Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Verizon FiOS Customers First to Experience HBO GO

by Employee ‎02-17-2010 10:53 AM - edited ‎02-17-2010 11:03 AM

I love HBO and all it has to offer: original series, films, sports, blockbuster movies, documentaries - I could go on. So needless to say, I couldn't be more excited that Verizon FiOS and HBO are launching HBO GO, HBO's online video hub featuring over 600 hours of HBO programming.

Starting tomorrow, FiOS customers who subscribe to our HBO or HBO/Cinemax package will also get free, unlimited online access to HBO programming. Subscribers can access HBO GO any time, any place with their Verizon FiOS login-in credentials, by simply going to the FiOS TV Online Web site or www.hbogo.com.  Customers must subscribe to both FiOS TV and FiOS Internet.

Waiting in the airport and want to catch up on True Blood? Not a problem. Unlike cable, we'll let you take your online video service with you. HBO GO is available anywhere in the U.S. with a broadband connection.

Worried about your family fighting over the computer screen like they do the remote control?  HBO GO supports subaccounts to allow up to three simultaneous household users. Plus, besides allowing for multiple browsing and viewing options, parents can restrict certain programming with user-friendly parental controls, making monitoring what the kids watch a cinch.

HBO GO has other perks too: Create a Watchlist that bookmarks content for later viewing; set up a Series Pass with notifications about new HBO series' episodes; and get exclusive bonus material, soundtrack and cast information.

HBO and Verizon are giving customers more ways to enjoy TV entertainment.  Make sure to log in and check out all of this new online programming. And if you're not yet a customer, be sure to check here for information on how to join the FiOS family.

Comments
by wolfkri on ‎02-17-2010 10:56 AM

Hello Bobbi, instead of bragging about Verizon new features why don't you start explaining why we here in Brookhaven haven't gotten a sniff of Fios Yet? Almost every town on long island has it expect Brookhaven?

by on ‎02-18-2010 01:50 PM

I see that Verizon is requiring internet service even though HBO only requires TV service. Come on Verizon, just give us the perks without force feeding us other services!

by on ‎02-18-2010 03:05 PM

The HBO GO login page is NOT a secure connection!  It is an http page, not https page.  Isn't this a big security hole?  I know Verizon is usually very concerned about security, so I'm suprised by this situation!

by MVP dslr595148 MVP on ‎02-18-2010 08:11 PM

@ PJL. Just add a S at the start of the URL.

Steps that I did, to figure that out.

#1 I went to that page, checked it with SSLpasword warning

and I see what you mean.

#2 But when I added an S to begining of the URL, and pressed enter

It took me to https://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/UnProtected/FTVOnline.aspx?LOBCode=C&PromoTCode=A0774&PromoSrcC...

Then with SSLpasword warning, I did not get a warning.

---

by Employee on ‎02-19-2010 01:48 PM

wolfkri,

We're actively deploying FiOS throughout the state; however, no timetable for Brookhaven has been set.  Keep in mind that in those areas where FiOS is not yet available, Verizon offers a triple play of our reliable voice service, High Speed Internet and DirecTV.

by Moderator on ‎02-21-2010 12:05 PM
Moved to FiOS TV Technical Assistance for better exposure.
by maga631 on ‎03-16-2010 10:00 AM

I to would love to use HBO GO the service sounds great but like wolfkri I'm in Brookhaven town and it seems you guys are just dragging your feet.  Two years ago reps told me we would have it early to mid 2009, yeah thats come and gone.  And with Cablevision's recent track record myself and plenty of neighbors and friends are ready to switch, the snow is gone it's time to get rolling.

by VA0006 on ‎04-06-2010 09:13 AM

Super unhappy with Verizon Customer Service.  I like FIOS however, if you ever have a problem it is nearly impossible to get someone on the phone.  I was on hold for nearly 2 hrs the other day and this is not the first time this has happened.  And when someone does finally answer the phone they simply try to pass you off to someone else.  I was passed off 3 times yesterday and still never got anyone on the phone to help me after 40 mins.  I finally got some answering services message that said "Because of an emergency we cannot take your call"  and disconnected me, after 40 mins of waiting, they couldn't have told me that from the beginning?   I'm actually on hold with them again and after being passed around 2 times so far I have been waiting 20 mins.  No one seems to want to do any actual work and when they do try and "fix" your problem they do it half **bleep** and either forgeting to turn on all of your features or reset all of your boxes.  I am actually getting rid of Verizon b/c of the poor customer service.  Apparently everyone that works there can only do 1 thing so if you have more than 1 problem there will just keep pushing you to someone else and putting you back on hold for another wait.  Someone finally just picked up my phone call.  They couldn't help me and have now switched me to someone else.  I am on hold again.  Someone else came on the phone again and they again are not the right person.  They are putting me on hold again.  Everytime someone picks up the phone they ask me the same dumb questions.  Can't they keep track of my account?  Again the person could not help me!!! What is wrong with this company?  I'm moving out of my house and someone else is putting the bill in their name.  Why is this so difficult?  I am totally unimpressed.  I'm still on the phone with them.  I give up.  I think I am going to cancel my cell phone service with them now also b/c of this!

by CathyLou1 on ‎09-08-2010 06:20 PM

I love this service.... But.... it now tells me that I need to have an HBO subscription.  I've double and triple checked that my HBO subscription is still current and paid up, and it is.  I would like to be able to access the HBOGO once again.  When I contacted Verizon support, I was pawned off to  "another department"  whom I contacted.  Then pawned off to ANOTHER department.  I don't have the time to keep running in circles.  PLEASE make it work again.  From the blogs and such this is an on going problem.  

by skatsumi on ‎09-08-2010 06:41 PM

I have the same issue for about 3 weeks now.  I have enjoyed HBOGO since it came out earlier this year but all of a sudden the site tells me that "HBO subscription required."  I called Verizon customer service and was told that in order for me to sign in, I must have the Verizon Internet Service, which I don't.  I argued with him why I had access for 6 months then?  I also asked to direct me to where this terms and policy are stated.  I'm waiting for a call back with response.  At the least this is false advertising.

by on ‎09-10-2010 11:11 AM

CathyLou1 and skatsumi,

This is Heather Wilner. Sorry you haven't been able to enjoy HBO GO.  We were experiencing some technical issues, but they have since been fixed.  If you still can't access the service,  please let us know by posting again here.

Heather

by ncc on ‎10-18-2011 07:13 PM

Has there been a fix for this yet?  I am able to sign onto the Verizon website succesfully but cannot sign on to HBOGo.  I have FIos and HBO.. any help would be appreciated!

by Collinsx on ‎06-02-2013 09:33 AM

Re ncc comment

I also aminto allowed to sign in the hbo or showtime on my iPad even tho the user name and password checks out over and over again. I also have been redirected to department after department and have spent many hours on live chat and with live tech people to no avail. I am wondering what the solution is soon before I need to review otheroptions. It's one of the main reasons I use my iPad.

Thanks

Debra

by Collinsx on ‎06-02-2013 09:36 AM

Re above post

I also am not allowed* to sign in

Please forgive the typo.

D

by customer821 on ‎01-01-2014 05:55 PM

Was on HBOGo yesterday for the first time but did not finish watching movie. Today I can't even access the site on my tv. I keep getting an error message that says It is not possible to sign in at this time. Please try again later.

Well I've been trying for the last two hours and get the same message. Can you help?

by gwendolyn on ‎01-11-2014 01:10 AM

I have both fios tv and internet, also complete entertainment package that includes hbo showtime and cinemax.  I cannot watch anything on any of these channels on my computer going thru myverizon and then hbogo or maxgo. I get a black screen that says 'invalid affiliate'. What the heck is going on. Last year I could view with no problem, now I can't.

by dwald01 on ‎04-28-2014 01:47 AM

Same problem here.  I have Fios TV and internet.  But when I try to get on HBO GO it says I need have an HBO account, which I already do.  Help!

by bignewyorker on ‎05-13-2014 07:30 AM

im trying to wat ch HBO on my mac pro and it continues to tell me (invalid affilate)

help me out here i need to catch up on The Game of Thrones!!!

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements