Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

beIN SPORT Launches on FiOS TV

by ‎03-19-2013 10:55 AM - edited ‎03-19-2013 01:09 PM

beIN SPORT.jpgGreat news for all of the soccer fans out there! We announced today that we are adding beIN SPORT HD and beIN SPORT en Español HD to the FiOS TV lineup.

We’ve heard from many of the soccer fans out there about the importance of beIN SPORT, and now we’re giving it to you. For those of you who don’t know, beIN SPORT features live and exclusive coverage of the world’s best soccer and international sports. This includes all of the top soccer leagues and tournaments from Europe and South America, including Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, France’s Ligue 1, South American World Cup Qualifiers and Copa America 2015. beIN SPORT also carries the U.S. Men’s National Soccer team away games for the 2014 World Cup, plus international tennis, golf, volleyball, rugby, handball, motorsports and more.

Oscar Madrid, Verizon’s director of multicultural marketing, is especially excited for this launch. He said, “The fact that beIN SPORT offers some of the best sports programming available is important for many of our FiOS TV customers, especially among the Hispanic community. We know how important it is for Hispanic families to connect with their culture and heritage, and we hope to make that easy with the launch of Spanish-language channels like this.” 

beIN SPORT HD and beIN SPORT en Español HD are available today to FiOS TV customers in Florida, Texas, California and the Pittsburgh area, and will continue to launch in other FiOS TV markets in the coming days and weeks. All FiOS TV customers will have access to both channels by mid-April.

FiOS TV customers will find beIN SPORT HD on channel 598 and beIN SPORT en Español HD on channel 1538. beIN SPORT HD is included in the Ultimate HD package and beIN SPORT en Español is included with La Conexion and the Spanish-language TV package.

This is an exciting addition to the FiOS TV lineup. And there’s more to come! We have plans to add many more channels this year, including more HD, more sports and more multicultural programming. So keep a look out for all of the great new content coming your way!

Comments
by FIOS-GURU-NY on ‎03-19-2013 11:27 AM

Heather thank you this is great news, but is the channel also included in the sports pack for those who do not have the ultimate package?

by econr6 on ‎03-19-2013 11:39 AM

Finally!!!!  Can you post a roll out schedule or at least say when Maryland gets it?

by Deivy84 on ‎03-19-2013 11:40 AM

Thank you fios this is the best news ever had in these year i been waiting for these Channel and now will be on my tv by april 15. now my request is for peruvians channels, please theres is so many channels from colombia, chile, ecuador , mexico , argentina. Nothing from Peru. :smileyfrustrated: please add at least one channel sur peru or peru magico .thank you

by chileno on ‎03-19-2013 11:41 AM

I live in Oxnard California and this channel  is still not availble!.. But hope is just a matter of days

by on ‎03-19-2013 11:45 AM

Right now beIN SPORT HD is only available in the Ultimate package but we'll be providing alternate ways to get the channel soon. Keep a look out here for more news on that.

Regarding rollout, I can't post a schedule but I can tell you that many regions will see the channel launch this week and next. Unfortunately, we won't get to everyone until mid-April, but I promise it's coming!

Regarding the addition of other channels, we have plans for more HD, more sports and more international programming this year!

by BigfootHunter on ‎03-19-2013 11:49 AM

likewise in Orange County, hope it is coming soon (598 is still Cars.tv here).

by on ‎03-19-2013 12:15 PM

Heather,

Great news.  In addition to placing it in the Ultimate Package, I just hope that Verizon will add it to the sports package and not make customers pay for it monthly like Fox Soccer Plus.  With Fox Soccer Channel going away, Fox Soccer Plus is likely to follow.  To have Verizon simply swap out Fox Soccer Plus with beIN sports and have customers either have to pay for the top package tier or pay $15 a month for one channel would be disappointing.

Plus, Fox Soccer Channel is available on the Extreme package.  Since beIn is basically going to be replacing FSC, why is it not on the Extreme package?

by uglyrose on ‎03-19-2013 12:21 PM

Thanks Verizon for this grt news but same time its not too happy news for customers coz both channel should have been included in same package, or should be available in Sports Package to enjoy both channels. Please try to sort out this strange offering of BEIN sports and make both of them available under same package. 

Thanks Again

by jrf316 on ‎03-19-2013 12:30 PM

i live in texas and have the ultimate hd pkg but still dont see bein sport in lineup

by jlgutierrez on ‎03-19-2013 12:34 PM

I was comparing tv plans and saw that BEin is also available in the HD Extreme package. Is this an error or is it also available in that package?

by soccer1971 on ‎03-19-2013 12:51 PM

WILNER FOR PRESIDENT!

Thank you for this great announcement.  A couple of questions as I read different things and I am not sure what to believe.  I have the Extreme Package: 

1. Is Fox soccer (Channel 84 / 584hd) going away?  

2. You wrote that right now BEIN will only be available on the Ultimate Package but that you are looking into other ways to subscribe to the channel.  Please follow through with this.  My family is more into sports, adding channels like HBO, Showtime etc really do not interest us.

3. I would argue that BEIN should be added to the Extreme tier of sports channels.  The very name says; "Extreme Sports Tier" to add BEIN to the "Ultimate Movie Tier" seems strange.  

I look forward to your update.  

by LBCeleste on ‎03-19-2013 12:57 PM

Conflicting information ...!!!! Called Verizon, spent 40' with them and They had no idea what I was talking about until a supervisor said "I think I saw an email about that..." another 15' on hold later... They told me it could be avail now or Apr 15th.... no clue or idea what date.... I have the sports package and should have it now... but I do not???   Then, I was told ..."oh you should have it in zip code 11762, oh yes, if you do not call 888 553 1555 to refresh the box....  So what is it?  Does Verizon have it or not???

by on ‎03-19-2013 01:07 PM

I think there is some confusion. beIN SPORT is not replacing Fox Soccer Channel and there are no plans to remove Fox Soccer Channel from the FiOS TV lineup.

In the next month or two, I'll have more news to share about expanding the availability of beIN SPORT HD outside of the Ultimate HD package. 

by on ‎03-19-2013 01:08 PM

@LBCeleste I'm sorry about your experience with that particular call. We certainly provided our customer service reps with info on this launch. As I mentioned in my post, the channel will be rolling out to all FiOS TV markets in the coming days and weeks. I cannot provide a rollout schedule, but I promise everyone will have the channels soon!

by lt71 on ‎03-19-2013 01:27 PM

This is the schedule I got: Buffalo, Syracuse, Albany (all NY state) march 20; Queens (NY) - March 25, Freehold (not sure ny or nj) April 16

by njep on ‎03-19-2013 02:36 PM

Heather,

I believe the reason people may think that Fox Soccer Channel is going away is due to the fact that they have lost the rights to the Barclay's Premier League.  Next year I believe it is in NBC's hands and that they will add a new channel soon.  Bein sports is very important/relevant to a lot of people and it is very disappointing to see that we may need to pay for movie channels in order to get the World's game.  The web page for Verizon television plans lists the Extreme Package as "Best Sports Value" and Ultimate as "Best Movie Value".  I really hope that Verizon keeps the faith on that claim.

by on ‎03-19-2013 02:44 PM

Always happy to see Verizon expanding their offerings and actually listening to subscriber suggestions (even for stations I have no interest in)... so congratulations on working out the deal with beIN sport.  Maybe now you can get back to negotiating with Olympusat Inc, to return FUNimation Channel to 262 and add the HD feed.

by on ‎03-19-2013 03:14 PM

Either I am confused or Verizon is confused. But, the confusion stems from BeIn calling their second Channel 'beIN SPORT en Español HD'. My understanding is that the two channels carry different material and in particular, some matches are on one but not the other. So, I would like to have both. I have also heard that both channels carry English and Spanish audio.

Verizon has elected to put one channel in the Ultimate lineup and the other in the Spanish line up. Is this because it is a Spanish channel? If so, that is a mistake.

My take is that both channels should be included in the Ultimate lineup. Otherwise, we are only getting half of BeIn.

Does anyone know if the two channels carry the same material or different?

by on ‎03-19-2013 03:38 PM

Heather,

While beIN may not be replacing Fox Soccer Channel specifically, it has already been publicized that Fox Soccer Channel is be replaced with an FX-like channel by Fox.  So while Verizon is not the one that will be getting rid of FSC, all TV customers will be losing this channel, regardless of what cable provider they have.  So in essence, beIN will be a replacement for FSC, since beIN will become the major carrier of international soccer games.

Since FSC is available on the Extreme tier, without the need for the Extreme Sports package, it is reasonable for customers to wonder why beIN wouldn't be offered on the same tier since the Extreme tier is listed as being a sports tier while the Ultimate tier is listed as a movie tier.  To require customers to have to upgrade to a movie-centric tier to get a sports channel seems dubious at best.  Also, to split up the two beIN channels into the Ultimate tier and the Spanish tier is dubious as well.  The two beIN channels don't offer all the same programming, so to separate the channels makes little sense.

We are hoping that Verizon will be cognizant of these issues before sticking to its Ultimate tier/Spanish tier placement for beIN.  This, to me, is similar to Verizon placing the Tennis Channel on the Ultimate tier while most other cable carriers place it specifically in a sports tier only.  These decisions be Verizon confounds many customers since Verizon doesn't simply have a sports package like other carriers.  Instead, Verizon has a sports tier but also spreads its sports channels all the tiers.  It makes little sense.

by lolhoss on ‎03-19-2013 03:59 PM

Thank you Verizon for adding beIN! I've had a separate TWC sub for HD soccer for over a year now. Now that beIN is finally on FiOS, I'll probably be able to drop the TWC sub. I'll miss FS+ but I think I can live without it for two months. I'm in VHO1 and currently have the Extreme HD pack. As soon as beIN is live, I'll upgrade to Ultimate.

I also wish both beIN channels were available on the same tier. I do not want to add the La Conexion package just for beIN espanol. There are times, especially on the weekend, where each channel will have a different live match. The spanish channel is primarily spanish but english audio/commentary is provided via the "SAP" option. The spanish channel has BarcaTV. I don't think I have ever seen BarcaTV on the english channel.

by mgarrido19 on ‎03-19-2013 05:38 PM

So if you have the Ultimate package or the spanish package, your only getting half of BeIN? either the english HD or the Spanish version? That is truly a mistake, BeIN 1 & 2 should be considered as one! So we would have to have the Ultimate package and La Conexion package in order to have both? other wise we will receive half of BeIN sports. Verizon you need to fix this before you launch a channel.

by baso47 on ‎03-19-2013 06:13 PM

I agree wholeheartedly; we waited for Verizon to add beIN for an entire season to find out that:

1. If we want it, we have to upgrade from Extreme HD to Ultimate HD (more $$).

2. If we want both beIN 1 and 2, since they carry different programming, we have to also get La Conexion (more $$$).

3. You may, in the upcoming months, find different ways to offer beIN. Just provide both and be done with it, if you can split them, you can keep them together too.

It may sound like we are never satisfied, but splitting the channels in order to charge so much extra tells the customer base a lot; trying to look like the good guys by saying "Look, we finally got beIN for you, see we work hard for you our customer" then telling us to pay a lot extra is bad relations.

I recommend that both channels be added as part of a sports pack, maybe for $10-$15 per month. We dont mind paying a little extra for a service, but we do mind getting raked. Just a thought...

by on ‎03-19-2013 06:25 PM
I tried sending an email to Benjamin Grad, Verizon, Director, Content Strategy & Acquisition, as his name has been quoted on several websites regarding the addition of beIN sports. The email bounced back to me. Well, I decided to put the email here in hopes that someone at Verizon will read it. I agree with the above post. It may seem like customers are never satisfied. However, when customers are feeling like they are being fleeced, they get disillusioned further and get frustrated. We pay a lot for cable service, regardless of the carrier. We are willing to pay for content, but when it makes no sense, and Verizon doesn't explain anything (like why the channels are being placed on different tiers), we complain. Hello Mr. Grad, I have read that Verizon has finally added both beIN sports channels. I have read some of your comments on the internet introducing these channels. I would ask you to kindly read some of the threads on the Verizon forums website. While customers, including me, are happy that Verizon finally got these channels, there is still some disappointment from the customers. To summarize, the main reasons are: 1. Verizon has chosen to split up the beIn English channel from the beIN Spanish channel. Many other cable subscribers offer them in the same tier. Verizon has chosen to put the English channel in the Ultimate tier and the Spanish channel in the Spanish tier. What Verizon may not realize is that these are two separate channels that offer different games. It is similar to ESPN and ESPN 2. The beIN channels are not simply the same games with one in English and one in Spanish. There are games that will be shown on the Spanish channel that will not be offered on the English channel. To force Fios customers to have to subscribe to two tiers to get both channels is a disappointment. 2. At this time, Verizon has only placed the English channel in the Ultimate tier. The Ultimate tier is advertised as a movie tier, and the Extreme package is advertised as a sports tier. It is disappointing that Verizon is pushing this channel to the top tier, where fans will pay upwards of $20 extra per month to gain access to one channel. Both channels so be placed in the Extreme package, similar to how Verizon offers Fox Soccer Channel in the Extreme tier. At minimum, the channels (both) should be offered in the Extreme sports package. 3. Fox Soccer Channel will be no more soon. Fox has announced that it is getting rid of FSC and replacing it with a different, non-soccer, non-sports channel. With the loss of this channel, one of the main soccer channels, beIN, will only be available on a top tier, whereas FSC is available on the regular Extreme tier. 4. Verizon's placement of sports channels is dubious. Most cable providers have a sports tier that costs about $5 to $10 extra a month. Verizon does offer a sports package, but it also spreads out its sports channels across its tiers. It makes little sense to put beIN and the Tennis Channel, for instance, on the Ultimate tier when that is labeled as a movie tier. Again, I would ask you to look at the message boards to see the disappointment many soccer fans are having with Verizon's decision to split up the beIN channels to different tiers and by placing the English channel in the Ultimate tier. We realize that Verizon has stated that it will offer different options for beIN, so I hope that both channels will be offered in the Extreme or Extreme Sports package. Thank you for your time. Mike Fios Triple Play Customer Verizon Wireless Customer
by mmaggi on ‎03-19-2013 08:25 PM

Spoke to a Verizon rep today.  beIN will be available for Extreme & Ultimate.  Based on the note above it appears all FIOS customers will have it sooner or later.   Currently beIN appears on my channel guide at 598 but will not tune in as I get the message "Uable to tune in selected channel - Please try again".  I'm confident we'll have it in the greater NY metro area soon.

Re Fox Soccer Channel:  True it will be set to the wayside but fear not EPL fans, we should still see EPL matches & CL matches.  There's too much demand for EPS & CL matches for no one to pick up the rights.  This is what I found: http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/fox-soccer-channel-eyes-relaunch-as-fx-sister-channel-targeting-youn...

"The future of the Fox Soccer Channel had been in limbo ever since Fox and ESPN in October lost the rights to the English Premier League to NBC and its fledgling NBC Sports Network. The remaining soccer programming on Fox Soccer Channel is expected to be folded into Fox’s planned national sports cable network, tentatively named Fox Sports 1, that would compete with ESPN. A spokesman for Fox Networks said in a statement, “We are constantly evaluating our programming offerings and this is just one notion we have considered over the past year or so,” declining further comment."

by ‎03-19-2013 08:26 PM - edited ‎03-19-2013 08:27 PM

One important point is that BeIn does not replace the current FSC. FSC carries the EPL and Champions League and some SPL. The EPL will be carried by NBC starting next season. In essence, BeIn is replacing what FSC and GolTV had in the past.

Having said that, Both BeIn channels should be on the same tier. As I currently have the Ultimate tier, I do not care which one. Then again, I want soccer to grow in the US so it should be included on all tiers.

by on ‎03-20-2013 06:06 AM

You are correct that beIN will not replace FSC in terms of what games will be shown. What I was trying to say, and maybe didn't make clear enough, is that beIN will replace FSC as one of the main soccer channels in the U.S. 

While NBC Sports and ESPN will have soccer, beIN will have a focus on soccer more similar to FSC than what NBC or ESPN does.

by stennant4 on ‎03-20-2013 07:10 AM
I have friends that have Comcast and already have beINSport and didn't have to upgrade their package. Verizon was slow to get FSC HD, so not at all surprised at the handling of beINSport unfortunately.
by mbermudez69 on ‎03-20-2013 08:48 AM

Heather, I am in Florida and called customer service and asked about beIN Sports and they had no idea about that channel.  They refused to check the news and the just said "We dont Have it".  I told them I was going to swicth to RoadRunner because they have it and is part of the basic package and you dont have to pay more.   Verizon did not care.  I have been a verizon customer for years but this issue that should be simply it is a headache because support they just dont want to research.  Shame from Verizon

by on ‎03-20-2013 11:58 AM

I have read all of your comments and shared your concerns with my colleagues here. As soon as I have more info to share, I will let you all know.

In the meantime, I wanted to let you all know that we launched the two channels in four more FiOS TV markets today: Syracuse, Buffalo, Albany and Harrisburg, Pa. We'll be launching in more cities tomorrow.

by on ‎03-20-2013 11:59 AM

@mbermudez69 I am really sorry and disappointed to hear this. I'm going to let my colleagues know about your experience. We've alerted everyone to the launch of these channels and will follow up. 

by customer1971 on ‎03-20-2013 01:14 PM

Heather,

Many thanks for Verizon adding beIN.  I want to echo some of the earlier comments, just so folks at Verizon understand:  bein HD and beIN HD Espanol offer different content.  I am a subscriber for Ultimate, and so I understand that I will get beIN, but I would have expected to get beIN HD Espanol too, since I'm paying for the highest TV package.  I do not separately have an exclusive Spanish-language package, but would not think that necessary to get beIN HD Espanol, since I already have Ultimate.

Is Verizon planning to make beIN HD Espanol available to Ultimate subscribers?  It certainly would seem reasonable.  I am in the LA area, so beIN already came up yesterday.

I understand these things have just been rolled out, but would appreciate my concern being considered by Verizon.  I imagine lots of customers have situations similar to mine.

Thank you.

by on ‎03-20-2013 01:20 PM

Now that the soccer fans have their channel, can you please add Pac-12 Los Angeles for your California customers, who have lost an entire football and basketball season due to the lack of this channel?

by Geoyoyer ‎03-20-2013 01:55 PM - edited ‎03-20-2013 01:55 PM

i have the Ultimate HD package and spanish package, do you know when it is going to be available in Long Island, NY ??? 

by JPA on ‎03-20-2013 07:21 PM
$40 more per month to switch from Extreme to Ultimate package, I'm extremely disappointed with the pricing scheme. I would love to get this channel, but an additional $40 per month is just too expensive. I could see paying an additional $10-$15 per month for a sports package.
by on ‎03-20-2013 07:43 PM

Both channels are now available in Harrisburg, PA. But like many of the above posters, if this stays on the Ultimate and Spanish tiers separately, I am going to have to pass (as much as I would like to have them). 

Both channels should be available on Extreme or Extreme Sports tier instead of splitting them up.

by Lsam ‎03-20-2013 08:49 PM - edited ‎03-20-2013 09:56 PM

a

by on ‎03-20-2013 08:51 PM
Don't forget putting both channels on different tiers, thus making you purchase two upgrades (Ultimate and Spanish) if you want to get both beIN channels.
by Lsam on ‎03-20-2013 09:19 PM - last edited on ‎03-20-2013 11:15 PM by Moderator

Is Verizon kidding us? They make us wait a year AND THEN they put these channels on their most expensive packages! LOL! Laughter is the only way I can get through this.  Verizon's blatant disregard for its customers is pushing me to not sign another contract with Verizon.

None of the other providers Directv, etc. did this! Other providers didn't make their customers wait a year AND they have these channels on their mid-level (Extreme HD equivalent tier - which Verizon advertises as its sports tier). Meanwhile, Foxsoccer is already on the Extreme HD tier for Verizon. With Foxsoccer disappearing in a few months you would have expected Verizon to do the common sense thing and replace it with both beINSport channels on Extreme HD ...

Please don't make your customers wait another year for you to address these concerns.

Regards,

A Deeply Dissatisfied Customer

by on ‎03-20-2013 09:52 PM

These issues make me wonder if Verizon either paid significant sums to get beIN and thus to recoup that money they have to plug the channels on high tiers, or Verizon didn't do its homework to figure out that the two beIn channels are different and not merely an English version and a Spanish version.  beIN 1 and 2 are closer in scope to ESPN and ESPN Deportes (where there are different program offerings) than simply being the same channel in different languages.

Should we expect different when The Tennis Channel is only offered on the Ultimate tier and, in a non-sports example, Verizon offers the Hallmark Movie Channel on Prime and Ultimate but not Extreme.

by Lsam on ‎03-20-2013 10:15 PM

Exactly! beIN 1 and 2 are like ESPN 1 and 2. I shouldn't have to pay for the Spanish channels to get beIN 2 as its content appeals to non-spanish speakers.

by mgarrido19 on ‎03-21-2013 10:25 AM

Heather,

World Cup Qualifiers tomorrow!! Please tell me the Queens, NY area will be active tomorrow! I dont want to have to go to my neighbors to watch beIN sports on their Time Warner Cable service

by uglyrose on ‎03-21-2013 03:01 PM

@Heather any more cities added today? Can we get few lists please.

by eduardoh on ‎03-21-2013 04:11 PM

Heather,

Any idea when to expect the launch of Bein Sport in the Washington DC Metro area which includes Northern Virginia and Maryland? Will we be able to watch the World Cup qualifier games tomorrow 03/22?

by Futbol4ever42 on ‎03-21-2013 07:18 PM

This is great news!   BUt I do hope that you very soon find ways to offer it to those who do not have the Ultimate package or la Conexion...    So close, yet so far....  But thank you for listening.  ....   :smileysad:

by on ‎03-22-2013 08:51 AM

We launched the channels yesterday in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We'll launch in a few more markets next week and finish the rolling launch in April.

by on ‎03-22-2013 08:54 AM

Below is a note from Ben Grad, Verizon's director of content acquisition and programming:

We are excited to be able to offer beIN SPORT HD and beIN SPORT en español HD to our FiOS TV customers!

We have added beIN SPORT HD to the FiOS TV Ultimate HD package for no additional charge, as that is the package for sports fans looking for the “ultimate” in sports. Ultimate HD features up to 39 sports channels, including up to 13 sports channels like CBS Sports Network that are not in Extreme HD.

In addition, we enable our customers who subscribe to our Spanish Language package and our La Conexión package, which feature the best in Spanish language programming, to receive beIN SPORT en español HD for no additional charge.  We know that all of these customers are very interested in Spanish language content, including Spanish language sports programming.

beIN SPORT en español generally features the same programming as beIN SPORT, just in different languages (and program re-airs sometimes happen at different times).  Major live events are typically simulcast (air at the same time on each network).

As we are sensitive to customer concerns around costs, we attempt to not add additional costs to our lower cost packages like FiOS TV Extreme HD, which is purchased by many customers who may not be interested in new content that was not previously in their package.  Those who are interested can certainly change their package to Ultimate HD.  Plus, in the coming weeks we expect to offer Extreme, Prime and other FiOS TV customers who are sports fans a way to access beIN SPORT without upgrading their packages to Ultimate.  We hope to have more to tell you about that soon!

by on ‎03-22-2013 09:39 AM

Mr. Grad,

If that is indeed the case, then Verizon needs to change a few things:

1.  Stop advertising on your website the Extreme tier as the tier for the "best sports value."

2.  Stop advertising on your website the Ultimate tier as the tier for the "best movie value."

3.  If the Ultimate tier is for fans looking for the "utlimate" in sports as you state, then why is there a need for an Extreme Sports package?  Isn't the point of a separate sports package so that customers interested in sports can purpose all those channels for a separate fee and those that do not want extra sports channels don't have to pay for them?  Wouldn't it make more sense to simply place these sports channels on the sports package?

4.  Can you please explain why Fox Soccer Channel is on the regular Extreme tier (as opposed to having to purchase the sports package for it), yet beIN, as of now, is only available on the Ultimate?  If you do offer beIN on the Extreme Sports package, what is the difference between beIN and Fox Soccer Channel?

5.  As you stated, the Spanish beIN channel "generally" offers the same games as the English channel.  When there is a game that is only available on the Spanish channel that people want to see, Verizon will likely get flooded with complaints and "I told you so."

Hopefully you will announce the alternate ways to get beIN soon so that soccer fans can see some of the World Cup qualifiers without having to upgrade to Ultimate.  Thank you.

by Juano2803 on ‎03-22-2013 10:45 AM
@Heather when is Bein sports going to be available in Queens NY
by customer1971 ‎03-22-2013 11:27 AM - edited ‎03-22-2013 11:32 AM

Heather,

Thank you for your response and for the information from Ben Grad re programming on beIN HD and beIN Espanol HD.  I have to say that it is a welcome surprise to find someone from Verizon as responsive and helpful as you in providing relevant information.

And to be clear, I am appreciative the Verizon has made beIN available, period.  But I must respectfully disagree with Mr. Grad, and it is very easy to demonstrate.  One need only compare the schedules for beIN HD and beIN Espanol HD on any typical weekend -- and this week is not helpful, since it's a special soccer weekend with world cup soccer qualifying -- it is easy to see that there are altogether different games broadcast on beIN HD than on beIN Espanol HD.  Yes, some games are simulcast on both channels, and I agree that other games are shown at different times.  But every weekend, there are a handful of unique games shown on beIN HD that are not shown on beIN Espanol HD (and sometime vice versa).  Take a look at the programming from any of the previous 6 months to confirm that.  So it is not really correct that the programming is "generally" the same.  Indeed, beIN markets the channels as distinct, and rightly so, since the content is not the same.

Setting aside that many soccer fans are bilingual and might actually prefer to watch games in Spanish, the bottom line would seem to be that in paying for Ultimate HD, a customer should be getting access to the HD channels -- regardless of the language in which they are broadcast.

I understand Verizon choosing to make certain channels available in different tiers (Extreme, Ultimate, etc.), but when paying for the highest tier, one would expect to get access to the best offerings -- it's not as if there is a higher tier of HD programming to pay for than Ultimate.

Thank you for your assistance.

by Lsam on ‎03-22-2013 03:50 PM

Offer us more ways to access beIN SPORT en Español HD, a lot of people would like access to it without having to get La Conexion.

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411