Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Tennis Channel Returns to FiOS

by ‎01-17-2012 12:23 PM - edited ‎01-17-2012 02:10 PM

TTC_logo.jpgGood news for all you tennis fans out there! Tennis Channel is returning to the FiOS TV lineup, starting today.

As most of you know, Verizon has been working hard on behalf of our FiOS customers to reach a new agreement with Tennis Channel. Until this past September, we were able to make the channel available through its affiliation with the National Cable Television Cooperative. But when the NCTC and Tennis Channel entered into a new agreement in September, that meant we needed to reach a new agreement as well. 

Tennis Channel launched today for FiOS TV customers in Texas, Florida, California, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and upstate New York, and will be in all FiOS markets by tomorrow (Jan. 18). It’s available on FiOS TV channels 303 (SD) and 592 (HD) for all customers who previously had access and to any customers now who subscribe to the Ultimate HD package or one of the premium sports packages.

In addition to the Australian Open, which is featured on Tennis Channel right now, you’ll also get to watch tennis’ other three major Grand Slam competitions and just about every other tournament on the men’s and women’s professional circuits, including the U.S. Open.

As always, we thank our customers for your patience and understanding. We’ll continue to work hard on your behalf to make your favorite programming a part of the FiOS TV offering.

Comments
by on ‎01-17-2012 12:32 PM

Don't forget it launched in Delaware too! (We always seem to get forgotten).

by on ‎01-17-2012 02:11 PM

Sorry about that! Blog has been corrected.

by wlt324 on ‎01-17-2012 02:19 PM

Just curious before I go and cancel my service because I can no longer take seeing the Rangers in SD are you going to put up MSG2 anytime soon, I've waited 2 years and for this to be half assed the way it has is unacceptable?

by nickmil on ‎01-17-2012 04:54 PM
Heather, does this apply to former Verizon, now Frontier FIOS customers? I certainly hope so.
by on ‎01-17-2012 08:41 PM

@nickmil  Sorry, but that's a question you'll have to ask Frontier. They coordinate their channel lineup.

@wlt324  I don't have a specific date just yet.

by Prosecutor on ‎01-17-2012 09:11 PM

Is Tennis Channel now part of the basic package insted of premium sports? I was orginally sold a package that was supposed to contain Tennis Channel, but then it didn't, so I was upgraded to premium sports, only to lose the channel during the "hiatus." Will there be any amends made to those of us who (im)patiently waited rather than switching to DirectTV?

by on ‎01-18-2012 10:48 AM

@Prosecutor  Tennis Channel returns to any packages in which it was previously included. If you don't see it on your lineup and you believe it was part of your package, send me a DM with your account info and I can ask a colleague to check on it for you. 

by firebolt on ‎01-18-2012 11:43 AM

No change for Frontier FIOS customers in Washington

by PJW on ‎01-18-2012 07:00 PM

I had Extreme HD which included the Tennis Channel and then the Tennis Channel was discontinued.  In September I was advised that my package was being discontinued, so I had to change my package. I still have the Extreme HD.  Per the above, if I had access to the Tennis channel before it was discontinued, I would have access now. Of course I don't  have access and I was advised that the package I now have does not include the Tennis Channel. So either the above is not correct or what  I was told by the customer service rep was not correct.  This is very misleading and poor customer service.

by jhey on ‎01-18-2012 09:46 PM

Somewhat similar to PJW, I chose the Extreme HD plan (when I moved from Charter this month) assuming that, like its competitors, Verizon would include Tennis Channel (when it returned) in that standard second-tier package -- as indeed it had done previously.  But, alas, in the now-resolved "dispute", the company has apparently caught whiff of a potential new nickel-and-dime for my bill...

by on ‎01-19-2012 10:11 AM

Tennis Channel was part of the Extreme package in 2009 and prior years. If you subscribed to Extreme after 2009, Tennis Channel would only be found in the Ultimate package or the premium sports packages.

@PJW -- if you still think Tennis Channel should be part of your package, DM me your info and I'll have a colleague look into it for you.

by funksobruva on ‎01-20-2012 12:11 PM
Sounds great, BUT! It doesn't show up in my TV listing. It doesn't show up in my online TV listing (when I login to Verizon.com). Neither 303 nor 592 are visible, or available options. I phoned Verizon for help, and they were unable to tell me anything. They confirmed that I had "Extreme Sports" or whatever, and that I should be able to watch it. They apologized. I just don't understand what I'm paying for. I've been having so many small issues (VOD quality that's not at all HD, but paying $1 more for the HD rental). This is terrible.
by Miffed1 on ‎03-21-2012 02:57 PM

This is a lie. I had the channel in a 7.99 sports package back in september. They canceled the tennis channel and now that they have added it back they tell me they want 14.99 for the same package. So they basically cancelled the channel so they could double the price. I spoke with a rep who said they could give me the channel for 9.99 which would have been acceptible but then a manager said this was not "compatible" with my current package. But for 14.99 suddenly it magically becomes "compatible". I feel like I just spent an hour arguing with used car salesmen and I still have no Tennis Channel :smileysad:.

by HasMD on ‎04-21-2013 11:54 AM

Hello Heather & Verizon Team, Many of your Tennis fan subscribers were excited after you restored the Tennis Channel when you posted your blog. However, since then, Verizon has made it progressively harder for your subscribers to enjoy this channel! Initially, it was available as part of a $7.99/month package, later it was to eb included in a $9.99/month package but when I ordered, they increased the price to $14.99/month for the Sports Package that contained the Tennis Channel. That was expensive for those of us who just want the Tennis Channel (and not the othe channels in that $15/month package) but at least it was not exorbitant. Now, I found out that, contrary to your blog, the Tennis Chanel is NOT being offered in ANY Sports Package and the ONLY way to get it is to pay about $40/month (after taxes & fees) to upgrade from Prime HD to Ultimate HD. This is akin to highway robbery! Please tell your colleagues at Verizon to rectify this quickly or you will be doing a disservice to your customers. Thanks!

by paulold on ‎05-20-2013 12:03 PM

I am quickly losing respect for Verizon. I too noticed that my Tennis Channel stopped working. And after lengthy phone calls with customer service staff who seemed clueless, I finally learned that tennis channel was removed from the packages I had. And that the only way I could get it back would be to upgrade to Ultimate HD, which is Verizon's most expensive package, containing channels I don't want/need. All I want is the Tennis Channel. For me, since I have some older Extreme HD package and an older internet speed, I would also have to upgrade other things in order to get the Ultimate HD. So, the bottom line was, without warning Verizon took my Tennis Channel away even though I was already paying for it and if I want it back, I have to agree to spending $58 dollars more a month. No channel is worth $58 dollars a month. This is just a ridiculous money game that Verizon and Tennis Channel are playing at the customers' expense. Verizon will blame Tennis Channel and vice versa. It's ridiculous and I am seriously thinking about switching to another company. It's really absurd. Verizon = Greed.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements