Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Two New HD Channels on FiOS TV

by ‎07-19-2010 09:49 AM - edited ‎07-19-2010 09:49 AM

1295iF87A30A328E3E5E5Many of you have asked about bringing new HD channels to the FiOS TV lineup.  FiOS TV now offers up to 142 HD channels depending on your market and more than 3,300 HD video-on-demand titles every month, and we’re happy to tell you about two new HD channels today.

Last week we launched Investigation Discovery HD.  Now on channel 623, the popular investigation network offers viewers the chance to see Paula  Zahn explore various crime mysteries in “On The Case” or meet up with the Indianapolis police department’s homicide detectives in “The Shift.”

If you’re more of a nature buff, tune to channel 632, now host to Nat Geo WILD HD.  If you haven’t checked out this new channel yet, definitely take some time to see the extraordinary nature and wildlife programming that Nat Geo WILD offers.  Tonight’s shows include “Insect Wars” and “Python Hunters: The Perfect Storm.”  This new channel is already available to FiOS TV customers in Maryland and Virginia and will be in all FiOS markets by the end of the week.

We know there are other HD channels you’d like to see, and we’ll continue to update you here about any new content coming to FiOS – that includes last week’s launch of WealthTV’s new 3D program on VOD.  If you’ve got a 3D TV set and 3D glasses at home, take a look at this new program.  Let us know here or on Twitter what you think of that as well as these newest 3D channels.

Comments
by STUBLUE on ‎07-19-2010 10:20 AM

i DONT GET CHANNEL 632 ON MY SET. WHATS UP WITH THAT?

by tw9jd5 on ‎07-19-2010 12:20 PM

this is an epic failure by Verizon FIos....

ID HD but not Tru TV in HD ????  They play the same 4 shows on ID over and over....who cares???

Nat Geo HD WLD? That will go great with the 10 other nature-based HD channels we already have...

instead of worying about 3D, try bringing your HD content up to date with your competition??!??!?!?

by Ian81 on ‎07-19-2010 12:36 PM

Great! Very useful channels...... NOT.

How about getting FSC HD and FSC+ HD, I am very certain there is more demand for those 2 channels than the 2 new channels combined, by a longggggggggggg way. Lets see pre season friendly's, watch on ESPN HD or FSC SD........ the difference is ridiculous, specially given we just experienced the world cup in HD!!!!!

by on ‎07-19-2010 02:12 PM

STUBLUE,

Channel 632 is already available in Maryland and Virginia, and will be added in other FiOS TV markets this week.  If you're not in Maryland or Virginia, check again later this week to see if you have it.

Heather

by on ‎07-19-2010 02:27 PM

tw9Jd5 and Ian81,

Thanks for letting us know which HD channels you'd like to see on FiOS TV.  We've consistently led the way with HD, offering up to 142 HD channels -- more than any of our cable competitors -- but we know that some customers would like us to carry HD channels that aren't currently in the lineup.  We'll continue to look at the channels you mention and others, so it's good to have your feedback.

Heather

by Fortran on ‎07-19-2010 02:52 PM

You'd like to know channels? Okay:

BBC America HD

BBC World News HD

E! HD

Univision HD

Telemundo HD

NASA TV HD (Just plain NASA TV...it's a FREE channel, ya know?)

G4 HD

CNN International HD

Cartoon Network HD

and just about any foreign channel in HD. Heck, I'll campaign for here! and Playboy in HD if they exist!

by on ‎07-19-2010 03:56 PM

Here are my channels and we all know

MSG HD (Pending DC Courts Decision )

MSG + HD (Pending DC Courts Decision )

FIOS 1 NY City Including Staten Island

FIOS 1 NY City HD , Including Staten Island

Staten Island PEG Channels on 33 and 38

Eliminate the Brooklyn PEG from STaten Island 42-45

Then FIOS TV and my Rest of my QUAD Play is Set in Stone, heck itll take 5 years to get ONE BILL with my Quantities. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and requesting of their OWN SD and HD Channels.

by rrosetta on ‎07-19-2010 05:39 PM

I live in New Jersey NOT New York OR Philadelphia. I don't care about getting their news.  I was supposed to get FIOS 1 - and have JUST New Jersey news - but i don't have it.  I have called up repeatedly about it with no  explanation as to why I do not get the Verizon New Jersey news channel in Toms River.  It seems other places within New Jersey get it - and I know you have covered events at Six Flags Great Adventure.  Where is the New JERSEY news?  Instead I have to watch NJN - which is only Monday - Friday with a half hour broadcast or watching News 12 online.

As with BillyMets - i would like to see MSG HD - because I can not get the New JERSEY Devils in HD currently because they are only broadcast on the New YORK sports channels - primarily MSG. Maybe you can work out a deal with the New Jersey Devils to air the games - although I know that would be a long shot with the exclusive deals they probably have worked out with New York centric sports networks.  MSG will preempt a Devils game - like they did last year for a lousy Rangers game - even broadcasting the Rangers on ALL THREE of their stations.

by Gus_Gutz on ‎07-19-2010 09:44 PM

Now if you could get rid of the .TV channels that show nothing but paid programming, there would be more room for channels people really watch.

by spotsydavis on ‎07-20-2010 01:32 PM

Great to have two additional channels as well as MASN2 in my area.  Would very, very much like to see these added:

BBC America HD

HLN HD

CBS College Sports HD (with football season approaching this is a must)

Fox Soccer Channel HD (not a soccer fan but there are millions who are and it would reduce the flooding of your inbox considerably)

Hallmark Channel HD

RFDTV HD

History International HD

I, like a lot of other subscribers, find little to no value in the .tv channels being offered on my HD tier.  They tend to broadcast in a repetitive loop. If bandwidth/space is truly an issue for adding new HD channels, then Fios should seriously consider dumping these channels to add some of the channels above or other frequently requested channels (E! HD, Cartoon Network HD, etc.). I'll bet  you wouldn't get 10 people complaining about the loss of the .tv channels.

by on ‎07-20-2010 02:07 PM

I'm still waiting for MASN2 HD. It's nice to see that new HD channels are being added, and I will never advocate for removal of any channels just because I may not watch it, but I'm getting very frustrated by all the vagueness from Verizon about this. Last week, my hopes were lifted and immediately dashed when I found out I was in the "rest of the region" that was left out. Now, it's like they're holding a carrot in front of me, telling us "we're working on it" just like I've heard since April when every other provider besides Verizon launched MASN2 HD. They might add it tomorrow, or in the middle of September. No one will say.

In response to one of the posts above, I think NY1 is produced by one of the NYC cable giants, and they will not let Verizon carry it. The only thing Verizon can fight to get through the FCC are sports channels, since their content is exclusive and cannot be duplicated. Verizon is on its own there with FiOS1.

by on ‎07-20-2010 03:54 PM

rrosetta,

Sorry you haven't been able to get information about FiOS1 in New Jersey. Unfortunately, Toms River isn't in the geographic area served by FiOS1.  Our FiOS1 New Jersey channel is available to FiOS TV customers in parts of nine northern New Jersey counties: Bergen, Hudson, Essex, Morris, Middlesex, Monmouth, Somerset, Passaic and Union.  We also have FiOS1 channels that serve Long Island and the Washington, D.C. metro area.  I hope this gives you the explanation you've been looking for.

Heather

by Ian81 on ‎07-20-2010 04:25 PM

Heather,

Thank you for answering my post. I would like to know if you could get an update on FSC HD and FSC + HD, a few month backs we were told negotiations were ongoing. All providers now carry FSC HD except Direct TV which I believe they will be adding it soon. Even COX now has it, which is a viable alternative for me come the start of the EPL. Could you try and get a status update?

by on ‎07-20-2010 04:37 PM

Heather : I speak for NY and NJ. New Jersey has been having FIOS TV way longer than NYC has and its time for the State of New Jersey to get FIOS 1 . Verizon is letting News 12 take over  , by not having FIOS 1 take over the State . Also what is the NY City Update on this, same thing goes for News 12 in Brooklyn, Bronx and Upstate NY , goes for NY 1 in Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan. By not offering in the NY / NJ Metro Area , FIOS 1 Channel, Its clearly known that News 12 and NY 1 are easily beating this , until Verizon gets its State / County ./ Town News Channels rolling. I heard  last that FIOS 1 Channel is NOT Coming to NY City at all now, after hearing it was supposed to be here in the Fall .

by on ‎07-20-2010 04:40 PM

June 22 2009 FIOS 1 Long Island and North NJ FIOS 1 launched ,. July 28 will be 2 years of FIOS TV in NYC , I think its time NOW to get the FIOS 1 Channel on in the 5 Boroughs of NYC .  Enough time has passed.

by on ‎07-21-2010 03:14 PM

Ian81,

FSC HD is definitely on our list of new high-definition channels we like to add to the lineup.  Keep a lookout here for more news on that and other new programming.

Heather

by rrosetta on ‎08-02-2010 06:09 PM

Heather - it may be an answer - but it is not satisfactory.  When I got Fios almost a year ago - I was supposed to get FIOS 1 - I asked point blank about.  I asked both the Verizon store in Belmar and the Verizon store in Toms River,  as well as asking the sales person once the lines were installed.  ALL said that FIOS 1 was available in Toms River.  I don't care about New York City and Philadelphia news,  I don't live there.  I live in New Jersey and want to know what happens in MY state and where I live.  It is ridiculous that we still have to get foreign news.

by superlife on ‎08-02-2010 07:49 PM

Please add Telemundo HD on Washington dc area.

We will be soo happy to have that channel on HD...

by Northlaker on ‎01-02-2011 03:23 PM

So when are we ever going to get the NASA CHANNEL??!!  We've only been asking for it for 3 years now.

by Northlaker on ‎01-02-2011 03:29 PM

Oh yeah, forgot that we needed yet more nature and crime shows, because we don't already have that.

We wouldn't want  a channel provided freely by the government that is educational,  newsworthy,  historic,

uplifting, unique, and very, very cool and beautiful to look at, all at the same time!

by Apoc on ‎08-12-2011 08:25 PM

Where are you guys at with BBC America HD? The votes has surpassed Fox Soccer HD as of 8/20/11. At lease give us a time frame so ALL of can shut up. That is all.

by sister2 on ‎08-12-2011 09:45 PM

Thank you for your service. We appreciate your on going efforts, especially during this time.

Please oh please add TCM HD. It seems that we have been waiting such a long time for this channel.

Do you happen to have any news for this one?

by Employee on ‎08-15-2011 11:21 AM

Apoc and sister2,

Thank you for your suggestions for new HD channels on FiOS TV.  The best place to suggest new FiOS content or services is in the Verizon Idea Exchange: http://verizon.com/ideaexchange.  When you post your ideas there, Verizon product managers will see them and your fellow customers can vote on them. 

Sharon

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements