Customers With Disabilities

More Premium HD Content on FiOS TV

by Employee ‎09-09-2009 04:09 PM - edited ‎09-16-2009 10:11 AM

popcorn1 medium.JPGWhen the discussion turns to high def content on television, most of us think in terms of traditional channels – who has the most?

But it may be just as important to ask which provider has the most HD premium channels – the ones not usually included in the basic package.  I mean, if you are going to pay extra for a premium service, you might just want to know who has the premium services with the most HD.

Since I’m writing this, you won’t be surprised to hear the answer – FiOS TV.

Ever since the start, FiOS TV has had more HD content than big cable.   But maybe you missed the amount of premium content on FiOS -- more than 70 premium movie channels, including more than 40 channels in HD.

We’re adding even more premium video-on-demand programming in HD this fall.  And, if you already subscribe to a premium package, the new HD on-demand channels for your service come at no extra charge.

HBO and Cinemax subscribers will soon have access to the new HBO HD and Cinemax HD VOD channels – each with 150 hours of HD programming per month.  This gives FiOS TV customers more HD programming from HBO and Cinemax than any other provider.

We’re also expanding our Movie Package by adding on-demand HD content from The Movie Channel, by doubling the amount of HD VOD content from Starz, and by adding 150 hours of movies on-demand per month from Encore.

We’ll let you know when the new premium on-demand HD content is available.  And continue to check here for news about FiOS TV.

Comments
by on ‎09-09-2009 11:51 PM

What about NBA TV?  Lots of good content on right now, preseason coming up in a couple weeks, yet we still don't have it...

by on ‎09-10-2009 05:19 PM

Good on Verizon for carrying so many premium HD movie channels. This is one of the key reasons that I left DirecTV for FiOS. And with Epix coming it's only going to get better. Thanks and keep it up!

Still curious why you don't carry Starz West in HD though...

by Employee on ‎09-18-2009 02:09 PM

BigPete82,

We'll have more to say about NBA TV and NBA League Pass very soon.

Eric

by el_g on ‎01-18-2010 12:14 AM

I really appreciate the fact that HBO On Demand can be seen in HD.  That was a major drawback when trying to cue up some HBO programming at will.

However, I noticed that what the HBO website says is currently running on demand is different than what we see is available through our Verizon set-top box.  For instance, I went to look for Watchmen (which HBO is currently saying should be available through On Demand), but my FiOS TV says that only Jurassic Park and something else I didn't want to watch were available.

As an HBO subscriber, I feel that we should be getting exactly what HBO is putting out there.  In fact, there's a lot of programming that HBO has made available through On Demand, but those options aren't there for FiOS.

After going through the proper customer support channels with Verizon, I'm just getting the standard runaround.  "Call tech support", "call billing".  I see where this is headed.  Probalby to me switching to AT&T U-Verse or satellite.  It's really sad when something as simple as trying to get what you paid for turns into a mountain.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bill Kula

Director -- Media Relations

Photo of Bill Kula

Bill oversees the Verizon telecom customer experience, consumer bundles, DSL, e-commerce and small business. He helps customers learn about efficient ways to manage their Verizon services.

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools