Customers With Disabilities

Reading Service Relies on Verizon to Broadcast Free News

by Employee on ‎11-28-2009 02:03 PM

radiosmaller.PNGPeople expect good customer service, but when a company goes the extra mile it can mean keeping a customer for life, especially when the service is critical to the customer.

For a small organization on Cape Cod in Massachusetts that serves the visually impaired, reliable service from Verizon is essential.

Audible Local Ledger  - an affiliate of the Massachusetts Reading Service - operates over closed-circuit radio stations and uses Verizon High Speed Internet service to connect with the towers of local radio stations.  The Ledger is a small non profit organization that relies completely on Verizon to assure that daily news and items of interest from local publications are carried to listeners.

Sherry Bergeron, executive director of Audible Local Ledger says, "Verizon has been great to us.  If I have a problem with broadcasting, the Verizon support techs for our radio circuits have given me their cell phone numbers - they work with me on a first name basis.  They help me resolve issues on my end."

And there's something else Sherry likes about doing business with Verizon - Business Links Rewards.  This program offers Verizon customers the opportunity to accrue points based on each dollar spent with us that can be redeemed for a variety of premiums including gift cards for a number of national retailers.  In Sherry's case, she uses the points to purchase office supplies.

"The Business Links Rewards program has been very helpful to me.  This is a small operation with a small monthly budget, so I use the points to shop at Staples and get all the basics I need for my office."

The Audible Local Ledger brings important programming to residents of Southeastern Massachusetts, and Verizon is happy to be their partner every day they broadcast.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bill Kula

Director -- Media Relations

Photo of Bill Kula

Bill oversees the Verizon telecom customer experience, consumer bundles, DSL, e-commerce and small business. He helps customers learn about efficient ways to manage their Verizon services.

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools