Customers With Disabilities

MY FiOS Now Available On Your Apple Device

by Employee ‎03-20-2012 10:51 AM - edited ‎03-20-2012 10:54 AM

MY FiOS iOS 2.jpgBack in October, we launched the MY FiOS app. Until now, the app has only been available on Android devices, but I have great news today for all you Apple fans: MY FiOS is now available on iPhones, iPads and the iPod Touch.

MY FiOS gives FiOS customers access to everything from movies, TV shows and personal content; to remote DVR access and control; to home and energy monitoring.  In addition, the app offers access to billing, account management and customer service tools.

To download the app, you can find it in the Android Market or the Apple store and then sign in with your proprietary Verizon.net username and password. Apple users also can scan in the QR code below. 

Download and sign in to get any time, anywhere access to your favorite Verizon services, including Home Monitoring & Control, Flex View, and FiOS Mobile Remote, among others.  Check it out and let us know what you think.

Apple QR code for My FiOS.png

Comments
by on ‎03-20-2012 12:56 PM

OK, I downloaded it on my Ipod Touch, but why do I need an app for every little thing? After I downloaded it and wanted to browse On Demand, it made me download another app and then I wanted to control my DVR and I had to download another app. Why can't all this be done through one app, why do I need so many?

by Employee on ‎03-20-2012 01:57 PM

The My FiOS app allows you to quickly swap between the various existing applications. It’s a fast and convenient way to manage your services and find new apps, features and functionalities that you may not already know about.

by on ‎03-20-2012 02:20 PM

I have another question. It seems you can't really watch a movie or TV show on the device, it just says bookmark it for later viewing on your TV or computer, is this correct?

by Employee on ‎03-20-2012 04:31 PM

With FiOS Mobile Remote, you can control your DVR -- browse listings, record shows, and manage your scheduled and recorded programs.

With Flex View, you can buy or rent titles (more than 15,000 movies & TV shows available), and then watch them on your computer, your TV and your mobile device.

by cburi on ‎03-20-2012 05:52 PM

I think that what we've all been waiting for (at least iPad owners) is what was demonstrated in Aug 2010 - streaming TV to the iPad.  When I go to the iTunes store the MyFiOS app (in it's current release) is really only an iPhone app. 

What is the timeline for releasing the iPad optimized app with live streaming (aka the XBox capability).  Even if it's only the 26 channels to start with it would be a nice addition to the Verizon offering.  Joe has mentioned on Twitter that he has been using the Release Candidate of that application but that was probably in January.  I believe that all of your competitors have now released an iPad app and TW offers over 100 channels of streaming.  It beats having to have a set top box when you want to watch TV in any room of your house.

by cbinma on ‎03-21-2012 10:31 AM

When are they going to fix the app so it will work correctly on an Android tablet?

You can't get the Remote control to work without a phone number on Android. A tablet doesn't have a phone number.

by Stolli on ‎03-21-2012 07:54 PM
Agree with cburi. Verizon has been promising the iPad app with live streaming forever. FiOS used to be the leader in innovation, but that has not been the case as of late. Just look at the capabilities of the DVRs of other providers and you will see what I mean. Another example is the much hyped and extremely buggy 1.9 IMG that took forever to push out. Since that update I have several DVR problems and pixelization on recorded TV that I never saw with the old guide.
by seltzer77 on ‎03-22-2012 03:34 PM

The android and bb version both offer the ability to manage digital voice...check voice mails, set call forwarding, etc.  When will the ios app get this?  We've been waiting over a year since Verizon first said they were working on this functionality for ios...

by Employee on ‎03-30-2012 02:27 PM

We are working on launching FiOS TV on the iPad. I'll make sure to keep At Home readers aware of any updates on timing.

As for the Android tablets, MY FiOS is available but I expect the optimized version to come later this year. 

by Rick7748 on ‎04-09-2012 09:27 AM
Is there anyplace I can learn how to use these apps??? Your web page blog community forum etc is ridiculously complex. I am trying to use flex view on my iPhone but nothing seems to work. It asks me to bookmark an episode but them the only option is to get more episodes to bookmark. How do you actually view an episode?
by Employee on ‎04-09-2012 04:06 PM

@Rick7748  check out this website for assistance with Flex View: http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Guide/Flex%20View/128568.htm

by ssanders79 on ‎04-11-2012 01:22 PM

Heather,

Is there any chance the FiOS TV iPad app going to allow viewing of our DVR recordings at home and away?  This would be a killer feature for those who travel eliminating the need for a slingbox.

by Employee on ‎04-11-2012 06:02 PM

@ssanders79  We're always looking at ways in which customers can access their programming in and out of the home. Nothing definitive yet, but we'll keep you posted.

by devdude on ‎04-24-2012 01:22 PM

I am new to the FIOS triple play products.  I finally got rid of Cablevision.  I was under the impression that like Optimum I would be able to watch my TV on my ipod touch.  Is that not possible? 

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bill Kula

Director -- Media Relations

Photo of Bill Kula

Bill oversees the Verizon telecom customer experience, consumer bundles, DSL, e-commerce and small business. He helps customers learn about efficient ways to manage their Verizon services.

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools