Customers With Disabilities

Viva Las Vegas and Verizon: CES 2011

by Employee ‎12-30-2010 10:14 AM - edited ‎12-30-2010 10:27 AM

News_Center_Promo.JPG

What happens in Vegas won’t stay in Vegas for visitors of the Verizon At Home blog and our Consumer Electronics Show (CES) website.

We’re fine-tuning a dazzling display for attendees of the 2011 CES that will let them experience a wide-range of consumer benefits of using Verizon broadband and entertainment services.  So even if you’re not headed for Vegas next week, you can come here for a taste of the excitement.

From the mammoth-sized Verizon show floor booth inside the Las Vegas Convention Center to the Verizon -sponsored press room and blogger lounge loaded with cool demonstrations, we will be front and center at CES.

During the four day show, we’ll give you the sights, sounds, news and innovative apps of our powerful networks that deliver time-saving, value-rich, productivity enhancing services to you.

On Thursday, Jan. 6, Verizon Chairman and CEO Ivan Seidenberg will set the stage by delivering the opening keynote at the Las Vegas Hilton beginning at 8:30 a.m. Vegas time.  Sorry, no spoiler alerts here.  If you’d like to view the live feed of the speech on your desktop, you can register for it by clicking the ‘register’ button under his picture at the Verizon CES 2011 website.

A few hours later Verizon Wireless will conduct a press conference at the Venetian to discuss LTE and next generation wireless broadband.  Once again, no spoiler alerts.

Throughout the entire show, Verizon will demonstrate new services that are transforming the way people live their lives and do their jobs.

We’ll showcase our industry-leading FiOS and wireless network; play some of the growing base of 3D content pouring onto our FiOS TV screens; demonstrate the beauty of multi-screen video and show how our FiOS content is not bound to just your home.  We’ll also introduce “Connected Home” services to be offered in 2011 that allow consumers to easily and safely manage remotely a range of devices at your home including indoor cameras, door locks, appliances, light controls, home energy controls and door monitoring among other applications all using your FiOS-enabled smartphone, PC and TV.

If you’re in Vegas for CES, we look forward to visiting with you to talk about how we’re putting consumers at the center of an increasingly connected universe.

We’ve “future proofed” our networks; we’ve aligned with industry-leading innovators; we’re assembling the most compelling product portfolio in our sector; and we’re continuously innovating to create the future of broadband and entertainment.

If you won’t be at CES, consider this site your personal pass to learning about how Verizon will keep you and othe consumers motoring along in 2011.

CES will be here before you know it, so plan to make regular visits to our site for breaking news and thoughts on what’s happening at the show.

Comments
by garycasagrande on ‎12-30-2010 11:05 AM - last edited on ‎12-30-2010 11:27 AM by Moderator

I would very much like to be part of the NJ trial for the home management service. I am a full-on fios customer, internet, tv and phone. My home phone number is {edited for privacy}. Can you help me to get this accomplished?

by DTM222 on ‎12-30-2010 01:45 PM

I too would like to participate in the NJ trial for the home management service. How do we sign up or will someone contact us?

by hiwaar on ‎12-30-2010 03:53 PM

I would love to participate

hiwaar

by Employee on ‎12-30-2010 04:29 PM

Thanks to everyone for letting us know about your interest in the New Jersey pilot program for our Connected Home services, but we're not looking for additional participants right now.  If anything changes, we will let you know here at the Verizon at Home blog.

Bill

by mcc32 on ‎12-31-2010 12:57 PM

Thanks Bill, if you're looking for more participants please contact me via my email attached to my profile here. Thanks.

by on ‎12-31-2010 05:02 PM

Bill

I worked in the Commercial Building Automation and Control System field for more than 15 years and would love to get my hands on this stuff. It is a shame all your testing is in NJ. For us in MD/DC anyway.

Have a safe and Happy New Year.

by rpdcqd on ‎01-01-2011 02:41 PM

Bill:

But what about broadcast 3D content?   Not on-demand....  Why is there no date for ESPN 3D - your main competitors have it...

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bill Kula

Director -- Media Relations

Photo of Bill Kula

Bill oversees the Verizon telecom customer experience, consumer bundles, DSL, e-commerce and small business. He helps customers learn about efficient ways to manage their Verizon services.

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools