Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS

Displaying articles for: November 2010

Spend the Holidays Playing With Your New Presents, Instead of Tangled Up in Wires.

by ‎11-29-2010 11:33 AM - edited ‎11-29-2010 12:27 PM

holiday_fios.JPG

The holidays are upon us, and electronic gadgets are topping everyone’s wish list, but how many times have you opened up a gift in excitement, only to end up frustrated from trying to connect it online?

Here at Verizon, we want to help make your holidays a little less stressful by helping you connect your new devices to your Verizon in-home network. The brand new FiOS Get Connected website is dedicated to answering all your questions about setting up your new products and services to the Verizon network in a flash.

Read more...

150/35 Mbps: One Giant Leap for Broadband in America

by ‎11-22-2010 08:00 AM - edited ‎11-22-2010 10:18 AM

fios copy1 (1).jpgIt’s good to be king.  In this case, the undisputed king of broadband Internet service among major U.S. Internet service providers as we introduce today our newest FiOS Internet speed offer of 150/35 megabits per second.

As compared to some of Verizon’s chief cable rivals, our new speed provides 50 percent faster download speed than the fastest download speeds of Comcast and Cablevision.  In contrast to cable giant Time Warner, our fastest download speed rockets 200 percent faster than its fastest download speed.

As fans of FiOS, and broadband fans in general know, upstream speeds are equally important in this visual era where consumers send mega-sized amounts of video, images and data to colleagues professionally, plus post them to social media sites for fun.

Read more...

Shop Safely Online But Watch for this Season’s ‘Twelve Scams’

by ‎11-19-2010 01:08 PM - edited ‎11-19-2010 01:28 PM

online_shopping_2 (3).JPG

Though the holidays are filled with great food, good company and fantastic sales, Verizon and McAfee want to remind you to be smart and safe online during the holiday season.

So, as you head online to book travel and do your shopping, McAfee has compiled “The Twelve Scams of Christmas,” the most dangerous online scams to be aware of this holiday season:

Read more...

3DTV.jpg

If you’re wondering what 3D on FiOS TV is really like, you can now check out new 3D video-on-demand programming that launched this week.

We’ve made eight VOD movies available to FiOS TV customers across the country who have a 3D television set, 3D glasses and a high-definition set-top box.

If that describes you, just look in the “High Definition” VOD folder under HD 3D or in the “Movies” VOD folder under 3D Movies, where you’ll find titles like “Chicken Little,” “Bolt,” “Meet the Robinsons,” and “Journey to the Center of the Earth.” 

Read more...

Verizon Offers the Best Online Experience to Small Businesses

by ‎11-16-2010 10:59 AM - edited ‎11-16-2010 10:59 AM

compass_logo.jpg

It’s a fact that many businesses are started in the home – most popular being in the garage or the basement.  Many of our consumer customers are also our business customers.  So  if you own a small business or have a friend who does, then check out the Verizon small business websites and some new social media tools that are launching today.

An important asset for home-based and other small businesses is an easy-to-navigate website that offers resources, tools, advice and more to help the business succeed.

Read more...

FiOS TV Offers Saturday’s Oregon-Cal Game in 3D

by ‎11-11-2010 09:17 AM - edited ‎11-11-2010 09:17 AM

small_3dtv.JPG

FiOS TV customers will get another chance to see what 3D on FiOS is really like this Saturday.  We’re offering all FiOS TV subscribers across the country the chance to watch college football's No. 1-ranked Oregon take on Cal at Berkeley, when VERSUS produces and broadcasts the game in 3D.

Like other 3D programming on FiOS, the VERSUS broadcast will be available to FiOS TV customers who have a 3D television set, 3D glasses and an HD set-top box.  The game, which starts at 7:30 pm ET, will be found in 3D on FiOS TV channel 1002.  

Read more...

Flex View: FiOS Video on Demand Anywhere, Anytime

by Employee ‎11-10-2010 10:45 AM - edited ‎06-02-2011 03:33 PM

mobile_flexview.JPG

I was sitting in the doctor’s office the other day—you know, the room they call you back to so you can wait an additional hour on top of the hour you’ve already spent in the waiting room?  As I played Jewels on my Droid X, I rejoiced that cell phones have eliminated the need to read last year’s issue of RV Monthly when it’s the only magazine in the doctor’s basket. 

Now I can’t wait until I have time on my hands again because I’m going to entertain myself with a movie by using Flex View – a new extension of FiOS TV that Verizon introduced today.  Flex View gives me a video store at my fingertips on my TV, PC or laptop, and cell phone or another mobile device, and lets me watch more than 1,400 FiOS Video on Demand movies on all of them.  I can even pick up watching my movie on one device at the spot where I left off watching on another.  

Read more...

How to Protect the Family Computer

by ‎11-08-2010 01:13 PM - edited ‎11-08-2010 02:02 PM

tracy-mooney.jpgToday’s guest blogger is Tracy Mooney, McAfee’s Chief Cyber Security Mom.  A mother of three, Tracy shares her insights about keeping families safe online.

I love music and movies. I would venture to say that it is one of the things that brings my family together. But no matter how much I love Johnny Depp, Muse or even Lady Gaga, I just don’t search for them or their music or movies online very often.

So when McAfee released their 2010 Digital Music and Movies Report: The True Cost of Free Entertainment, I didn’t think it affected me. I mean, I don’t go actively searching for free music or free movies.

Then it hit me! I may not search for music and movies, but my kids might. They certainly have more time on their hands than I do. They also may be more likely to type “free” before whatever they are searching for, which can result in a 300 percent increase of landing on a website that could infect your computer, according to the report.

Read more...

‘What’s Next’ Actively Involves Customers with New Broadband Orders

by ‎11-05-2010 11:13 AM - edited ‎11-05-2010 11:40 AM

myverizon.JPGOkay…you’ve decided to ditch that ancient cable technology and jump on board the fast-moving FiOS train for your Internet, TV and voice services.  You’ve placed the order and the installation is a few days away – now what do you do?  What’s next?

Precisely!  FiOS customers in waiting – and digital subscriber line-based High Speed Internet (HSI) customers too - can go to www.myverizon.com/whatsnext, enter their master order number and use the What’s Next feature to keep tabs on the progress of their order and learn more about FiOS or HSI services and current promotions, among many other features, during the days leading up to installation.

Read more...

Caught in a Bad Cable Romance? You Deserve Better.

by ‎11-03-2010 10:23 AM - edited ‎11-03-2010 10:35 AM

television (1).JPGI overanalyze most purchases regardless of whether they involve a package of pasta, a backpack, running shoes or something much larger like a high-definition TV.

In fact, the HD TV I use to watch most shows, movies and sporting events on FiOS TV was purchased as the result of more than six months of research and studying local prices.  The diligence paid off as I saved $1,000 by price shopping, and I’ve never regretted the purchase.

Why the overanalysis on my part? I hate buyer’s remorse -- that sinking feeling you get in your gut that cries out after you’ve made a purchase and wonder if you’ve done the right thing.

Read more...

Big Bear Bucket.JPGFor firefighters, knowing how to tell the difference between power cables and telephone cables can be a matter of life and death.

In Big Bear City, Calif., the need for training on cable identification became apparent Oct. 5 when firefighters responded to an accident in which a trash truck snagged overhead cables and pulled them down onto the street, according to local Verizon technician John Bien. Two of the newer members of the fire crew that handled the incident were unable to determine if the cables carried high voltage or not, said Bien, who was at the scene.

As a result of that incident, a group of Verizon technicians volunteered to help improve the Big Bear City Fire Department's training center in Southern California's San Bernardino Mountains.

Read more...

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements