‎07-16-2010 08:57 PM

I'm in Anne Arundel County MD, and no channel 501 here either. So exactly what parts of Maryland IS it available in? 

by on ‎07-16-2010 09:00 PM

Never mind ... missed the post with the counties. Thought it was a list of VA counties.

by gkdesign912 on ‎07-17-2010 11:28 AM

Interesting how you are still "working on expanding to the remaining areas" while all of the other providers, Comcast, DirecTV, etc. have already managed to cover their subscribers nine months ago!!!!

Maybe I could watch the same three shows on PetsTV HD or Comedy HD or CarsTV HD or any of the other wasted HD space that just play the same three shows over and over and over again.

by on ‎07-20-2010 04:09 PM

Why are we still waiting on MASN2 here in AA County? Verizon has been 'working on' adding MASN2 HD since Opening Day 3 1/2 months ago. Does Verizon always move at such a glacial pace?

by on ‎07-21-2010 03:23 PM

To all who asked about MASN2 HD availability outside the Washington, D.C., metro area:

We apologize that we weren't able to make MASN2 HD available outside the FiOS1 footprint just yet, but it is coming.  We will update information here when we can.

Heather

by on ‎07-23-2010 02:38 PM

Nationals @ Brewers tonight and Sunday on MASN2 HD. Lots of us outside of DC Metro are still waiting for news.

by on ‎07-25-2010 04:10 PM
105 degrees outside, and low def Nationals baseball inside. The irony is that FiOS customers about an hour to my north can see the same game today in HD on either MASN2 HD or DC50 HD.
by mjcapsfan on ‎07-26-2010 01:31 PM

We're in Howard County where Fios1 is available. How come we don't have 501?

by on ‎07-26-2010 03:13 PM
FiOS1 HD is only in Montgomery and Prince Georges in Maryland. Howard is left out for now with the rest of the region. Enjoy the O's in low def this week on MASN2!
by Lintyfresh85 on ‎07-31-2010 05:31 PM

We're still waiting for MASN2 HD in Richmond.

Come on FiOS. Everyone else has it and MASN2 1 is a terrible channel.

Please get this fixed before the season is over!!!

by on ‎08-02-2010 11:23 AM
Another week starts with new hope that "the rest of us" will see MASN2 HD this week. Red Zone HD returned last week, while two more channels nobody was asking for were added during the previous weeks. This couldn't be a bandwidth issue if FiOS1 HD could be added in the DC area. Two thirds of the 2010 season is over. Please let us see our regional teams in HD.
by on ‎08-14-2010 05:17 PM
Almost 5 weeks now since FiOS1 HD was announced. I haven't forgotten that I still don't have MASN2 HD, even though it seems like the people at Verizon are content with the channel only being available to a select few.
by on ‎08-16-2010 04:40 PM

Will Verizon disappoint for a fifth week? I'll go out on a limb and say yes.

by chicken1 on ‎08-17-2010 07:32 PM

Well, its August 17, so I guess we'll not get to watch the Os on MASN2 HD this year  in Howard County.  Thanks FIOS, especially for feeding Baltimore's DC inferiority complex.  We really don't count.

by on ‎08-19-2010 09:15 PM

Amen to that - took care of the DC folks, forgot everyone else. Still waiting here in AA county, too. Seems Heather has moved on to more pressing issues since she hasn't responded here in more than a month.

by on ‎08-20-2010 08:09 PM
Wow I was right...Verizon let us down again this week while the people with FiOS1 got to see every game in HD. If they finally manage to come through for us next week, it will have been six weeks since it was announced that just a portion of the footprint would get MASN2 HD. I would be able to understand it a little better if this were a bandwidth issue and no one had the channel yet, but when some of us have a certain channel, why does it take six or more weeks to bring it to the rest of us? If it is a matter of difficulty adding the channel to a QAM, why didn't Verizon just launch the full time channel for the entire footprint instead of launching an HD version of FiOS1? Why did they do it this way anyhow when it has taken SIX WEEKS to expand coverage? Is this what people at Verizon think is acceptable? Meanwhile, the rest of us are strung along and told "it is coming", even as baseball season only has a little over a month to go. When CSN+ is finally available in HD, I'll bet we go through the exact same thing. I can't wait. The Washington area will have it on FiOS1 HD and the rest of us will still be waiting for it in March.
by on ‎09-17-2010 06:58 PM
In June, we were told "weeks, not days until MASN2 HD arrives". July 21 we were told "it is coming". At this point, I would be shocked if we get the channel before the end of the season. I will never believe anything else I hear from Verizon. They dangle the carrot in front of you and string you along, only to deliver nothing.
by on ‎09-29-2010 08:47 PM

There are only days left in the season, so I guess it's pretty safe to say that we were lied to in July when we were told "it is coming". Verizon knew that they could just string us along and give us as little information as possible. Let's hope that we'll be able to see all the games in HD next season.

by JayCon on ‎02-08-2011 03:31 PM

Heather - no updates since July, 2010?  When will MASN2 HD be available in Baltimore County?  The 2011 baseball season is less than 2 months away.

by Oriolesin2011 on ‎02-20-2011 06:58 PM

Any update on when MASN2 HD is coming to Baltimore, MD?  Baseball starts March 31 and we do not want to have to switch providers!  Is there someone we can contact to learn more or to plead our case?  ANY information on the status of MASN2 HD coming to Baltimore is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

by YourTeamSucks on ‎07-30-2011 08:57 PM

Channel 501 is O's vs. Yankees! Where is the Nationals Game? **bleep**? It sure isnt on FIOS in Fairfax!  :smileysad:

by Employee on ‎08-01-2011 12:59 PM

YourTeamSucks,

Hello.  Did you look for the Nationals game on MASN, channel 577 in HD, on July 30?  FiOS carries both MASN and MASN2 in your area.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements