Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

NBC Sports Live Extra Now on My Verizon

by on ‎04-15-2013 11:11 AM

live-extra-54k-logo.pngGame on! We have more sports programming for you, with the addition of NBC Sports Live Extra to the My Verizon website. Just like the other NBCUniversal channels we launched earlier this year, the NBC Sports programming will be available to watch right on the My Verizon website.

NBC Sports Network features live and on demand programming on the My Verizon site. The 2013 live event programing features everything from the remainder of the NHL regular season, including the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Final; to Premiere League and Major League Soccer; to Formula One and IndyCar races, horse races and more. Verizon FiOS TV customers will have access to on demand and live programming from NBC, NBC Sports Network and Golf Channel, resulting in more than 4,000 hours of programming this year alone.

FiOS TV customers can log in to the My Verizon website with their user ID and password just one time to access all of this NBC Sports Network programming, as well as all of the other great TV shows and movies available on the site. Get started today!

Comments
by on ‎04-15-2013 07:52 PM

Tried it out but it keeps asking me to "log in" from the verizon site on chrome.  I'm using the link you provided above and I'm logged in.  I get the same issue when I go to stream.golfchannel.com.  Chrome and verizon's authentication website don't seem to get along very well.  Please fix this as the online streaming for many of the properties don't work very well on Chrome...  FYI chrome is the most used browser in the USA so please figure it out soon...

by MVP Justin MVP on ‎04-15-2013 08:25 PM

BigPete82,

I am normally a Firefox user, but I just started Google Chrome, logged in to MyVerizon, and I was able to view several episodes on NBC Sports network with no issues, no extra login or anything. So I don't think it is a Google Chrome issue or a Verizon issue with Chrome itself, I suspect it is something to do with your account, or perhaps a Chrome add-on that you are using. I have a number of add-ons installed on Chrome but none apparently affect my ability to access NBC Sports Network, you might try starting Chrome without any add-ons to see if it makes a difference.

Hope this helps.

Justin

by on ‎04-16-2013 10:51 AM

Justin, the first time I usually login everything works fine.  Its when I come back a day or 2 later and try to login it sends me in a login loop.  I know I'm not the only one and its not just NBC Sports, people are complaining about it for Showtime, Golf Channel, and others...I've cleared cookies, disabled adblock, you name it, still sends me in the login loop...

by Lannister on ‎04-16-2013 11:03 AM

Hello everyone, is this only for FiOS customers? I currently have high speed internet service as FiOS is not available in my area. Does that mean I won't get this service? 

by MVP Justin MVP on ‎04-16-2013 11:44 AM

BigPete82,

Well, I just started Chrome again today, went to NBC Sports, and it works just fine for me. Question: are you using the two-week login option, or do you regularly log in each time you visit? I am using the two-week login option, maybe that is the difference.

by on ‎04-16-2013 01:01 PM

We are aware of some issues with Chrome. If you click the "log in" link another time in the player area, it should be corrected. We're currently working on a permanent fix.

Justin, thanks for your help and feedback!

by on ‎04-16-2013 01:02 PM

@Lannister  In order to watch this online programming, you must be a FiOS TV subscriber and your TV package must include the channels you want to access online. 

by ‎04-17-2013 06:55 PM - edited ‎04-17-2013 08:03 PM

Hi Heather,

Thanks for looking into it.  Hope you are able to come to a solution soon.  Please let us know when a solution has been implemented as this is very frustrating...

@Justin,

Glad is working for you.  Its still flaky watching from the Verizon site (works about half the time, freezes alot - on a fios connection no less), but it works better than going to stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra or stream.golfchannel.com.  Same for nflnonline.nfl.com/nflno/ which is the site for NFL Network (can't watch it within the Verizon site).  Those sites have no option for "2 week login" and I continue to get caught in an endlless login loop.  ESPN has always worked fine but maybe its because the authentication is linked to my ESPN username instead.

Please fix before the Players Championship which starts May 9!

by uglyrose on ‎04-19-2013 08:00 AM

Will NBC Sports Network come under Sports package or Sport Pass as it will carry all EPL games next season? La Connexion has almost all Soccer channels will NBC sport added to La Connexion? If EPL won't be shown then it will be a big disappointment for many soccer fans.  Please review this issue.

Thanks

by ‎04-21-2013 08:22 PM - edited ‎04-21-2013 08:25 PM

NBC Sports Network is part of the three main packages (prime, extreme, and ultimate), so it is available to most subscribers without the need for it to be part of a sports package. Not sure if it will be added to La. Conexion. 

I understand your issue about soccer. I am hoping they add beIN Espanol to Sports Pass so that both beIN channels are part of the package.

by uglyrose on ‎04-27-2013 10:36 AM

Hi

Adding NBC Sports Network to La Conexion will be much appreciated by many customers who love to watch Soccer. Since EPL has largest number of viewers and next season it will be boardcasted by NBC, Verizon should quickly adjust their channel setting and provide it for La Conexion customers too.  Yes NBC  is for all subscribers except La Conexion so why not add it for them too?

Thanks

by uglyrose on ‎05-06-2013 06:25 PM

Any word from Verizon about NBC Sports Network being offered to La Conexion customers too? Its all about EPL from August so trying to send some alarm to Verizon about the issue.

Thanks

by gdub312 on ‎05-24-2013 12:44 PM

Hi,

I have a Fios TV package which includes NBC Sports, however whenever I try to login with my Verizon Fios account info, i get a message saying I cannot connect because I do not have access to the golf HD package even though I am not trying to watch a golf program (trying to watch motocross). Would this be a Verizon issue, NBC Sports Live Extra issue, or do I just not have access even though I have the channel as part of my package?

by uglyrose on ‎05-26-2013 10:31 AM

@Healther_Wilner Would you please kindly provide some information, if NBC sports will be offered in Sports Package or not? NBC is going to be major sporting channel for Soccer fans from August 2013, since i have La Connexion package i do not have NBC, many customer like me will be sad to left out of EPL if we do not get NBC, so either NBC sould be included in La Connexion also or there must be a way to get NBC sports channels as a sports package or some like that. All other package carry NBC why not La Connexion ? Please create a soccer package with BEIN, NBC and FOX that will help huge number of soccer fans.

Thanks

by davidbilly on ‎06-05-2013 03:41 PM

Hi,

I have the same issue as gdub312 when trying to watch NHL games. After login, I get a error saying subscription to the Golf Channel is required...

by faeasjepardo on ‎07-25-2013 07:18 PM

I have directv through Verizon Triple play. Will I as a Verizon customer have access to this aswell?

by SpursfanNY on ‎08-17-2013 06:57 AM

it should be added that you will not be able to actually use this app unless you have either the Ultimate HD or the Extreme HD plans. Because if you do not have access to the Golf Channel - you will simply be refused login.

I dont give a rat's **bleep** about golf! I just want to watch Premier League Soccer, and it is incredibly annoying that Prime HD subscribers - which actually includes NBC Sport - are not able to use this app! FIX IT!!! AND FIX IT NOW!!!!

by bespokegatsby on ‎08-17-2013 10:19 AM

Please fix the access to the NBC Live Sports Extra app for iOS/Android.

I believe many subscribers are getting the "Golf Channel" error when they are trying to access ANY NBC sports content. 

by richwiss on ‎08-17-2013 09:54 PM

I have the same problem as bespokegatsby, SpursfanNY, davidbilly, and gdub32. I want to watch soccer. Why are you checking to see if I have the Golf Channel and saying I'm trying to watch a premium golf event?

by nicksmith381 ‎08-19-2013 04:20 PM - edited ‎08-19-2013 04:27 PM

Same as the above posters, I am having the same problem using the iOS app.  When I try and access the Premier League live content it tells me I cannot because I do not have a Golf Channel subscription.  I am not trying to watch the Golf Channel, I am trying to watch the Premier League which should be available with a TV subscription that includes NBC Sports.  I have NBC Sports with my Prime HD package therefore should have access to this content.  This is extremely frustrating as I recently upgraded my cable package specifically for access to this content, only to be blocked.  If Verizon does not fix this within the next 30 days I will be paying my contract termination fee and swtiching to Comcast.

by nicksmith381 ‎08-19-2013 04:25 PM - edited ‎08-19-2013 04:25 PM

Here is an image of the error message I receive.  Again, this is received when trying to access the PREMIER LEAGUE content, which I should have access to via my Prime HD subscription..

nbcsports_error.jpg

by nicksmith381 on ‎08-24-2013 01:08 PM

I am happy to report it looks like Verizon has fixed the issue. I am now able to view the content I am paying for.  Thank you FIOS!

by blagger on ‎09-16-2013 02:47 PM

6s play, 1s buffer, 6s play, 1s buffer, 6s play, 1s buffer

This is unwatchable

Windows 8, quad-core, 15MBit down connection

UGH

by tybraxx on ‎03-25-2014 04:34 PM
This is some serious **bleep**. I can't access a streaming app for a network I receive because Verizon feels as though I'm not spending enough money. I've been a Fios customer for years now but this is unacceptable. I WILL be canceling me Fios service because of this.
Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411