Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

New Disney Junior Channel Makes FiOS TV Even More Enjoyable For Younger Viewers

by on ‎03-29-2012 12:50 PM

Disney Jr.jpgMy kids love their TV time. My three-year-old watches the clock because he knows we’ll let him turn on one of his favorite shows as soon as it’s 5 p.m.

Most days, that means we’re checking the DVR for our favorite Disney Junior shows, like Little Einsteins. Lucky for FiOS TV customers with children or young relatives, Disney Junior is now a full time, 24/7 channel!

This week, Disney launched the 24-hour network, which is aimed at families with children between the ages of two and seven. The programming has been appearing as a block on the Disney Channel for a while, but now gets its very own spot on the lineup. Kids can find familiar shows like Handy Manny along with new programs like Doc McStuffins, which just premiered. Make sure to check that one out – in its series launch, Doc McStuffins ranked as Disney’s #1 weekday series debut of all time among kids 2-5 and became the #1 most-watched preschool series launch in cable TV history among adults 18-49!

FiOS TV customers can find Disney Junior on channel 260.

With the addition of this fan favorite, FiOS TV becomes even better for kids. In addition to programming like this from Disney Junior, viewers get all of the great video-on-demand options as well as online shows from Nickelodeon and others with FiOS TV Online.

Did you know that FiOS TV offers more children’s channels than cable? There is certainly more than enough to keep your little ones learning and amused with good-fashioned video programming when they aren’t reading or playing.

Take a look at the video-on-demand lineup to see everything we have  available for kids. And check out FiOS TV Online as well – a great option, especially when you’re traveling and only have access to your computer and an Internet connection.

We hope you enjoy all that Disney Junior has to offer. I, myself, will be joining my kids later to check out Doc McStuffins, as well as some old favorites like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Comments
by krisasmith on ‎03-29-2012 03:41 PM

When will the HD channel be available.

by on ‎03-30-2012 10:44 AM
If the HD version of Disney Jr is added before BBCA-HD, Cartoon-HD, H2- HD, GOL-HD, etc. you're going to have A LOT of UNHAPPY customers on your hands.
by on ‎03-30-2012 02:23 PM

We're working on adding more HD channels this year. I'll make sure to let readers know when any new channels are added.

by robgettier on ‎04-11-2012 05:42 PM
This is great. But why no HD? All of these shows were available in HD on Disney channel. This is a step back.
by fabelman on ‎04-13-2012 08:50 PM

I think its terrible that this channel is NOT broadcast in HD....  additionally the current SD channel has horrible resolution.  Bad move on Disney and verizon.  Already sent complaint to disney..  Why would a new channel even allow an SD broadcast?

by on ‎04-18-2012 09:40 AM

Honestly, do THREE year olds really care whether the channel is in HD or not!??!?!?!?!  :smileyindifferent:

by cimi73 on ‎04-30-2012 11:11 AM

????? no gol tv HD no fox deprt.. HD  .........

by Peppertye on ‎05-15-2012 02:14 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney Jr.  It's a super channel! My kid and I love it.  The best shows for children.  The Octonauts is my sons new favorite, over Curious George even!  I love that he learns about sea life and enjoys the characters so much.  Doc McStuffins is another really good show that teaches kids to help each other, and not be afraid of doctors, it also teaches them to look for reasons why their toys stopped working.  Not just throw them away. Super kid friendly.  Thank you for putting this and Sprout in our Cable line up!! LOVE THEM!:heart::smileyhappy:

by Daisy2012 on ‎07-21-2012 09:50 AM

Having moved from Cablevision which had everything in HD, having Disney Jr. and Nick Jr. in SD is a real let down. This may be a deal breaker for me as not only does Verizon have less channels in HD, but I don't like that I have to go to the 500 channel lineup to watch in HD. Cablevision had every channel in HD from Channel 02 on up. 

by sking on ‎11-20-2012 08:08 PM

when will verizon make streaming of the disney channel available to mobile devices like comcast does. the watch disney app says that verizon does not support this yet

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411