Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Thinking About 3D TV? Verizon Has Helpful Resources

by ‎12-02-2010 02:34 PM - edited ‎12-02-2010 02:35 PM

small_3dtv.JPG

3D TV—do you remember when this technology seemed like light years away? Well, that’s not the case any more, and with prices dropping, more and more of you are adopting 3D.

Citing two research firms, IPTVNews reports that sales of 3D TVs are growing. Interest in 3DTV has more than doubled since January 2010 according to Infogroup/ORC, a global market research group. Additionally, Futuresource Consulting is predicting that global sales of 3DTVs will exceed 4 million this year. Futuresource also predicts that more than 5 million 3DTVs are expected to be sold next year in the US.

Will you be one of the millions purchasing a 3D television set?

If so, Verizon’s Room to Learn has some helpful information about 3D TV. Learn about 3D TV technologies, products, and offerings and the benefits of watching TV in 3D. The site also has a checklist of everything you’ll need to watch 3D content in your home.

FiOS customers interested in adding your new 3D TV to your FiOS service can go to Verizon’s video library for a step-by-step guide.  Once connected, you’ll need an HD set-top box and 3D glasses to view content in 3D.

And, FiOS TV customers who already own a 3D television set can check out some of our 3D titles in the video-on-demand folder. Look for “Browse All” and “High Definition” to find the 3D listings. Last month, we introduced eight VOD movies available to FiOS TV customers across the country. And there are more on the way. Check back here for updates.

Comments
by on ‎12-02-2010 08:34 PM

Now if there were a way to view 3D and none 3D for the same content, that would be helpful. Like HD and Non HD. Perhaps I am missing something. I for one will not be buying 3D anytime soon. It is not in the budget. So I hope 3D does not take away from the HD experience. Like we are dropping all the West coast feeds to provide X number of 3D channels I cannot view. In my opinion if a channel is available in HD we should have it, prior to adding 3D channels that we can not use without a new TV.

by on ‎12-02-2010 08:35 PM

Fix this blog so we can edit OUR postings please.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎12-03-2010 05:39 PM

Prisaz-

Thanks for the post in Idea Exchange on this. We've got a case into Lithium on it.

Doug

by rpdcqd on ‎12-31-2010 07:29 PM

Please provide an update on the status of ESPN 3d content (and other channels).   There was a press release, but no further data except "in the new year".   The BCS championship game is being broadcast in 3d by ESPN and several of your competitors will carry it.   If FIOS is truly the premier content provider, then they should not be outclassed by Direct TV and others.  

by coneinc on ‎01-04-2011 01:03 PM

OK Verizon it is time to add 3d channels .espn 3d good for starters, 3d net when it launches .plus you keep your costumers in the dark about what's new plus you need to put some time frames. If I go to direct TV they mention there 3d TV plans plus they have espn 3d all ready.i love my fios but verizon is bad about keeping people that pay good money each month what is going on

by coneinc on ‎01-04-2011 01:11 PM

and add other 3d channels as they become avaliable .

by on ‎01-04-2011 02:58 PM

rpdcqd and coneinc,

We are updating our customers about new 3D content via the Verizon at Home blog and will continue to do so. We don't have a launch date to share for ESPN 3D yet, but you can continue to check the blog for more information.

Heather

by timg24 on ‎01-05-2011 12:13 AM

Is Verizon not going to carry the BCS championship in 3D? 

by on ‎01-05-2011 08:36 PM

timg24,

Since we don't have a launch date to share for ESPN 3D yet, you're correct.

Heather

by donaldm823 on ‎01-12-2011 09:29 AM

It seems Verizon is becoming more like Comcast every day by not adhering to a customer focus.  One of the reasons I shifted from Comcast to FIOS was due to Comcast not taking care of their customers, ignoring please for improvements and continual cost raising.  Now VZ, is ignoring please on 3D.  We all know the ESPN 3D contract was signed, but one of the biggest events in 3D (BCS football) is not broadcast by Verizon.  Hey Verizon, Comcast braodcasted it.

Verizon, you will be losing costomers if you do not improve your costomer focus.  Communication is the key.  Give some 3D timelines.  Stop giving us generic answers and hogwash!!

by Tika on ‎08-18-2013 09:41 AM

I have 3D Viision on my PC and 3D Sony Bravia TV and Blue Ray player, and a Pioneer Rcvr on both to have Rich 3D and Audio for all around entertainment.

With DSL having a 3D Stream is out of the question. But the 3D content on Blue Ray is there though costly.

Really would love to have FiOS in Kingsland TX  a little wanna be town someplace west of Austin TX

Dreams of a good entertainment value, a rich Data Connection and cappless streams of Movies, Games and Music a full entertainment package to share with Friends with a Dinner and a Movie or a Concert streamed days weeks after it was performed and appeared as Live as the Day it was performed.

Guess little Wanna Be towns like Kingsland TX are left out :womanwink: 3D Vison on my PC 3D on my Bravia TV and Blue Ray, no it's here it's now its ON in 3D but when?? What?? The Data is out there, Gamers all do some REAL 3D Vision and Entertainment Users want their 3D on the TV or Blue Ray. Why not have it everywhere, the Active 3D is best, yes you have to Charge the Device too use it, but it lasts at least 12 to 15 movies.

3D is here in a Sun Glasses look, and well its really nice. If you have ever used 3D do you find yourself looking around the inside corner of your TV thinking something has to be there!!!!?

I love my 3D and Would Love to have FiOS at around the same costs I am paying for my HSI DSL now.

Being on a Fixed income Disability makes things need too be Reasonably cost and user ready.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411