Customers With Disabilities

Use Your New Verizon iPhone 4 with FiOS Mobile

by Employee ‎01-11-2011 12:27 PM - edited ‎01-11-2011 12:33 PM

iPhone_4.JPGCongratulations to Verizon Wireless, which today announced its newest smartphone, the iPhone 4.

The iPhone is one of several Apple devices compatible with FiOS Mobile, our free app that lets customers use their mobile device as a remote control and DVR manager. The feature is available on more than 40 mobile devices.

FiOS TV customers have been able to use their iPhones and iPod Touch devices with FiOS Mobile since October of 2010.  We added the iPad to the list of supported devices in December of last year.  Now, customers can also buy an iPhone from Verizon and enjoy the benefits of the nation’s largest and most reliable network.

With the FiOS Mobile app, customers can use their mobile devices as a virtual remote control with their HD set-top boxes.  You can change channels, manage parental controls, pause, rewind and fast forward or record shows.  In other words, the FiOS Mobile app has virtually the same functionality as the standard FiOS TV remote control.

The FiOS Mobile app also comes in handy for reaching out and touching your DVR when you’re away from home. You can remotely review, change or add recording requests, record an entire series, delete recorded programs, browse TV and VOD listings and more.  No more missing your “must see” entertainment because you forgot to set your DVR at home.

We plan to add new features to the FiOS Mobile application over the next few months, including photo flicking for the iPad, which allows customers to use their tablet to flick stored photos from the iPad to the TV, one photo at a time.  Photo flicking is already available on the iPod Touch and iPhone, which makes today’s announcement even sweeter.

Have you tried using FiOS Mobile on your phone?

Comments
by ssanders79 on ‎01-11-2011 01:48 PM

I've been using the app on my iPhone since its release and used the WAP version prior.  It works great except for a few issues.

1. The show summary on the DVR manager does not match the show summary avaliable in the guide view.  Including the NEW flag for show.  I've heard back from development that this should be fixed in the next release.

2. No streaming!!! Please allow us to stream our recorded dvr content to our iOS devices!!!

by Employee on ‎01-11-2011 03:00 PM

Ssanders79,

Thank you for your ideas. If you have more ideas in the future, you can submit them to the Verizon Idea Exchange at http://verizon.com/ideaexchange, and our product managers will respond to your suggestion. About streaming on your mobile device, one of our products managers responded to a similar idea here: http://bit.ly/ffiOCX.

Heather

by andretti2006 on ‎01-18-2011 03:58 PM
I like the app, but I wished it worked on regular top-set-boxes. -:smileysad:
by ssanders79 on ‎03-15-2011 09:43 AM

Let's hope Verizon steps up to compete with TimeWarner on ALL iOS devices (not just iPad). I would love to view my DVR contect on my iPhone. (I know TW is not offering DVR streaming, but this is important to me)

http://www.timewarnercable.com/nynj/learn/cable/TWCableTV/TWCableTV_iPad.html

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bill Kula

Director -- Media Relations

Photo of Bill Kula

Bill oversees the Verizon telecom customer experience, consumer bundles, DSL, e-commerce and small business. He helps customers learn about efficient ways to manage their Verizon services.

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools