Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

This Thanksgiving, We’re Thankful for FiOS

by Employee on ‎11-17-2009 10:33 AM

football.JPGWith Thanksgiving just around the corner, we're thinking about the food, family and - of course - football.  What would the holiday be without zoning out in front of a bunch of games as you digest a great meal?   

At our house, six guys and three girls, trust me, we'll be in front of the FiOS TV checking out the great football picture and all the stuff FiOS does that cable can't.

Like the NFL RedZone channel and RedZone Widget.  Watching the RedZone keeps you posted in real time by switching from game to game as teams enter their opponent's turkey.JPG20-yard line.  With seven weeks to go in the season, Verizon is cutting the price of the NFL RedZone channel to $29.99 for the remaining games.  So, if you haven't seen the channel yet, this is too good to pass up.  And, unlike some cablecos, we have NFL RedZone channel in both HD and SD.  With FiOS, you get the Pro Football Widget that alerts RedZone subscribers whenever a team is moving inside the 20-yard line. The Widget also lets you check up on the latest NFL team player stats, scores and news, and, it's great even if you don' subscribe to the RedZone channel.

If you have a Fantasy Football team, you need to stay on top of player stats.  Anyone registered with ESPN Fantasy Football online can use Verizon's Fantasy Football Widget on FiOS TV to get personalized ESPN Fantasy Football points and football stats that include box scores, scoring leaders, rosters and player information. It's all to the minute, so you keep posted while the games are on. 

ESPN360  is available at no additional charge to Verizon broadband customers and includes live college football games featuring the nation's top teams, as well as replays of those games from previous weeks.  On Thanksgiving evening, ESPN360 carries the Texas vs. Texas A&M game, one of the holiday's big college rivalries.

With FiOS, there are more ways than ever to enjoy sports, and the Thanksgiving holiday is a terrific time to check it all out.  See you at the game.

Comments
by jhatton1980 on ‎11-17-2009 11:31 AM

I have to say I would enjoy the games a lot more if the Fios interface was easy to use and navigate.  It's SO bad!

I'll  keep mentioning the problems that everyone - literally every Fios customer I know - complains about.-p/85730

You mention watching games - plural.  Why does Verizon make it so awkward for me to try and watch two games at the same time?

I want to put on FOX and CBS. When the FOX game goes to commercials i want to pause it and switch to CBS. When CBS goes to commercials I want to pause it, switch back to FOX and find that it is still paused where I left it. This would make watching two shows so much easier. Please change how tuner switching works.

If I record a game so I can go play with the family, I should easily be able to jump into the game and catch up on key parts. If I want to jump to the third quarter, there should be 'tick marks' that let me jump far into the recording.   Instead, FIOS makes me Fast Forward through the entire recording.  For a 3 hour game this is very tedious. 

An don't get me started on the awkward Guide display.  It's so hard to scroll with the giant row in the middle.

The list goes on - see them all here:
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/More-Interactive-Features-Now-Available-for-FiOS-TV-s/b...

by wx27 on ‎11-17-2009 12:40 PM
I agree it would be nice to have a way to jump forward to certain points in a recording. Time Warner's DVR allowed jumps to each 15 minute point. A workaround is to set the SKIP button to advance by +5min intervals, but I prefer to keep that button set for +30sec. My FIOS DVR (7216) does allow for pausing, switching channels, pausing, switching back, and resuming from where I left off. This works when I swap channels using the LAST button.
by on ‎12-03-2009 08:00 PM

Comcast uses Page Up and Page Down to skip 10 minutes ahead and back while watching a recorded program.  Please add this to the IMG.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements