• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Displaying articles for: March 2012

GOT.jpgBy now, regular readers of the At Home blog know that we love free stuff. So, I’m excited to tell you about all the free programming coming to FiOS TV customers in the next month.

Starting now, you can make this a blockbuster weekend with free previews from Starz and HBO. Both are offering all of their channels, including video-on-demand programming, free of charge through Monday, April 2. This means you can watch Starz, EncoreHBO and Cinemax, as well as all the on demand programming you can handle. 

Read more...

Disney Jr.jpgMy kids love their TV time. My three-year-old watches the clock because he knows we’ll let him turn on one of his favorite shows as soon as it’s 5 p.m.

Most days, that means we’re checking the DVR for our favorite Disney Junior shows, like Little Einsteins. Lucky for FiOS TV customers with children or young relatives, Disney Junior is now a full time, 24/7 channel!

This week, Disney launched the 24-hour network, which is aimed at families with children between the ages of two and seven.

Read more...

MMForum.jpgLast Wednesday, I joined some of my colleagues at the annual Multicultural Media Forum in NYC. This is a great industry event, where distributors, programmers and other executives gather to discuss the latest in multicultural content. The theme this year was: The Power of Community.

Michelle Webb, Verizon’s executive director of content programming and acquisition for FiOS TV, spoke on a panel all about multicultural programming. 

Read more...

FiOSForwardLogos_12_28.jpgThe Verizon Enhanced Communities Executive Summit kicks off today in Chantilly, VA, Dubbed “FiOS Forward – A World Without Borders” the event brings together many of the leading multiple-family development movers and shakers.  These are the folks responsible for building or managing apartment complexes, condominium communities or planned housing developments and providing their tenants and customers with the latest and greatest amenities.  They are looking to differentiate themselves from the property down the street and that’s where Verizon comes in.

Verizon hosts the summit each year to give these executives an opportunity to see first hand the new technologies and innovations we can provide their properties, especially our unmatched FiOS network.

Read more...

tax time 1.jpgThere are three things that are certain in life: death, taxes and tax scams.

As the calendar approaches April 15 each year, the number of IRS-related scams seems to grow.

Tax season is a good time to be aware of potential phishing scams and other attempts to steal personal or financial information.

Phishing attacks use email or malicious Web sites to collect personal and financial information. Attackers may send urgent emails that request account information, seemingly from a reputable credit card company or financial institution or government agency. When users respond with the requested information, attackers can use it to gain access to the accounts.

Read more...

We're Cutting CO2 Intensity by 50%

by Employee ‎03-20-2012 11:24 PM - edited ‎03-21-2012 04:48 PM

co2 in grass-smalldpi.jpg50% off!

It sounds great when you’re standing online waiting to pay. It sounded good to us, too.

Earlier this week we announced our goal to cut in half our carbon intensity – the amount of energy needed to move data across Verizon’s networks -- by 2020. We’re using our 2009 carbon intensity level as the benchmark and the starting point for our goal.

This is important for our shareholders and the communities we serve but it has broader implications as well. According to a recent report by PriceWaterhouse Coopers, carbon emissions fell along with the recession and industrial output but that changed in 2010 carbon intensity across the globe climbed. (Get the full report online.)

Read more...

MY FiOS Now Available On Your Apple Device

by ‎03-20-2012 10:51 AM - edited ‎03-20-2012 10:54 AM

MY FiOS iOS 2.jpgBack in October, we launched the MY FiOS app. Until now, the app has only been available on Android devices, but I have great news today for all you Apple fans: MY FiOS is now available on iPhones, iPads and the iPod Touch.

Read more...

At long last, March Madness is upon us. And just in time, Verizon is launching a FiOS TV app that will make those paper brackets a thing of the past.ESPN TC logo.PNG

Read more...

3 Screen Minimum: The Convergence of Social Media & TV

by Employee ‎03-10-2012 04:41 PM - edited ‎03-10-2012 04:43 PM

SXSW Logo.jpgIt’s that time of year again, when aficionados of the arts and technology descend on Austin, Texas for the annual SXSW festival.  The festival offers a unique perspective on music, film and new technologies.  It’s known as one of the breeding grounds for launching creative content and ways to connect with it.  In 2009, the Foursquare app launched and it’s where the film The Hurt Locker debuted – later winning the Academy Award for Best Picture.

Through panel discussions, music showcases and screenings, South by Southwest always creates awesome exposure for what is new and emerging.  So it’s no surprise Verizon has made its way to Austin this year.

Our own Eric Bruno, vice president of product development is participating on the panel 3 Screen Minimum: The Convergence of Social Media & TV on Sunday morning at 11 a.m. Central Time.    Did you know a full 70 percent of US tablet owners say they use their devices while watching TV?  This panel is going to focus on how companies like Verizon are baking social into their products and enabling users to tweet, watch online videos and update Facebook directly from their TVs. Channels like Bravo capitalize on this by weaving emerging tech like Foursquare, Foodspotting and Shazam into their TV output, as well as having personalities engage actively with fans and critics on Twitter and other social media.

Read more...

TV or Not TV? Answer: Anytime, Anywhere, Any Device

by Employee ‎03-08-2012 01:08 PM - edited ‎03-08-2012 11:16 PM

So how do you watch TV and how would you like to watch TV?  We recently posed that question to a number of youngWashington,D.C.consumers and got some interesting responses. 

Most told us they prefer watching their favorite TV programming, movies or other video on several different devices, including smartphones, laptops and tablets.  Oh, and many prefer it on demand.

Read more...

Verizon.Via. Van. white background.jpgHybrids are hardly new, but plug-in electric vehicles, well… That’s a different story!

In this blog, we announce a new partnership to develop plug-in work vans and pickup trucks. This could be disruptive, definitely innovative, and potentially beneficial not just to Verizon but to hundreds of companies with large fleets.  The long-range, plug-in work van and pickup could be an incredibly valuable option.

If you’re still wondering what the big deal is?

• ·         The vehicle is charged overnight from an ordinary household 110V or 220V outlet or can be charged at any charging station when available for as little as $1 a day in some states. And...
Read more...

Verizon at Home Blog
The first place for news of new Verizon products and services or upgrades to the ones you have. For service problems click here. Or check our Community Forums.

Please note: Please register as a member of the Verizon Community Forums to comment here.

About The Authors

Bob Elek

Manager - Media Relations

Photo of Maitreyi Krishnaswamy

Bob stays on top of developments and issues with Verizon’s Consumer and Mass Business segment from his home base in Florida. He has been involved with FiOS since it was first being developed and deployed in 2004.

Alberto Canal

Photo of Alberto Canal

Alberto is in the public relations group. He loves to share tech, sustainability, feel-good, and random news of interest. A happy FiOS quad play customer, he likes to use his family as guinea pigs.

Deidre Hart

Manager -- Media Relations

Photo of Deidre Hart

Deidre is a member of the consumer PR team and loves to talk everything FiOS and everything football. She’s also a happy Triple Play customer.

Phil Santoro

Photo of Phil

Phil has been extolling the virtues of FiOS ever since he had his Triple Play installed and can’t image how he ever managed without it. He writes about developing technologies that enable him to fuel his addiction to movies and sports whenever he wants, no matter where he is.

Caroline Wilson

Photo of Caroline

Caroline manages the Verizon FiOS Google+ page, capturing the latest in entertainment, technology, sports and everything in between. She loves using social media and the written word to extend the FiOS conversation.

Categories
Follow Verizon on Twitter

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411