Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Spotlight Magazine Shines a Light on FiOS Content

by on ‎06-30-2010 03:05 PM

1229i0E20F313627C20CCIf you’re a FiOS triple play customer, you may have noticed something new in the mail from Verizon: the Spotlight Magazine.  Earlier this year we started offering this bimonthly publication that offers a look at the hottest content available on FiOS.

Each issue includes a look into Video on Demand, premium content and a two-page content calendar featuring big premieres and other events.  In the July-August issue, this includes the pay-per-view UFC Lesnar vs. Carwin event on Saturday, July 3 at 10 p.m. ET; the movie “Bounty Hunter” with Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler on Tuesday, July 13; the EPIX free preview on channels 395 (SD) and 895 (HD) July 16-18; and the July 27 premiere of chef Gordon Ramsey’s newest show “Master Chef.”

You’ll also get an insider’s look at various features and channels.  The latest issue, for example, includes a look at FiOS TV’s summer sports action with the WWE SummerSlam and the PGA Tour, as well as a look at high tech help for protecting your PC.

Sometimes we’re lucky enough to get an exclusive interview with an actor, musician or athlete.  The July-August issue includes an interview with WWE Superstar The Miz, better known to MTV fans as Mike from “The Real World: Back to New York.”  Back in March we featured an interview with actress Toni Collette, who stars in the hit Showtime series “United States of Tara.”  Missed it?  You can catch that and the rest of the March-April issue here.

Keep a look out this week for the July-August issue, which also includes some exciting information about the Disney Camp Rock: The Final Jam movie and tour.  And let us know what else you’d like to see covered in the Spotlight Magazine.

Comments
by on ‎06-30-2010 06:59 PM

I have never gotten this magazine and I am a triple play customer. How do I get it?

by on ‎06-30-2010 09:37 PM

I have never seen this either, First I have heard of it. Triple Play too.

by on ‎07-01-2010 08:57 AM

Is this free or a subscription magazine?  First I'm hearing of it too.....

by on ‎07-02-2010 11:09 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.  If you are not getting the Spotlight Magazine you can sign up for a copy at  www.verizon.com/spotlight

by Gold Contributor VII on ‎07-04-2010 03:03 PM

@

What if an user is on DSL - Can they get this Magazine too?

Please and thanks.

by on ‎07-05-2010 02:06 PM

Heather

Is this a free publication?

Perhaps this is why. Directly from the sign up page.  www.verizon.com/spotlight.

"*Spotlight Magazine delivery is available only to FiOS TV subscribers in  TX, MA, PA, DE, NJ, NY, MD, VA, CA, FL, RI, DC.  You must have entered a valid account number to receive the magazine. Customers on Verizon's Do Not Solicit list will not be eligible to receive the magazine. If you are unsure whether you are on the list, please call 1-800-VERIZON to find out."

by on ‎07-06-2010 04:04 PM

Thanks for all the interest in Spotlight magazine. FiOS TV subscribers can have hard copies delivered free, but anyone can view it online.

Heather

by on ‎07-08-2010 06:54 PM

I received one issue a few months ago but that was it 

by nomdsgreen on ‎01-10-2011 04:25 PM

Sorry to post a negative comment, but there seems to be a Verizon policy against providing any contact information for criticism. Specifically, the JAN/FEB 2011 issue stinks, literally! The odor is disgusting, worse than the inside of a Town Fair Tire store, and ought to be classified in the same category as cheap polyester carpeting and plastic shower curtain liners. I suspect it's the ink. Please remove me from the mailing list.

by on ‎01-11-2011 08:26 PM

nomdsgreen,

Sorry for the  problems with your issue of Spotlight magazine..  I'm going to send you a private message, so please look for it.

Heather

by HollyJack on ‎03-19-2011 01:12 PM

Heather,

I have started receiving Spotlight magazine and I would like to unsubscrible. How can I do this?

Thanks

by on ‎03-21-2011 08:30 AM

HollyJack,

Please send me a Private Message here in the Verizon Community Forums with your name and address, and I will ask the team to stop your delivery.

Heather

by jomc on ‎05-03-2011 01:35 PM

The May/June 2011 issue is not suitable to be mailed into the homes of decent people.  The covers are trashy and and indicative of a total lack of sensitivity to the exposure of course content to children and others who find such garbage offensive.  I pay enough for your overpriced and exploitive services without having to regularly face the fact that I am also forced to subsidize such vulgar advertising.  Please remove me from your mailing list. 

by Employee on ‎05-03-2011 05:20 PM

jomc,

Please send me a Private Message here in the Verizon Community Forums with your name and address, and I'll ask the team to stop your free delivery.

by kbar on ‎01-02-2012 01:44 PM

Opting out of spotlight mag.  Perhaps others find the content in Spotlight valuable, but in my opinion it's not worth the trees that were cut down for it. I wish there was an easy way to opt-out of the publication (or that it contained something of value to me).  It would be nice if there was an "opt-out" of Spotlight option on the my account page.  I tried calling customer service, but they couldn't help me out.

by on ‎01-02-2012 02:04 PM
by ray7520 on ‎03-15-2013 10:43 PM

how can i subscribe to getting the spotlight on fios magazine delivered, I have looked all over the website and can't find the option to enroll.

by Chinalady on ‎04-30-2013 06:48 PM

Why does Verizon discriminate by not giving Spotlight Fios to everyone?

by jpags on ‎06-29-2013 10:11 AM

This magazine is nothing but a giant ad for Fio's premiun On Demand stuff. 14 pages of previews for On demand that you pay extra for, and 2 pages of previews for shows and movies on channels such as HBO, Cinemax Showtime etc. When I get mine, I toss it right in the garbage.

by vasam on ‎07-02-2013 09:52 PM

I don't understand why I need an app to see what movies are available for Friday movie night at $2.99.  I would think the Spotlight on Fios magazine would be a great place to provide that information.  I vote you put it in the magazine.

by jezz on ‎08-30-2013 12:25 PM

Hi, how do I sign up for the hard copy Spotlight Magazines? I have been asking and calling the customer services for few months since my subscription to Verizon Fios but till now, I do not receive any. Many thanks.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411