Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Displaying articles for: January 2013

SmallTruck1.png

It’s a rare sight to find a Bell System telephone truck from the 1960s cruising down the road today. But if you’re in the New York area, you just might.This 1967 Ford Econoline van, originally used by New York Telephone to run service calls, was completely restored and restocked by Verizon technician John Stallone. To find the truck, Stallone, a local manager for installation and maintenance in New York, took to the one place where you can find just about anything these days: eBay.

Read more...

Ifootball 012013.jpgf you love football as much as I do, you’re well versed in some of the best (worst?) football clichés around – those tried and true phrases to which broadcasters ‘round the league turn to color their commentary. From the wide receiver that’s “deceptively quick” (instead of “obviously quick” considering how he blew by the entire secondary) to somehow giving more than 100% effort, we all have our favorites. This year, we decided to turn the world of football clichés on its head and assign new meaning to some of them. That way, as you’re enjoying the Big Game Sunday and get one cliché after another thrown your way, you can recall just why football is better with FiOS.  And for the non-football fans, enjoy the commercials since this is the one time a year we don’t fast forward through them since they can be more entertaining than the actual game!

Read more...

What to Watch – January 25 - 31

by on ‎01-25-2013 03:53 PM

Television.jpgFor me, this coming week is all about the SAG Awards on Sunday and the 30 Rock series finale on Thursday. Farewell Liz Lemon! But there’s plenty more to watch. Here’s your look at a selection of sporting events and other programs airing on TV during the coming week.

Friday:

Gold Rush – 8 pm on Discovery

Kitchen Nightmares – 8 pm on FOX

Spartacus – 9 pm on Starz (season premiere)

Saturday:

U.S. Figure Skating Championships – 8 pm on NBC

My Big Redneck Vacation – 9 pm on CMT

Saturday Night Live – 11:30 pm on NBC (Adam Levine hosts with musical guest Kendrick Lamar)

Read more...

teletype.jpg

Last week, we took a look back at the invention of the telephone and its evolution through the decades since. For today’s Throwback Thursday, I’ll look at other telecommunication machines that were an integral part of Verizon’s legacy of innovation.

Read more...

FiOS TV Select HD.jpg

It’s a good thing we’re not all made exactly alike.  If that were the case, our personal and professional life would be incredibly boring not to mention weird.

Having played sports of all types since I was a kid, athletic events involving teams and individuals are very enjoyable for me to watch in person and on TV.

But sports is not everyone’s cup of tea.  In fact, we have many customers for whom watching sports is akin to me watching a fashion or dance program (not fun for me at least).  As my paternal grandfather told me hundreds of times about the importance of how all people are not alike, “Different strokes for different folks.”

And so it is with our FiOS TV offers.  Consumers interested in TV service, but not wanting to pay for more than they need have a new option starting today.

Read more...

What to Watch – January 18 - 24

by on ‎01-18-2013 03:45 PM

Television.jpgWe have a few shows returning this week, like tonight’s premiere of Real Time with Bill Maher, the mid-season premiere of Glee, and season 11 of Project Runway. Plus, FiOS TV is offering three free previews this week. You can find all of the details on that in the One More Note section below. Here’s your look at a selection of sporting events and other programs airing on TV during the coming week. 

Friday:

Fringe – 8 pm on FOX (series finale)

Oprah’s Next Chapter – 9 pm on OWN (part 2 of the Oprah interview with Lance Armstrong, also available live, online here)

Real Time with Bill Maher – 10 pm on HBO

Saturday:

Prosecuting Casey Anthony – 8 pm on Lifetime

Stuff You Should Know – 10 pm on Science

Saturday Night Live – 11:35 pm on NBC (Jennifer Lawrence hosts with musical guest The Lumineers)

Read more...

OWN logo.pngBy now I think it’s safe to say that you all know about the Oprah Winfrey interview with Lance Armstrong, airing tonight and tomorrow on OWN. What you may not know is that Verizon is providing online access to a live stream of the interview as well. You can find that live stream on our website: http://entertainment.verizon.com.

As Multichannel News reported earlier today, Discovery Communications is providing a live video stream of the interview that they’ve also made available to Verizon. The interview begins at 9 pm ET tonight and concludes tomorrow night, again airing in the 9 pm time slot. You can watch online or on OWN on FiOS TV Channel 161 (also available on FiOS TV Channel 1625 for La Conexion subscribers). Tune in to the “widely anticipated” interview and see for yourself what Armstrong has to say.

Read more...

Verizon’s Legacy of Innovation

by Employee ‎01-17-2013 09:24 AM - edited ‎01-18-2013 03:01 PM

phoneusa.png

On Dec. 17, Verizon hosted a special event at its corporate headquarters in Basking Ridge called “Legacy of Innovation: A Celebration of Our History,” where Verizon employees and retirees gathered to celebrate the long history of Verizon telecommunications. Verizon veterans and historians brought historic industry artifacts including iconic wireline and wireless phones, an operator switchboard, a teletype machine, a digital base station, and even copper cable samples taken from the New York City vault that were destroyed after Hurricane Sandy.Throughout this month, I will be writing about the evolution of telecommunications and different telephony artifacts and the stories behind them that make up the rich history of Verizon, dating all the way back to 1876 with Alexander Graham Bell’s invention of the telephone.

Read more...

NHL_CI_Logo.jpgNHL hockey is back this Saturday! Fans won’t want to miss a minute of the season, and the best way to catch all of the action is with NHL Center Ice. The sports package features up to 40 out-of-market games each week during the regular season, as well as replays, a mosaic channel and more.

FiOS TV customers can check out NHL Center Ice during a free preview that starts with the first games this Saturday, Jan. 19 at 3 p.m. ET. Tune to FiOS TV channels 1475-1488 for non-stop hockey action, available free on FiOS through the end of the month.

Read more...

What to Watch – January 11 - 17

by on ‎01-11-2013 04:29 PM

Television.jpgThere is so much TV excitement coming your way this week! NFL Divisional Playoffs. The Golden Globes. The return of some of your favorite Showtime and HBO series. Plus, Verizon FiOS TV customers are getting a free preview of Showtime and The Movie Channel all weekend. More on that in the One More Note section below. Here’s your look at a selection of sporting events and other programs airing on TV during the coming week.

Friday:

Last Man Standing – 8 pm on ABC

Fringe – 9 pm on FOX

Banshee – 10 pm on Cinemax (series premiere)

Saturday:

NFL Football – 4:30 pm on CBS (Ravens vs. Broncos, followed by Packers vs. 49ers at 8 pm on FOX)

Cyndi Lauper: Still So Unusual – 9 pm on WE TV

The 2013 Miss America Competition – 9 pm on ABC (tune to ABC at 8 pm for a special 20/20 called “Pageant Confidential”)

Read more...

What to Watch – January 4 - 10

by on ‎01-04-2013 11:50 AM

Television.jpg

The next two weeks are full of brand new shows as well as season premieres of old favorites. Check your listings and some of our suggestions, including the EPIX free preview that begins today (I’ll have more free previews to tell you about next week).  Also, don’t miss the One More Note section if you’re a football lover.  Here’s your look at a selection of sporting events and other programs airing on TV during the coming week.

Friday:

CSI: NY – 9 pm on CBS

Portlandia – 10 pm on IFC (season 3 premiere)

Merlin – 10 pm on Syfy (season 5 premiere)

Saturday:

The Hunger Games – 3:30 pm on EPIX (watch this and more during the EPIX free preview, Fri. through Sun. on FiOS TV Channels 395, 895, 896 and 150)

NFL Football – 4:30 pm on NBC (Bengals vs. Texans, followed by Vikings vs. Packers at 8 pm)

Redneck Island – 9 pm on CMT (season finale)

Read more...

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411